+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matt's Story *Please help

Default Matt's Story *Please help

Hey everybody, My name is Matthew, and I'm 21 years old. I have been dealing with marijuana dependency for the last 5 years of my life. Being from Toronto, It is a very common thing for individuals to mix tobacco with their weed. We call it a popper; and its when you take the bowl off of a metal shaft, rip a piece of cigarette off, stick it in then stamp your weed on top and smoke it out of a bong. I would smoke 5-10 hits every 2 hours for the last 5 years. I reached the point where i was waking up at 4 am every morning, because my body and my mind would tell me that I needed to smoke. It got to the point where the addiction was so bad, I would feel physically ill to the thought of not having any. I couldn't go to class unless i smoked, I wouldn't go to work unless I smoked or really couldn't do any of my daily activities. It took full control of my life, and made me lose everything that I've ever worked for. Two days ago, I decided it was time to quit. After being to the doctors multiple times this year for my lungs and the serious concerns myself and my family have about my health made me realize that I need to let it go before its to late. I am now 49 hours clean, and the withdrawals have been terrible. I haven't eaten since my last toke, the thought of food makes me ill. I try to get some things down, but it feels next to impossible. I'm also getting severe hot flashes, to the point where i feel I'm sweating out the little bit of energy that I have left in my body. My mind goes from feeling clearer then I have in years, to going absolutely insane within seconds. I also feel like I've lost a lot of interest in things that I normally love to do. I am determined to make this happen, and reach a point where I can overcome the biggest barrier within my life and look back at it all and smile. The process has begun, and I'm sure its going to be a long one. But i know in the end it will all be worth it. My questions are, is anyone else going through these same withdrawals, and if so do you have anything to recommend that will ease the symptoms. I lay in bed at night the last few nights, and feel like I'm actually going to die. Id do anything to be able to have a good night sleep and to get some food in my stomach. I really appreciate any help and advice offered. Thank you so much, and I appreciate everything!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Matt,

Congrats on your quit. I don't have a lot of experience with your particular withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps someone else can chime in on ways that they managed similar withdrawals!?

One thing that I found useful was distraction, and you are certainly doing that, with all the posts on the board. I found that reading other people's stories, replying to people and generally posting about my experiences, helped me to keep in a positive mindset. This was invaluable, because it made it easier to deal with and accept the uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.

For eating, I would suggest bland foods, like rice or oatmeal.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

You are doing a great thing, and you are right! This period will not last forever, but when you are through it, you will feel so much better Keep going!

Cheers,
    Alice

Hi Matt,

Upset appetite is a known symptom of marijuana withdrawal, I guess the simplest way of explaining it IMO is you know how using pot can stimulate appetite or give you the "munchies", well the best way to think of what is happening IMO is something along the lines of the reverse.

Withdrawing can cause appetite suppression/lack of appetite for some and insomnia which is something you just have to kind of ride out and it will pass as will the lack of appetite, however there are possibly some things that may help to settle your stomach and maybe even help your appetite recover but as with many types of medicinal products it sometimes requires a bit of experimentation to see what works best for you, as someone who has suffered gastro problems due to a hernia I speak from experience of problems in that area.

But there is like I say plenty of OTC stuff to try, if it was me I would probably try some calcium carbonate (typical antacid tablets) and as a punt some loperamide or Imodium (brand) as it's often known, it's main use is for actually for diarrhea but due to the way it works it can also sometimes be good for calming other gastro type problems or at least that's what I have found when I had some complex and weird stuff going on down there (non marijuana related).

Anyhow it's up to you and you may have to try a number of different remedies but there is plenty of stuff to help with gastro stuff freely available over the counter, that's what I would try. Pepto bismol may also be worth a shot, again not specifically designed for your problem as nothing out there will be but if it was me it's something else I may want to try.

Hang in there and all the best, either way in time it will all pass. Obviously if you go to long without eating seek professional medical advice and always remember to still keep your fluids up.

Take care,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising