+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pain

Default Pain

Today was the first day I decided to quit smoking weed after everyday use for about 4 years. Todayís the 7th anniversary of my fathers death, complications from diabetes. Itís been a rough journey especially these past years. Iíve tried to quit smoking at least 3 times over the past couple years but Iíve always lost all my motivation soon after beginning. I donít know why I smoke pot, itís probably to drown out all these feelings about my dad.
    I live with my mom brother and sister but weíre all not close, never have been. Itís sucks to actually type that and realize that my life is just a ball of endless pain. Iíve been depressed ever since my father died and itís been extremely hard dealing everyday with thoughts of regret. I do blame myself for most of the pain in my life. Iím alone, I always have been and from the looks of things I always will be.
    I think Iím just using this thread to vent. If anyone wants to talk Iím here.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Baby steps forward. Tiny ones.
    Forward thinking.
    Physical environment and lifestyle and habits reinforces the spin of the mind and the emptiness in the heart.
    Change the surroundings, the friends that are not productive and moving forward, the lifestyle, and the habits, and the mind and heart will change in turn.
    Decide to quit, awesome.. . . then quit.
    Decide to take a walk down the street and hum a tune. . then do so.
    Decide to do things and act and respond differently than before. . . then do so.
    Baby steps.

Hey Freedom123,

I am sorry to hear about your father, that must be really hard. Have you ever thought about getting some counselling or therapy to help you to work through the feelings of regret and blaming yourself?

Don't be too hard on yourself for smoking cannabis. It is addictive. Maybe you continue to smoke it because it is addictive?

I also know the feeling of the fact that it can put you in a little bubble and you don't have to deal with the outside world. This can be comfortable, but it is a temporary fix and it doesn't help to make your life better.

Just because you feel alone now, doesn't mean that you will always be, especially if you take steps to live true to your values and continue to improve your life for the better.

Congrats on your quit. I know it can be hard, especially if you don't have support, so I would encourage you to find a good therapist or to post more on this board here, so that you can find your people and get out of the funk.

Take care,
    Alice xx

I too am sorry to hear of your suffering, I know as someone who has battle depression themselves that sometimes you just want someone to listen and understand what it is you are feeling. I was also wondering if you have ever tried medication? I am sure I am not the first to say but I also know what a bad illness depression can be as well as the difference the right treatment can make for some.

I am sure quitting weed will help in the long term, in the short term though it can only increase the intensity of the emotional pain depending on how much of a withdrawal you suffer which is why you may need the medication kind of extra support if it's right for you.

Hang in there and please feel free to vent when you need to.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising