+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting Marijuana and Tobacco at the same time (including poppers)

Default Day 3

So back on the grind and kicked the shit out of my third day... I am kinda of cheating because I'm also on my third and final day water fast. I find that fasting is an amazing tool to reverse some of the damage that I have been doing to myself, and to accelerate the withdraws. I really am not a big fan of insomnia and night sweats and fasting always does the trick. I also plan to fill my days with productivity and healthy choices. I seem to be an all or nothing guy, so health train here I come!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Good luck with it Kasper,

I am so glad that water fasting is working for you and reducing your withdrawal symptoms.

Have you ever tried green smoothies? They are so incredibly nutritious. When I was giving up both cigarettes and weed I found that the days that I drank a big jug filled with green smoothie juice I had so many less cravings.

Hope it continues well

Default Day 4

No I've never really been into smoothies or juices but want to start getting into them...what your favorite recipe/s? lol.

In terms of update, I decided to extend my water fast one more day and I break it tomorrow... super excited! It's really awesome that all I'm thinking about is food... I could care less about ciggs and weed right now. It definitely got me over the first hump and I rejuvenated my system... I'm ready!. So moving forward I will be implementing the smoothie hack, as well as keeping up with meditation, mindfulness and exercise. I want to pay close attention to how I communicate with people. I tend to be a bit of a know it all ***** when I'm on the health train so I will be paying close attention to that.

Finally, one of the major reasons I wanted to quit substances was to be more productive, make better choices and to create a life that I can be proud of. I do know that having a clear and un-addicted mind will help but I will be focusing on putting in the work now, and not vegging out. Stay tuned.

Hi Kasper,

Here is a link to a winter green smoothie: http://www.vitalsustenance.com/2013/...reen-smoothie/ You can change the fruits as they come into season, but the basic recipe is the same. Delicious :-)

So glad to hear that your water fasting is going well.

It is always good to think about what is important to you, what your values are, and the kind of person you want to be. Then I guess it is just a case of doing one thing today that will get you closer towards that person and those values.

It is understandable if you feel a bit lazy and meh at the moment though Withdrawal can be a bit of an arse!!

Hang in there, and do your best, as I know you will

Alice

Hi, great reading your story. I stopped for ten days and felt good. Then I thought one smoke would be ok. I relapsed for 3 days. Now two days clean. I don’t know if it’s just me but I feel a little depression coming on. Hope it clears. Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Default Switching gears

Hi guys,

Thanks for the link Alice I can't wait to try it! and thanks for dropping in Mike, i totally hear you about the mood alterations, weed has a way of messing with our thinking process, and if we let it... we can be thinking our way through multiple rabbit holes just to forget most of our thoughts in the end.

Bit of a confession, I broke my water fast and I am intending to switch into high gear on my progress in life, I'm utilizing my time as efficiently as humanly possible, I'll be implementing a morning ritual that includes strength, stretch and meditation exercises. I also broke the fast with a little purple frost and a 20 min meditation session identifying exactly how it makes me feel (in solitude).

It was interesting, I've never meditated stoned before, and funny... this is the first time I'm posting stoned. However, I am very clear on my intention and my ability to move forward. The reason I, and most people keep going back- is to relieve and to distract themselves from the current moment. So what were my observations in this enhanced meditation? ...

I found that I was comftorable but uneasy at the same time, I was enthusiastic but a bit anxious too. It was literally relaxing and stressful at the same time. I felt really good during my meditation, it was easy to return to my breath and let go my thoughts, but also enjoyable to think about thoughts. Weed therefore seems to give me Yin and Yang. That wasn't always the case and isn't always the case, but this time it was just me and Mrs. Purple Frost, and Yin was just as present if not more present than the Yang (Yin being the negative). I also experienced an uneasy feeling in my chest, a kind of subtle tightness, mind you if I was smoking poppers, getting drunk or smoking more I would be way too mindless to ever notice any of this stuff.

So the answer is the same, however a little more clear...the weeds not my problem, its my symptom that exacerbates my problem. I am completely responsible for my life, for its outcomes and how I feel getting there. The fact that I have been in the past consistently consuming smoke that has been slowing me down is a mistake I'm sick of making.

I wan't to find my pack, I want to raise my son, I want to find my queen and I want to build my kingdom... there is no room for any self inflicted feelings of unease, uncertainty and hindrances to my growth. No more of these parties either, no time for that shit, I gots me a kingdom to build... I better get cracking.

Goodnight.

Default Day 1 again

Today went amazing! I got a ton of stuff done, I feel clear in what I'm doing and where I'm going. Sat around a table this evening after all my errands with 2 of my buds that were drinking and vaping some of the purple frost I gifted them, and then we went for sushi. As they smoked I craved it a bit, but I'm on a mission now and would like to see some progress before i take steps back, because I know its taking steps back. Also did not need to feel any of that Jin, because it wasn't there. I'm optimistic about my progress and can easily say that once you get the inside right the outside needs to get in line.

Goodnight people.

This is quite an inspirational thread. I'm currently trying to get off weed, but I'm lowering dosage first, for the sake of having lesser withdrawal symptoms, but as I smoke weed and tobacco at the same time, I'm planning on doing the same as you, quitting both.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Your enthusiasm is very encouraging, but I'm scared of relapsing because I relapsed a couple times in past.

Please keep on track and keep us updated, I'm sure to join you in a week or two (I have terrible work deadlines and I find that quitting and trying to maintain my work progress is pretty much impossible).

Hi Kasper,

How is it going? I am guessing that you have become embroiled in the purple haze once more, with your friends. It is just a suggestion, but maybe for now, you should just make a decision to smoke, for now?

I remember when I was constantly in the future, making these big resolutions about how I wanted my life to be, and where I wanted to be. It was just hype basically. Now, I just take small steps, but I make these steps consistently, and life gets better.

I am not sure what the answer to your predicament is. You seem to be living within a culture of cannabis, and so triggers are absolutely everywhere. I can imagine that is beyond challenging.

I think it is about one step forward, rather than making large, vast, sweeping goals. Just my two cents.

Cheers,
    Alice

Hi Alice,

How are you? I've been holding off replying to you, I'm sure you can understand why. Your correct in the fact that I want a radical change in my life. I do have the tendency to blow my ambitions up a tad. However in this case I know what I have to do, I know that only I'm in my way, I also know that its not going to be easy, but I know that this change is what I need to happen, its my next step.

My relaps just proved again, that if I want to obtain any clarity in life I need to remove the smoke. I have been holding on to weed as an escape, something just for me, but its been an illusion and I know I must give it up and I know that the grass is greener on the other side, (pun not intended). My restart begins again.

ps. sorry Alice, thanks for the advice, but I think I should stop now. Your not getting rid of me yet.

Kasper.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising