+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Really need some reassurance

Pumpkin Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Marijuana Withdrawal

Quit smoking marijuana for 2 weeks because I has to go cold turkey due to funds. 3-4 days after quitting I noticed blood pressure was spiked (153/90). After 2 weeks blood pressure returned to normal 109/68. Fast forward last week I caved and smoked loud from Thurs-Sun. Blood pressure went back up 144/83 and it fluctuates. If I am just chilling its ok 127/76 but once I start moving of any kind it spikes and stay elevated for awhile. Hoping and praying its anxiety I have no intention of being on blood pressure medication. I weaned myself off of them within a week or so.
    My symptoms
    Tighness of chest left and right side
    hypertension
    Shortness of breath
    Anxiety
    Headache
    Sharp pain behind rib cage
    Middle upper back pain with or without deep breath
    Irritation
    Mood swings
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you in advance

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Pumpkin,

Sorry to read about your symptoms. I am by no means an expert or a medical professional, but they seem to me like they are mj withdrawal related. I have experienced a few of them and have read about the others on here.

I am just over 100 days quit and it has been a struggle. And a roller coaster. Just as one symptom seems to be getting better, another pops up. BUT, I will say that I feel MUCH better than I did in the beginning. Or even a month ago. It progressively gets better.

Excercise has helped me a lot. I've paid close attention to nutrition as well.

Are you looking to quit for good? It's definitely over for me. After 20 or so years, it was just not my friend anymore. And I loved being high, but the negatives had begun to outweigh the positives for me.

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.
    John

Hey Mke1,

Are you still around? I just reread your posts. How's it been going for you?
    John

Hey Pumpkin,
    I would really encourage you to talk to your doctor about your blood pressure as this really needs to be monitored. Are you able to be open with your doctor?

It sounds like you are really getting a bang for your buck in terms of withdrawal symptoms. The good news is that they are temporary and will resolve in time.

You are doing a great thing! Freedom is intoxicating.
    Alice

Quote Originally Posted by JWC View Post
    Hey Mke1,

Are you still around? I just reread your posts. How's it been going for you?
    John
    Hi JWC

I hope you are well and are now back on track!

I didn't post any more on my situation due to me not seeing any more replies so I just thought I'd leave it lol had the thought to come back on and check today and here I am!

I am totally back to normal now and have been for some time, Until about 10 minutes ago when the thought randomly popped into my head I'd totally forgot about the withdrawal!! how mad is that!? I just checked my diary and I had a noticeable improvement around day 60ish and was MUCH better by day 70. By day 80 I'd forgot to keep putting in the entries I think it's important to state this even at this stage as I had a particularly hard time (on some days I genuinely thought I'd needed to be sectioned!) and couldn't even work, go out (apart from walking) or do anything productive for around 7 weeks! But it does goes to show once again for anyone reading, that it does get better. Albeit at different time scales for each individual case.

When I when I was passing the 6th week mark and the withdrawals were still horrific it was extremely unsettling and concerning! Definitely had a feeling of 'I feel like it will be like this forever'.

Since recovering I've had 0 issues with PAWS (so far) which is of course great, but It doesn't really worry me any more to be honest either way.

Good luck to anyone going through this themselves, I hope maybe you can get something from my post's like I got from others, this place is amazing for support

Thanks to everyone here again!!
    Last edited by mke1; 05-21-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Glad you are doing well, mke1!

I'm doing much better, thanks!

Onward!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mke1 View Post
    Hi JWC

I hope you are well and are now back on track!

I am totally back to normal now and have been for some time, I just checked my diary and I had a noticeable improvement around day 60ish and was MUCH better by day 70. By day 80 I'd forgot to keep putting in the entries I think it's important to state this even at this stage as I had a particularly hard time (on some days I genuinely thought I'd needed to be sectioned!) and couldn't even work, go out (apart from walking) or do anything productive for around 7 weeks! But it does goes to show once again for anyone reading, that it does get better. Albeit at different time scales for each individual case.

When I when I was passing the 6th week mark and the withdrawals were still horrific it was extremely unsettling and concerning! Definitely had a feeling of 'I feel like it will be like this forever'.

Since recovering I've had 0 issues with PAWS (so far) which is of course great, but It doesn't really worry me any more to be honest either way.

Good luck to anyone going through this themselves, I hope maybe you can get something from my post's like I got from others, this place is amazing for support

Thanks to everyone here again!!
    And thank you! It's great to see a post like this and I am really happy for you! I wish others would return, like you did mke1, and post their successful exits from the world of cannabis withdrawal. I'm looking forward to the day when I came make a similar post. It's day 132 of withdrawal for me and although improvement has occurred, one or two ugly days/nights in a row still randomly pop up but that's a lot better than a few months ago.

For those suffering a lot, mke1 said about the worst times in his withdrawal, "I feel like it will be like this forever", and now he/she is out of the woods! It really does improve so take hope.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzer29 View Post
    And thank you! It's great to see a post like this and I am really happy for you! I wish others would return, like you did mke1, and post their successful exits from the world of cannabis withdrawal. I'm looking forward to the day when I came make a similar post. It's day 132 of withdrawal for me and although improvement has occurred, one or two ugly days/nights in a row still randomly pop up but that's a lot better than a few months ago.

For those suffering a lot, mke1 said about the worst times in his withdrawal, "I feel like it will be like this forever", and now he/she is out of the woods! It really does improve so take hope.
    Yeah it's so true it really does get better I really hope you are feeling better now yourself since your reply! When I was reading through the different forums posts during withdrawal I was only finding people posting their symptoms but not half as many then posting how they we're doing afterwards! It can be quite unnerving/frustrating because you wonder what's happened, but really it's just typical of human nature lol! Obviously when people start to feel better they have far less motivation to come and post which is understandable. But we do also need the other side of the fence too (not all doom and gloom) so I knew I at least had to come back and post afterwards to show my respect to the forums and how much help it was to me! and obviously it will be stored here for years to come now so it will be a little bit of help for people now and in the future along with all the other amazing posts on this forum.

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mke1 View Post
    Yeah it's so true it really does get better I really hope you are feeling better now yourself since your reply! When I was reading through the different forums posts during withdrawal I was only finding people posting their symptoms but not half as many then posting how they we're doing afterwards! It can be quite unnerving/frustrating because you wonder what's happened, but really it's just typical of human nature lol! Obviously when people start to feel better they have far less motivation to come and post which is understandable. But we do also need the other side of the fence too (not all doom and gloom) so I knew I at least had to come back and post afterwards to show my respect to the forums and how much help it was to me! and obviously it will be stored here for years to come now so it will be a little bit of help for people now and in the future along with all the other amazing posts on this forum.

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated.
    Hey friend, how nice to reach out like that! Yes, I am feeling much better since my last reply. I would say I am pretty much in the clear now so let my success be "stored here for years to come" right under your positive message. Like you, this forum was/is a great help to me.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising