+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zee Quit Journal

Default Zee Quit Journal

Hello
    My name is Zee and I am a middle aged pot addict. I quit two days ago. I have had a lifelong battle maintaining sobriety from weed.

I have gone through many withdrawals in the past 20 years. This last period using was about 3 months.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Detoxing again is not fun. However the only way out is through this.

This is a great site. Thank you for all that you do.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Zee,

I'm a 55 years old pot addict that quit over 400 days ago, and I was a chronic user for most of life. It was one of the most important decisions I ever did. Now, I'm high on life. I, too, relasped 3 or 4 times before this stretch and I think this time I'm made it to finish line. So, take it one day at a time; your body will be going through changes -- it might be very uncomfortable -- but it will be tempoarary and you will gradually come back. You'll be in tuned with world again, in tuned of your mission here on Earth, you'll be tuned with your family and real friends. I can go on and on. I'm here to answer any questions and be your partner during your quest, PM me if you need too.

Hi Zee,

Congratulations on your quit. I know how hard it can be to start again after relapsing. I found cigarettes the hardest to quit, but when I got the right support and developed the right mindset, I found an unbeatable position and it eventually stuck. I know the same thing can happen for you too.

From the sounds of things, you are on a kind of merry go round with cannabis and you keep going back to it. I feel that in this situation, it is often a case of a psychological mindset, where you have not fully made a decision to live cannabis free. Could you possibly consider getting some therapy, or counselling to help you with exploring your values, so that you can develop your mindset?

I found that journalling, or writing on this board, or other places, helped to reinforce the decision that I made to quit. It took a bit of time, but now I have absolutely no intention of going back to it.

Good luck and let us know how you are going. I know that you can do this. What worked last time? Every quit is a chance to learn more about yourself.

Cheers,
    Alice

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Last time I got a peer recovery coach, and I went to 12 step meetings twice a week.

Today I did call my peer recovery coach to get back on track with her. I am grateful she is taking me back.

I have to also quit tobacco again.

Thanks for your support.

A peer recovery coach sounds amazing. It is so great to have this opportunity!

With regard to the tobacco addiction, you can always quit after you quit cannabis. You might find this resource helpful: http://forums.delphiforums.com/quit_smoking
    It helped me so much. I would not have been able to quit without it.

I quit tobacco first, and then cannabis, but if cannabis is having a negative impact on your life, it is probably good to quit that first.

Good luck and let us know how you are going!

Cheers,
    Alice

Good Day All,
    I am pleased I am now on day 4. The end of day 3 was very bad, with heavy anxiety, nausea and no appetite, no energy and a beady brain. I am ill in detox.

It was getting pretty bad then finally I talked to a friend who suggested I get medical help. I really don't want to go that avenue yet, and I remembered my MD had prescribed me a few 0.25 generic Xanax so I took one which greatly helped.

I then played some self-hypnosis YouTubes for hours and got some rest last night. I woke up feeling much better which lasted for a few hours, and no I am back to feeling the withdrawal more heavily.

I am going to have to go back to the 12-step program because that is the only affordable place for recovery and maintenance of recovery, so I called in on the phone line. There was a great speaker and we did a meditation on the phone with breathing which was helpful. A lot of times I forget to breathe.

I hope yesterday was the crescendo of my withdrawal where my mind went really squirrely with anxiety. The anxiety is something I'm going to have to learn to live with in a healthier way.

My peer coach is pretty good. I checked in with her so I am very blessed. I will check in with her every day from now on. She wanted me to start up a treatment plan but I know I just want to take this week to stabilize from the withdrawal and to try to catch up on things I have not attended to.

I took some vitamins today, and a green drink.

I could have been taking ginger for my digestive issues... this always works for me.

I don't ever want to put myself in this position again. This has to be the last withdrawal in my life because I am not sure I can do this again on my own.

Day 4 went well and I went to acupuncture.

Last night I started watching Turn: Washington Spies, a TV series on Netflix and I could not stop watching it. I didn't go to sleep til 3.

I then planned to go to a 12-step meeting which I then blew off.

I don't feel at risk for relapse and cigarettes are now disgusting tasting.

However this TV watching is not the best thing I could be doing for my life, and I am observing how I am escaping being responsible.

I am over the major withdrawals now on day 5.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising