+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop smoking for ten days and relapsed

Default Stop smoking for ten days and relapsed

I stopped smoking pot for ten days while on holiday. When I came home half of me wanted to know what it felt like. I noticed how clear I was thinking and how difficult tasks became easier. I even made some new friends while away. I smoked two days and hated waking up with a hangover. I never thought I got hangovers before. I guess what I want to ask others is when the thought comes to smoke how do you not act upon it. The whole ten days I didn’t crave pot. I think home is a reminder of smoking. Any thoughts are welcome. We are all trying to stop smoking or stopped and understand how it feels.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi there Michael,

I gave up cannabis about two years ago and cigarettes three years ago. Right now, I am attempting to extricate myself from a toxic acquaintance. The best advice I have heard and found to help myself is something called urge surfing. You can read about it in The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris.

To be honest, when I was doing it the most effective method for me was distraction. If you can change your focus and do something else, then I find that the urge to smoke falls away pretty quickly.

I also found with both cigarettes and cannabis that being part of a quitting community can help, as posting when craving or giving support can keep you in a positive mindset and sometimes this is the link that can be missing.

I also found that good nutrition, particularly water, greens and fruit - ie. green smoothies reduced cravings. Vitamin D, magnesium and B6 can be helpful.

How long did you smoke for? What are the triggers for your urges?

Good luck and let us know how you are going.

Cheers,
    Alice

Hi Mike,

Another thing that I found that helps me get through the first few days which I have a bit of experience with now is water fasting. Lot's of info online of the overall benefits to human health, and how its very helpful for detoxification. I however found it particularly useful for eliminating urges to smoke(weed and tobacco). So not only am I pressing the reset and refresh button on my overall mental and physical self but I'm also eliminating my urges to smoke. Give it a shot it will change your life.

I smoked for 20 years.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising