+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joint pains after quitting Marijuana

Default Joint pains after quitting Marijuana

Hello,

I stopped smoking tobacco 2 month ago. I stopped smoking weed a month ago. I had all common withdrawal effects like sweating, nightmares , lack of sleep... Everything what was expected.
    On the other hand, a week ago I started feeling pain in my elbows. Now, the pain in my knees and elbows is unbearable. Also, I have pain in the rest of the joints as well. I barely can do any physical activity, go to work. Prior to that I was very physically active person, had no joint problems.

Is there anyone who experience joint pains after giving up Marijuana ? Or is it not related to it ? Cuz there is not much info about it online.

Thank you very much.

Hi there dw,

I would really encourage you to go to your doctor. It seems like an unusual symptom and I think it would be a good idea to get to the bottom of what might be causing it.

If anyone else has experience with this, please chime in.

Cheers,
    alice

As Alice said, visit a doctor. This is unusual.

Maybe it was you limiting on physical activities since quitting, if that's what youre saying?
    I've had experience where my carpal tunnel syndrome returned heavily recently and I noticed a lot more back pain. My doctor suggested that marihuana has 'numbed' the pain before and that's why I didn't notice it as much, but it still was there before and it's relateble to my lifestyle (working at a computer).

I had very sore shoulders for the first few weeks. The pain went across the back of my neck. But it went away. I did read somewhere of at least one other person experiencing this. But geez, if it doesn't go away, by all means visit your doctor. Let us know how it is going for you.
    John

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Me too!

I’m having the same problem. I’m afraid that it might be an underlying problem that I had been inadvertently treating with marijuana. Remember, marijuana is an anti-inflammatory drug. I quite gluten which helped A LOT, then started taking vitamins and glucosamine, but alas, I must go see a doctor and you should too.

Cannabis definitely has medicinal aspects to it. But it has other aspects as well that can be tough. My shouldner/neck pain only lasted a week or so. My physiological symptoms are gone and have been for a while now. Just the lingering psychological stuff now.

I had quit gluten for about 6 weeks. I have some gluten now but not as much as before. I also took glucosamine for about 3 months.

Good luck with your jouney!
    John

Brittney Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Sore joints after quiting

This happens to me every single time I quit weed. It always goes away after a while.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Dmarie

I’ve had the opposite, fewer tension headaches, less neck pain. Smoked every day all day for 12 years and was afraid to quit but wish I had sooner. Feeling great aside from the creepy dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’ve had the opposite, fewer tension headaches, less neck pain. Smoked every day all day for 12 years and was afraid to quit but wish I had sooner. Feeling great aside from the creepy dreams
    Yes, I used to be sort of tension headache-y when I was smoking cannabis, especially in the later years. And felt crappy overall. All that is gone now :-)

Massage Therapist Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Significant Increase of Pain

I also experienced a significant increase in pain from when I had began using CBD Oils internally, as a massage therapist I did not slowdown my activity levels, but increased them instead, but after quitting I was in so much more pain than when I began using the Texas legal CBD Oils.
    At the time I quit, I could find several articles stating it caused Headaches and Stiffness. Which, has since been removed, from what I have found or not found, in this case. But, for me this is the case and also in the case of two clients I had who I attempted to help for close to a year. They had more scarred tissue and tightness than I had seen or “felt” in my practice EVER, being in Texas I do not have many clients who use dope regularly, but they were passing through at the times they came.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising