+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some great people on this board from what I've read so far....

Default Some great people on this board from what I've read so far....

Hi everyone.

Decided to register as I think I am ready to quit this habit but have no support network, I have no family, friends outside of work I talk to and I'm generally an anti social kind of guy.

I started smoking weed at the age of 15 and I'm now 27. Over the last 5 years (While I've been in employment) I have smoked all day everyday getting through a shitload of weed a month. I'm not even going to give quantities or prices as its embarrassing. Lets just say we are bordering on £50k spent over the last 5 years.

My only parent has always been an habitual user himself but he has good reason to use it for its medicinal properties due to a botched operation when he was a child which leaves him in pain alot which the weed alleviates. I however dont really have a good reason to be abusing it like I am and only use it as a form of escape or out of boredom.

The reason I keep relapsing when I try to quit is I struggle dealing with the withdrawal symptoms, especially the hot/cold sweats and sleepless nights. I also have incredibly disturbing dreams which wake me up every 3 hours. After about day 3 of cessation the sheer amount of sleep I've lost catches up with me and I feel like crap. I get pressure behind the eyes, really bad neck and shoulder ache as well as acute headaches. This causes me to be moody and unnapproacable at work so I always end up relapsing so I can feel 'Normal' again. Can anyone relate?

This time I'm attacking it in a different way. I've decided I'm going to limit myself to a one skin joint when I finish work and one before bed. The logic behind this is I'll still get a good nights sleep and wont sweat my nuts off but my tolerence should decrease massively over the next couple of months to the point where I may be able to skip the bedtime joint altogether.

My body doesnt know what its like to NOT be high. I aso dont want to end up being in the same situation 5 years down the line with another 50k spent on the stuff. When I go without my routine is as follows, get home from work, stare into an abyss for a couple hours, have a hot bath (As this alleviates some of the shoulder tension) Sorry to be crude here but then I bash one out as this relaxes me slightly before i go to bed. I then usually feel physically tired but its like my brain isnt whatsoever, I'll lie there tossing and turning for 2 hours before dropping off. I'll then awake (And you can set your alarm by this) at exactly 3am drenched in sweat and shivering, I'll then get broken sleep every hour before I get up at 6am when I fell like I havent slept at all.

THIS is the SOLE reason I keep relapsing, I can keep a lid on my anger and can manage the boredom, but its always the lack of sleep that does it for me....

I dont know what else to say at the moment as my neighbours underneath are incessantly banging around as I type this which is majorly PISSING ME OFF.

Guess I just wanted to say hello to you all, and reading your experiences is comforting to know I'm not alone in this.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Welcome.
    Yes. The lack of sleep is, to me, the worse of it all. Constant fatigue. Makes one angry all the time. Upsets everything in life.
    I have a post on page 2 where I list a variety of supplements that can help with symptoms. I quit under medical supervision. Everyone is different and this is not medical advice but just sharing what I did and took to help. The title of the post is, "Withdrawal experiences from non recreation post surgery prescribed THC?"
    I helps a lot to have the supervision of a Naturopath or some other medical person that is experienced with THC withdrawal that you can see on a weekly basis.
    I am on day 66 and my sleep has gone from every 1 hour with sweats and hot flashes to 2 hours to. . . now up to 3-4 hours. Last night was 5 hours which is great.
    So hang in there and it will get better but so so slowly. It's important to have a daily support group. By yourself is very very difficult. I tried to do it by myself at last and it was horrible. It helps to have people physically around you. And also not to transfer rage and anger onto them even though you are miserable.
    I hope this helps. Again. Check my post as it has a list of things that might help with anxiety, anger, and sleep.

Hi there,

Here is the link to the post that Retired was mentioning :https://www.cannabisrehab.org/forums...prescribed-THC

Cheers,
    Alice

I had insomnia for about 2-3 weeks after quitting. It sounds similar to yours, difficulty falling asleep, waking up at 3 am, waking up again at dawn. I don't know for sure but I think I was getting about 2-4 hours of sleep a night. The bad news is that I didn't find much to be helpful with it, I didn't nap during the day, I exercised a bit (anything should help, even just walking), I drank sleepytime tea, tried kava kava, nothing seemed to be particularly helpful for me other than waiting it out. I'd still try those things, they may help for you and it can feel productive just to be trying to alleviate your symptoms. Ultimately you may just need to suffer through a several week period of this, while not smoking, until you get through it. It won't last forever. I still wake up after my first dream and again at dawn, but now I'm getting about 7 hours a night.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising