+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting Marijuana and Tobacco at the same time (including poppers)

Hi Kasper,

Don’t feel bad for posting. I really hope that it helps you get past this tricky bit. I used the forum so many times when I badly wanted to smoke and it helped me to get back into the right mindset. I would talk myself down and it worked, so do let us know how you went when you get back to safety.

It is a tricky time of year and even I feel tempted. While it ‘might be nice’ you are so right because it doesn’t serve you long term. You would go back to cigarettes and back to the fog. It is not just about this one night. You are making a decision about the next few months or years of your life.

You are stronger than this challenge and this challenge is making you stronger. Let us know how you go!

Cheers,
    Alice

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Day 1.......

Hi Kasper,

Don't feel bad. It was the toughest kind of temptation and you are only human.

How are you feeling today?

Cheers,
    Alice

Hi Alice,

I've never seen your face but was not looking forward to imagining what it would look like disappointed lol. I also didn't write too much about it, because I had a ton of fun, I was drunk and in a I don't give a f*ck attitude. Totally just in my adolescent party mode that I am super familiar and comftorable in. I even put on Bob Marley, it was ridiculous. I might of also smoked a bit of tobacco. So bad.

My body on the other hand felt it hard the next day and of course I knew that even though it was fun... it did not serve me in long run and I've taken a big step back in my pursuit of mindfulness, mainly because I'm so comftorable returning to mindlessness. It is important to realize that all feelings whether they be feelings of discomfort sober or feelings of highness intoxicated are all just feelings and are not me, I am my awareness of them and that's the juicy lesson.

My priorities still very much include me achieving absolute clarity in my life, and my pursuit in abstinence is a very important and fundamental step to move forward. But I do like to party, and that's when its tough for me, and rightly so, because the very act of drinking is the act of sedating the mind, and switching me on to party. So the association is strong. I'm setting my environment up to be very difficult in archiving my objective in clairty, I can sit on a big bag of weed and not smoke it, no problem.... now include friends that smoke, music, and alcohol and that becomes a real slippery slope.

I need to distance my self from these parties, and unfortunately the people in them. I need to focus on my life and my objectives. I don't need to socialize as much as I think I do. I simply need to grow up now and utilize this call to change. This is very clear to me.

So my new years party... I'm going to go and spend some time in the environment I'm familiar with, I'm going to just let loose but, I'm going to be aware of the things I'm doing, and I'm going to ring in the new year with the understanding that I'm done with that era of my life. I am ready to fully commit to my growth and I know that I can't be committed to both my growth and my bullshit at the same time, its either one or the other. But a proper good bye is in order.

Some people can smoke a cigarette, and not be smoker, some people can smoke a doobe and not be a smoker, some people can party and not do both, I however need to abstain from all forms of excess, because if I wake that beast ...its on, or its very uncomfortable keeping that beast tamed, and he howls all night long in agony. The fact that I was purposely putting my self in those situations is stupid, the world will provide me with plenty of challenges that test me without my help. 2018, will be the year of me being a loving and present father, developing my awareness and stillness, getting my body in harmony, enjoying and improving moments and of course getting my financial and educational shit in order. There really is no time for my adolescent bullshit, I'm not getting any younger.

Hi Kasper,

Don't be too hard on yourself. It may be an important step on your journey, where you make some important realisations about yourself or your lifestyle. I hasten to ask: how old are you? It must be incredibly challenging to do this when most of your friends are in the 'party' stage. The fact that it sounds like you have a child to consider makes me think that that partying part of your life might need to take a backseat in any case. Children don't seem to blend well with a partying lifestyle.

I think you are right about stacking risk factors. There is only so much temptation that any one person can bear. And if you are drinking, or a bit drunk, your defences are going to be down. Putting yourself in those situations is probably asking for trouble.

I hope that you don't find it too hard to get back onto this path of growth and sobriety you speak of. In my experience, and as you mention in your post, it can be harder to abstain after a slip up, because all your receptors are open now and demand to be fed.

I wish you all the very best of luck going forward. I am not at all disappointed. I am simply curious to know how your journey will unfold, because you are a very self-aware person with a lot to give. Let us know how you are going!

Cheers,
    Alice

Default Re-laps and re-start.

Hi Alice,

So I've been on a rampage since my slip up, smoking daily, making poor choices, passing out on my couch and waking up ****ing lethargic, not being productive in any portion of my life. I'm so over this weed nonsense. Definitely not behaving like the 33 year old man that I should be. Yes Alice, I have a son that lives with his mother in this city/town. So I'm trying to find work close even though the nature of my profession brings me all over the map during the summer months.

I'm sure you could tell in my last post that I have a new quit date set for Jan 01, like every other non-committed effort I manage to find a new quit date ahead. This however is my final quit, a good reminder was the constant sedation I've been experiencing during this relaps. It leads me to a negative platform where all things just start to suck and loose its luster. My optimism, hope and wonder just faded out with this laziness, procrastination, gluttony and just this general numb lifeless feeling in its place. When in this burned out state I just want to watch an un-satisfying show or 2 or 3 or 4,5,6 and eat a ton of food, definitely not the state I ever want to be in. When I am using in a social setting as I will be tonight... I'm comftorable but only because I'm in the "party" mode and not my present mode. SO yes Alice your right, I need to grow the **** up already, its been coming a long time now, but I've been resisting it for so long. This Party Scene, it's gots to go... no time for that, I must fill those spaces with the list of things that I have not been putting any energy into even though they're super important to me. .... Time to get my "priorities" straight as they say...

I have a 7 hour drive to this show down so I'm going to get ready.... but I'll see you back here in the new year, fresh and with no mistakes in it yet...

Hi Kasper,

I am so sorry. I know how awful it can be to slip and fall where cannabis is concerned. If something positive can come out of this experience, then perhaps it will be a better understanding of how cannabis affects your life. This might help to strengthen your decision with regard to quitting. In the end, I was so incredibly sick of the effect that it had on my life and my cognition, that I finally quit for good, and that was nearly two years ago.

I am still wishing you the best of luck if you are able to manage to quit on New Year's Day. It is just a day though, and you might be wobbly, seedy and weak from your partying the night before.

The most important thing right now is that you have a safe and fun New Year's. Take care and see you in 2018! You can beat this!!

Cheers,
    Alice

Default 10,000 ft view

Hi Kasper,

I was just sitting here, sipping wine in the late afternoon glow, thinking about you. I am guessing that you are probably back in the cloud, and you are actually probably having a GREAT time. I think it is important to acknowledge this. If weed was complete crap then none of us would get addicted to it. We would toss it to the side and say 'stuff that'. The point is that cannabis does FEEL good. It is just that it is all hype, like some bad movie that you watch, after hearing all the marketing hype.

I just wanted to let you know, that as compelling as it is (when you are in the LOOP) to have another spliff and to take that trip, speaking as someone who has been outside this for nearly two years, I don't remember those highs. I do remember the flight, if I really concentrate, but it makes me feel dizzy. I don't remember anything real and tangible that I can touch and see. I remember some kind of buzz, barely.

It is so incredibly nice to engage with my emotions in a more honest and engaged way. Not only do I feel GOOD, I actually feel that kind of wholesome good that allows me to grow and learn. I am so incredibly happy and I don't have this dirty, gritty, smear of smoke and smell over my life

It was nice (at the time). I just didn't know any better, from within that. Please don't feel bad. Don't beat yourself up. You are only human. I just want you to know that the view from the other side, is so amazingly brilliant And I know you will do it one day

Cheers,
    Alice

Cool Day 01

Hi Alice!

I'm back! It was so very nice to read your last post and super nice to hear that a lady is thinking about me while sipping on wine somewhere warm at 10,000 feet,... it put a huge smile on my face! Also, everything you said rang so very true to me that my whole soul responded to it. It's like a future me was talking to me...

I want you to know that your participation and comments might of just been exactly what I needed to push my life out of this bullshit loop and into abundance. So that being said when I come out victorious and have beaten my addictions and after I have created a comftorable and profitable life, I'm coming to Australia to buy you a case of beer and a case of wine!

As far as my update... you were right and I was a mess. Yes it was fun, but taxing on my soul, my mind and my body. I'm ready, so ****ing ready. So here I go again on my own.... well now I got you.

That’s nice Kasper, I am glad that my words struck a chord.

I guess that is up to you now. It sounds like you are in a positive frame of mind, so that is a great foundation.

Wishing you the best of luck

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising