+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quitting after thirty years

Default Quitting after thirty years

So first of all my tolerance reached ridiculous levels so I vaporized huge amounts of marijuana. I ended up getting very severe bronchitis so I decided to switch to edibles. Now I have an extra ten pounds added to my frame. So smoking it makes very sick and eating it makes me fat. I have to quit after thirty years of use. Today is my second day without any thc. I think I'm going to make it this time, because it isn't working for me anymore.
    Last night I sweat so bad in bed I had to change the sheets in the middle of the night. I have had mild stomach upset and headache. I did taper off instead of cold turkey and it has made withdrawals easier. I have also lost five pounds already. I will not let this drug ruin my health I need to stay strong. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hey Smokingforever,

If you are really committed to your quit and have determined non negotiable reasons for your quit, you are streets ahead of people who are wanting to quit, but are torn between the pull of the addiction and the quit.

It sounds like you are very clear in your mind that cannabis doesn't work in your life, so all you need to do now is to keep going and get to the other side. It is a bit like that. I found that tapering helped reduce withdrawals too, and all that you really need is time and patience (and maybe a great source of distraction, like this forum). Like cigarettes, the 4 D's can really help - Delay, Distract, Drink a glass of water, Deep breath when a craving hits.

It does get easier with time, and then when you are at the other end (I found this was about three months - although it got a lot better before that time), you will find that cannabis doesn't have the same pull on you, and you are no longer thinking about it at all. It is amazing!

Good luck and let us know how you are going!
    Alice

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Sauna and steam usually helps with sweaty patches plus helps u detox a lot quucker

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising