+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feeling very wrong for three days so far

Default Feeling very wrong for three days so far

Greetings,

Pot was never a habit for me, so my problem may seem trivial to you. But I understand that this community has no illusions or positive bias towards weed and probably won't disregard my issue as imaginary. So I turn to you. I hope my post is not too long because sometimes I'm a bit too thorough.

In short, I think there may have been something wrong with what I smoked recently.

For context, I'm 29 years old. Never smoked a lot of pot. In fact, I've avoided it for the longest time and first tried it only around two years ago. Since then, I've smoked pot about 10 times or so. It was always enjoyable and I never had any adverse effects until now.

I shared a joint with a friend three days ago. There was only a minimal effect, but what little of it there was felt familiar. I could get into details, but it's likely irrelevant - in short, it definitely felt like weed, but a very mild high.

Several hours later though, I had a strong headache. Sinus area and the sides of my head. It persisted for quite a while but settled down eventually. This is where it gets strange. On my way home, I felt *dumb*. I couldn't focus my thoughts, but worse yet, it felt more like there were no thoughts at all except for the conscious train of thought I maintained. If that makes sense. I went to bed, convinced it will go away in the morning. Only it didn't.

I woke up to that same dumbness. Total lack of focus, slight lack of balance. I couldn't think about anything, like something was blocking away the usual sea of various thoughts swimming around my head. When I experienced two short memory holes within a short period of time (did something, completely forgot I did it), I was convinced it was definitely due to the weed.

It's three days later and things may have gotten better since, but I'm not even sure of that. After those two, there were no more memory holes, at least that I'm aware of. But there's still a distinct lack of something in my head. The background wash of thoughts is still gone. In addition, I look at something - anything - and it doesn't mean the same thing it used to mean. Everything seems hollow somehow. It's very difficult to explain. There's a fog over everything and I can't prod through it.

I have never experienced anything like this with weed. I've had much more intense highs that would dissipate normally and leave no lingering effects. This is just not going away though and it really feels like it's here to stay. I don't feel like myself at all. It feels like a vital part of me was ripped away and I can't function without it.

Is it possible that the weed was laced with something? Did it damage my brain? Would a brain scan reveal that damage? Do you have any advice on how I should proceed?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Help would be much appreciated.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

There could be many factors. First of all, the cannabis grown today is very potent and most growers use non-organic toxic fertilizers. Also, cannabis has I think more than 60 chemicals involved in the full life cycle of the plant. After consuming cannabis, it is permeated into your fat cells and can take weeks or even months to exit your system depending how habitual you are/were. Also, some people can develop into being allergic to cannabis and the allergic reactions can be severe. Cannabis does not cause brain damage to infrequent recreational users. Brain scans does show trauma to chronic habitual users but the negative side effects are reversed after abstinence. I'm not a doctor but since you are not a habitual chronic user, you are going to be fine.

Hi there hmr,

My first thoughts were that it sounds like the pot you smoked was laced with something nasty. When I was in highschool my boyfriend would lace my weed with acid and not tell anyone (nasty piece of work). Alternatively, it could have been a really bad batch of weed, which can happen too. I have been hospitalised in the past from a bad bunch of hydro weed and the disgusting chemicals it was laced with. So, it is possible.

It is good to hear that you are starting to feel a bit better. You might want to go and get some medical attention, or support. There is probably nothing they would give you to rebalance your brain, though. Sleep, good nutrition, exercise, is probably the best of what you can do for yourself.

That is the thing with cannabis though. You never know who grew it, or what chemicals they used. I am sensitive to chemical laden weed too, a lot of people are!

Think / hope you will feel better soon!

Cheers,
    Alice

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    There could be many factors. First of all, the cannabis grown today is very potent and most growers use non-organic toxic fertilizers. Also, cannabis has I think more than 60 chemicals involved in the full life cycle of the plant. After consuming cannabis, it is permeated into your fat cells and can take weeks or even months to exit your system depending how habitual you are/were. Also, some people can develop into being allergic to cannabis and the allergic reactions can be severe. Cannabis does not cause brain damage to infrequent recreational users. Brain scans does show trauma to chronic habitual users but the negative side effects are reversed after abstinence. I'm not a doctor but since you are not a habitual chronic user, you are going to be fine.
    I'm not that worried about the weed itself, but rather the possibility of it being contaminated by god-knows-what chemicals involved in growing/storing it. I'm worried I may have inhaled god knows what that ended up in my bloodstream and damaged my brain permanently. Perhaps I should just have my brain scanned and my blood done to know for sure. The only reason I didn't do so already is because I think if I come out clean, I'm just going to be paranoid about some "micro damage" the scan wasn't able to detect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Hi there hmr,

My first thoughts were that it sounds like the pot you smoked was laced with something nasty. When I was in highschool my boyfriend would lace my weed with acid and not tell anyone (nasty piece of work). Alternatively, it could have been a really bad batch of weed, which can happen too. I have been hospitalised in the past from a bad bunch of hydro weed and the disgusting chemicals it was laced with. So, it is possible.

It is good to hear that you are starting to feel a bit better. You might want to go and get some medical attention, or support. There is probably nothing they would give you to rebalance your brain, though. Sleep, good nutrition, exercise, is probably the best of what you can do for yourself.

That is the thing with cannabis though. You never know who grew it, or what chemicals they used. I am sensitive to chemical laden weed too, a lot of people are!

Think / hope you will feel better soon!

Cheers,
    Alice
    What do you mean by acid? LSD? Can you really lace weed with that and accomplish anything? I understand LSD gets ruined by heat. Not my own words - I never took LSD and I don't intend to. This is just something I read. Still, there may be adverse effects of inhaling that ruined LSD. In any case, piece of work sounds about right. It's barely any different than poisoning people.

What exactly happened when that weed put you in a hospital? Something brain-related like panic attack or lung damage? Did you undergo a brain scan?

I may have understated exactly how I feel. Perhaps I should have made that clear, because this may not be entirely due to weed. I've basically been panicking for three days but keeping it under wraps as best I can - so essentially trapped in paralyzing anxiety. I can't shake the feeling that my brain is permanently altered and I honestly can't tell how objective I am at this point. I know anxiety has a way of bypassing rationality, taking root and proceeding to self-perpetuate. So in other words, maybe what I've been experiencing is entirely due to an anxiety loop. May even explain the two memory holes, though that in particular may be a bit too extreme to handwave as a symptom of anxiety...

I don't want this to come off as a blog or something, I only mention this because it may be relevant to this problem. I am prone to anxiety by default and due to the death of a family member two months ago, it's been worse than usual. Have to keep inner turmoil under wraps and behave like everything is ok, so the weed may possibly have let anxiety loose. It probably was a THC-heavy strain, I understand they may exacerbate anxiety. But you'd figure that would happen during the high, not after it. Right? I don't know, perhaps the presence of other people kept it under wraps. The feeling of being dumb did only hit when I was alone and heading home.

As for the headache I described, It may not be due to the weed. Another friend who was present that day and never touched the pot had the exact same headache. We both smoke (cigarettes), so the headache may be due to the constant temperature changes of frequently going out to smoke in the cold and coming back inside where it's warm. Also, it may have been due to the poor quality beer - had my share of headaches due to that in the past.

Again, thanks for the replies, they really are much appreciated.

Hi there,

Well I am not sure that my boyfriend spiked my weed with LSD, but he spiked something, maybe food. Not nice.

The bad weed sent me into a psychosis. A short and not so sweet deviation from reality. No, I didn't get a scan. I am pretty sure than brain scans are not just routine things that doctors do regularly. The only time I have had a brain scan was last year. I had an MRI to look at my pituitary gland. They actually saw some abnormalities and I ended up going to a neurologist, but it turned out to be nothing. I doubt if what you are experiencing would show up on a brain scan or blood test.

It sounds to me like you are suffering from anxiety attacks. These can be quite scary when they really amp up. The best way to treat them is to do breathing exercises to slow your breath down. The anxiety attacks or panic attacks themselves are caused by 'over breathing' or breathing shallow and fast. Whatever is causing you to breathe like this can be dealt with mindfulness, but you really need to slow down your breathing to feel better.

Go and see your doctor if you are still worried!

Cheers,
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising