+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quitting Marijuana and Tobacco at the same time (including poppers)

Default Quitting Marijuana and Tobacco at the same time (including poppers)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but definitely not new to quitting my addictions. I have attempted quitting weed/tobacco and other escape addictions in the past but it did not stick. Why? That's why.... my WHY I'm quitting was never strong enough or clear enough to make the uncomfortable feelings worth it. Well my life has been unproductive to say the least, nothing like finding yourself at a moment where you realize you have no idea WTF you've been doing the past 10 years.

Like I said before, I'm not new to quitting so I've become familiar with the reasons/patterns that led me back to a full blown relapse. I'm not good at moderation... I have a hard time just smoking a joint and enjoying its effects... I turn into a consumer, wanting tobacco, or a popper..... watch shows... dishes and homework can wait. Hmmm lets eat a bunch of shitty food and avoid going out... because I much rather just watch shows and smoke poppers. Not a way to be folks. My life has suffered, my progress has suffered, and most importantly my relationships have been hugely affected.

So I'm on day 5 again of no smoke... I've been experiencing the common withdrawals.. sweating at night... sweaty palms, anxiety, a cup of coffee makes me feel like i drank 10! My energy, libido and social life has also taking a hit. But I am feeling a little bit of momentum now and I know what I really need is some accountability to keep me steady and some stories and support from you guys. I also have lots of experience that I think I might be able to help people starting out.

So this is my invitation to monitor my progress and its associated symptoms, challenges and thoughts. It's hard quitting all your addictions, but since my addiction is addictions themselves (i.e stacking marijuana and tobacco with procrastination) this forum will speak best to the people implementing an intensive change. People that want more from their lives and are sick of settling for unconscious living. Time for a radical change and I'm not stopping this time. Please feel free to comment and add to this post and please please please let us know how all this is affecting your mental, physical and emotional states. Cheers.
    Last edited by Kasper; 12-05-2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: adding keyword

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi there Kasper,

Firstly, excuse my ignorance, but what is a popper?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I think you are on the right track holding yourself accountable, and reinforcing a positive mindset with regard to your quit. The forum is great for that.

I hope that you will stick around and support some of the people coming through. Newbies and those who have tried on numerous occasions to quit would benefit from your experience, particularly with what worked for you.

Good luck with your quit and let us know how you are going! You are doing a great thing

Cheers,
    Alice

Hi Alice!

So a popper, is the most addictive way to smoke marijuana and its smoked using a bong type device called a popper. Tobacco is added to a shaft/chamber and weed is placed on top. When you ignite the bowl most of the tobacco will burn but some of it will forced through the shaft causing a popping sound. This gives you quite the rush, and satisfaction from the tobacco and weed combo due to it being very concentrated. Worst way ever to smoke and twice as hard to quit.... some people call it the poor mans crack.

But day 06 and starting to feel a little better, I'll give more info on my physical and mental condition tomorrow. Cheers.

Oh right! Interesting. Sounds lethal!

I couldn't ever smoke bongs - it was too much!! I would smoke a tiny bit in a joint, first with tobacco, later with herbal tobacco and eventually green in a little pipe. Poppers sound full on.

I don't think that I would have been able to quit cigarettes and cannabis at the same time. But I like to do things in steps. It worked for me. Not for everyone, though.

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Do keep us posted on your progress. I think it will help you!

Cheers,
    Alice

Default Day 8

Alright!!!!! day 8 now...and going strong, here's my update!

An international class mate noticed today at school I was a little shaky and asked why, I told her I was getting off of marijuana and tobacco... she responded that internal peace is important. I liked that response!

So to summarize my day was epic! even though I had some heavy symptoms, I'm not entirely sure if its weed or tobacco related or just exasperated by my own head, but I do know its uncomfortable and sketchy. I feel better right now but when dealing with more social and professional situations I found myself feeling like I did a few days ago when I mentioned I drank a coffee and it made me feel like I had ten.... Well I had no coffee today but still felt like that earlier in the day. I had embarrassingly sweaty hands in addition to them shaking. I was nervous when communicating with certain important people and shook hands with a previous minister and had to apologize for the clam hands... it sucked. I also have had some weird bumps/zits on the back of my head which I'll be watching to see if that has anything to do with anything.

Now the good... I was able to witness some of my friends smoking the best sativa's I've ever seen... I said no! I should also mention that I have a big bag of weed with me that I'm trying to sell off. So this proves that if a persons why/ conviction is strong enough than its doable. You have to really not want it because of certain effects... if you do want it and your why is not convincing you of your ultimate reason from abstaining... then you'll always go back. Why do you want to stop? Do you really want to stop? This forums excellent for support, feedback and information. But it will not create your individual why! Right it down, right all the reasons down, if there important enough to you than you'll put in the work and focus on the things that matter.

I made fantastic progress at school in dealing with an uncomfortable situation that I don't think I would handle appropriately being under the temperamental influence of weed. I also got my son on a snowboard for the first time.... I was out of myself with joy watching him fall and laugh about it (he's 4).

I've been getting these little spurts of optimism and energy. I'm becoming more comftorable in my body and I know I'm doing myself a huge service. I joined up a couple web seminar's for one for fitness a Facebook group that connects you with a trainer and some people wanting to improve their lives and another one with Chris Bale, awakened intent, that focuses more on spirituality and awareness and being in your body and not your head. So that being said I'll be stepping up my game! Day 8 and life is good and only getting from here.

CHeers party people.

Hi Kasper,

As hard as it must be to quit tobacco and cannabis at the same time, it sounds like you are really starting to feel some benefits from this. From my experience, these benefits will continue. I have been pleasantly surprised by the perks of being cannabis free right up to nearly two years quit.

It also sounds as though you are getting some challenging withdrawal effects, but I feel that with your attitude they are nothing that you can't handle.

Imagine being free of this crap!? It is completely doable

Cheers,
    Alice

Default Day 10

Had a stressful situation that tempted me... doesn't help to have access to a big bag, but it will test your resolve that's for sure. Still going strong, just needed to do some activities that gave me joy instead of looking for an escape out of my uncomfortably.

Now some would say I'm crazy for having access, but in reality only you can keep yourself accountable, and situations will arise that will test your resolve, so it may be wise to be constantly tested. Its working for me. I've also knew a few people that kept a pack of smokes in their house when they quit, therefore when an opportunity does come up (a friend with a joint a pack a cigs) , it won't surprise or tempt you because you have had that temptation all along and have successfully lived with it, so therefore no surprise.

I wanted to give the forum a little out of the box advice when dealing with urges... Food is similar to weed and tobacco in terms of its effect on your dopamine receptors. Meaning when you eat/indulge it gives your brain satisfaction, but leaves it wanting more if eating in way to satisfy the brain and not nutritional requirments. I have been practicing fasting, and intermittent fasting not only for health and detoxification, but also for mental awareness. I advise anybody looking to better their health and behaviors to look into it. There is wealth of information out there even though the status quo is still very unaware of the benefits, process and effects on our behaviors. I can easily state that this quit process would be a million times harder if I did not practice intermittent fasting, it has changed my life the better, so I thought I might share that to anybody that cares.

Now for my update....sleeping good, still a little a sweaty, my masculine morning energy is beginning to return, and I just feel better in the mornings, fresher... clearer. Hands still shaky and sweaty and a little anxious still but in reality it doesn't necessarily bother me because I know its temporary. But a reduction in those weird painful bumps at the back of my head. (again not sure if its related but interesting just the same).

Due to the fact of this not being my first quit, I know for a fact that the tobacco integration makes a huge difference on the amount of withdraw experienced... before I smoked dohka with weed (an Arabic tobacco smoked in a little medwaka pipe) (tobacco on steroids, or the crack of tobacco 100% organic ) .. look it up but don't smoke it unless you enjoy addictions), but back to my story... when I quit that along with weed I had insomnia for almost a week before my sleep patterns begun to regulate, and my digestion was screwed! So for anybody trying to quit both at the same time, all I can say is complete abstinence will be tough but obviously necessary and to ride the shakes.

If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask them. Till next time.

Thank you Kasper. Your posts are articulate. I'm on day 4 now off weed.

Tobacco is next for me. They are linked addictions for me.

Stay strong, sounds like you got this for today.

Default Day 12

Hey Zee,

Thanks for your input. I know I'm not the only one that is addicted to addictions and want to be free from them period and tobacco is a heaviest of hitters for me. For sure they're linked, and they both go so well in social gatherings where alcohol is involved!

As I mentioned in my previous posts,... I've been experiencing a lot of unease. I have a very negative situation that I am dealing with at school and the fact that I'm also perusing this journey has made my capacity at dealing with the situations in a calm and relaxed manner compromised. I had a big presentation to-boot ... I got through it but man... was I anxious and shaky!

So after the day of hell, I got together with a couple girl friends of mine and bought some wine and decided to go relax in a hot tub.... It was real good until I began to relax and they began to smoke, I even rolled joints for them. I was coughing from the second hand smoke... so I'm not sure what that was about, but I will limit my exposure in the future. But back to my story.... I was so freaking comftorable from the wine and the hot tub and the sexy company, that my brain wanted to participate in the smoking activities as a drunk mind commonly does. I started justifying having some fun, being in the moment, connecting with my friends and not resisting. Telling myself that I should be able to have fun and do things in moderation. I almost caved, in reality I did, I was ready to smoke and even asked for it, but my friends said no! Lol I even had a single drag of a smoke, which was stolen! I was in party mode and I didn't care about my path about my commitment and that was weak on my part, but thanks to the beautiful distractions I stayed on my path. I did not smoke, and when I woke up hung over, and uncomfortably I was super happy I didn't.

Moral of the story? Be careful and mindful in social activities where alcohol is involved and around people that behave in the very way your trying to not behave like. It sucks not participating and joining in activities that everyone around you is doing. Again the why your doing this and remembering that a stable comfort is much better than an unsustainable one that actually make you more miserable in the long run. Some people can drink socially and be fine, some people cant, because it leads to more and more drinking... same goes with smoking if not even more so! So it's super important to be around people you want to behave like. Sure your friends are your friends but they influence your behaviors especially with booze involved... Every Time I relapsed in my life with both tobacco and marijuana its been with friends and booze, and worst of all it was super enjoyable at that particular time, which led to the same crippling addiction that was no longer enjoyable.

So during the New Years festivities, keep this in mind... the mind will probably tell you to start fresh again in the new year and just to let loose on the eve, I know my mind will. I hope you all make it through, but if you don't, its not the end of the world, success is built on failure as long as you relate to it as a stepping stone and not crushing stone.

Hi Kasper,

Sounds like a very precarious situation you got into with those friends of yours. As much as I agree with your idea that sometimes it is good to face these temptations head on from the beginning, I think that might have been a very dangerous situation in terms of your sobriety.

When I quit cigarettes, I drank alcohol almost straight away, in small amounts, because on a previous occasion, I abstained, and then had a blow out around Christmas and spiralled into an awful psychological state (and went back to smoking eventually). This last time that I quit cigarettes (my forever quit), I sipped on wine straight away and as you suggested, it meant that the neural connection between alcohol and cigarettes was broken much earlier. It wasn't a problem going forward.

When I quit cannabis, I had some left over. It was a HUGELY problematic at around that 3 month period when I was climbing the walls and the temptation was so great. I was SO incredibly close. I was sitting on my bed with my pipe in my hands and filled with green, and luckily I had the presence of mind to think: 'if in doubt, don't'. So I didn't, and soon after, those urges left me. I still have that weed in my bedside drawer, I think, but I never think about it, and I guess I should throw it out. So, I do think that you have a point about facing temptations.

Despite this, I feel as though the situation in the spa, was one where you were adding risk factor upon risk factor. You were drinking, your friends were smoking, you were getting loose. I know you are a strong person, but don't be too cavalier, because it only takes one thought to take hold about the fact that it would be nice, and you will be back to square one.

I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year and start to enjoy some of the benefits of being weed free. As for me, I am so incredibly grateful that I don't have to deal with any kind of physical addiction this holidays. It is so nice to be free, I can't even begin to tell you. It is freedom, pure and simple.

Take care,
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising