+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bad bad bad dreams when coming clean off weed

Unhappy Bad bad bad dreams when coming clean off weed

These dreams are just starting to get really bad and vivid. It's always one to two weeks after quitting weed and then I start getting really really great dreams fun dreams dreams that I never remember before when I smoked weed. Then after a little while in my dream something turns and it starts going downhill. A good dream always turns into a really really really bad dream to the point where I wake up every single time and hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes to hours max and then I'm in a panic when I wake up.

I think this must be from using marijuana over 20 years being 37 right now I can say that's been most of my life getting high smashing those emotions putting it all down having the weed to calm me Down when in the end all I was doing was the exact opposite and making my life a living hell being addicted to marijuana. Let me repeat that my life has been a living hell while being addicted to marijuana.

In many ways even before I smoked weed my life wasn't good but looking back I was a little kid I could have gotten over that stuff but I chose weed because it gave me this level of calmness or getting out of my head in school and in life.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I had ADHD of time before I started smoking and then when I first took my hit the last thing I had to think about that's how fast my mind is racing all the time.

So here I am 20 years later almost 2 weeks clean and now comes the torrent of bad dreams with my repressed emotions my mind just can't shut up.

I got an hour and 45 minutes sleep went to bed at 2 a.m. Woke up at 3:45 with the right on the DOT and now I lay awake thinking I don't even want to go back to sleep because I know for a fact that in another 2 hours or so at 6 a.m. I'm going to wake up from another awful dream. And then by that time I don't go back to sleep no matter what, stay up until around 8 a.m. Fall back to sleep cuz I'm so tired wake up at 10 stay up for another few hours until I'm dead tired again from all the waking up night before and then the cycle begins again.

I need to go talk to a psychologist I can't get on meds again the side effects of this too great no matter what it is. When I was a kid I went on antidepressants and anti-anxiety because of the time nobody told me about ADHD and how that was affecting my life. But I was going to say is I tried killing myself on meds a long long time ago because my mom went to get me a pizza one night. I tried being on Wellbutrin and then about tripping really hard and hitting my head on the ground I never did tell my parents then.

Thank you weed for helping making my life a living hell, you never been good to me, you might have been there every time I want to do, but never needed you. you always lied to me saying just smoke it it's all good ,you are the worst thing that ever happened in my life. when I should have been working on myself I turn towards you for relief, but that was never the case. the relief I thought I was getting was only the weed lying to ....me that's probably the most messed up thing in the world being a pothead for me.

Talking to my computer doing voice recognition sorry about the long post

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi there McSpeed,

Congratulations on your quit. It sounds like you have some really good reasons to quit, and that you are quite determined. I think this is half the battle. And yes, life can be better without cannabis. I hope that you will find your emotions more balanced and your thought processes stronger, after you get through the initial withdrawals. I also found that I can 'connect' with people more easily, which is good for friendships and relationships.

I am sorry to hear that your sleep is so disrupted. I remember having nightmares every night for a while when I quit. The good news is that this doesn't last forever. They do gradually recede, until you can sleep a whole night completely uninterrupted. I was never sure what to do about these nightmares, but you could try a herbal remedy - melatonin. Some people have found that it can help with sleep cycles.

Hang in there. You are doing great!
    Let us know how you are going!

Cheers,
    Alice

I have a post on page 2 that has some suggestions that several Naturopaths told me to take that helped with anxiety, sleep, depression, etc. I quit under medical supervision. It's still difficult but I realized that it's better not doing it alone. Family and friends support group. Medical supervision. Counseling if needed. Used everybody to help you. Here's my post title on page 2: "Withdrawal experiences from non recreation post surgery prescribed THC?"
    Low dose Naltraxone can be prescribed by a Naturopath. He will also give you other things to help, Glycine, L Theanine, Gaba, etc. Make an appt. and try to see one for help. It is better than online products and DIY methods.

Our stories are similar in some respects. If medication hasn't been helpful for you, I absolutely suggest you find a therapist or psychologist to talk to once a week. I have a lot of guilt and frustration and anger with myself from time spent in a haze and I'm not sure I'll be able to work through it all but therapy should help.

Baby steps. Hour by hour. Day by day. Week. Month by month.
    It will get better.

Maybe a month in without weed, I lost track. Still feeling pretty positive about it all, and deff feeling allot better than I ever did while addicted to weed. Only thing I can't seem to get under control is the sleeping. For the life of me I can't get more than 2 hours of sleep then I wake up, go back to sleep for an hour or two, and do it all again up until the 4-5 hour mark and then just say screw this I'm sick of waking up after a bad dream over and over and over.

If I had one reason to go back to being high all the time this would be it. But alas that's not a good reason, well hell nothing gives me a good reason to go back, except I think this is my mind trying to trick me into finding reasons when I know I'm better off without it.

Tried calming tea of all sorts, not eating too late, exercising(I think this helps a bit more than others)...eating right.....i really don't know but nothing helps me get more than 2 hours of sleep at a time.

This has happened before as well, and then it gets better eventually and I forget about the crap I put myself into and go back to smoking for one stupid reason or another.

I have to stay strong and not get into weed hell again - that's all I can say it feels like when I am addicted and currently smoking that S.HIT.

going to see the doctor for a checkup after a good 10+ years so I suppose I'll have allot to talk about, maybe I can get on some sleep meds, though I don't want to be addicted to anything.

Congrats on a month! That is amazing

With regard to your sleep I would echo the others about the fact that natural supplements might help. A check up with your doc sounds really good, and maybe he or she can give you some advice. When I was having trouble sleeping a couple of years ago, they gave me choice of a pharma drug, which would be addictive, or a herbal supplement - melatonin. Thankfully my sleep got into shape of its own accord and I did not take either of these medicines.

I know that it is tough, but be patient, it WILL get better and your sleep will improve. Some people talk about sleep hygiene and trying to get into a routine, can help.

It is good to hear that exercise is helping a little.

Let us know how you are going
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising