+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help me

Default Please help me

Hello.. i have 26 years old and I was a regular smoker of marijuana in enought dosis just to get a nicr sleep, I did it for almost a year.. in november 23th my mom died and I started to smoke a lot maybe 4 times a day... january 25th I decided to stop. Everything was so cool until February 10th that night I couldnt sleep so I took 1 phill of zopiclona (to sleep) then I started to feel nervious like I was gonna to turn off in any moment, but not a normal turn off it felt like I could die If i closed my eyes, I tried so hard to stay awake and then the worst came, I started to shake, all my body shaking and sweating and in the country I live (chile) its summer... I tried to put more clothes on me but I was so scared cuz I saw the temperature in my cellphone it was 26 degrees and I was full of clothes and shaking, sweating and feeling cold... me presure went up and all of the feelings lasted 3 hours... finnally I could sleep and when I woke up had the same feelings again... i went to the hospital and it was the first time I heard "marihuana withdrawal" next 3 days where the same, same feelings same last same intensity... after those I started to feel better but everymorning I woke up so nervious, and so afraid I dont know what of, I had to wait even 2 hours before getting out of bed... after that I started to feel better, some random days at random moment I started to shake again, sweating feeling nervious and cold but not so often... medics said it could be panic attacks... now Im in the day 30th of no smooking and randomly during the day I feel sor nervious, I dont know how to explain it, i feel nervioussness a bit of cold... my hands feel like dizzy sometimes like with no strenght and my head feels like I had high presure, or like i could feel my blood going throw is a very weird feeling in my head that scares me so much i dont know what to do im going crazy just want to feel better again and have a normal life can someone please reply to my exoerience? I want to end university i so afraid of dieing everyday

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Plz help

Tonight was awful there is more than 30 days that I dont smoke marijuana. Today I felt dizzy head all day, nausea. At the night like about 9:00 pm I started with shakes again, cold and sweats... this is so horrible... it lasted maybe 2 hours and now is 02:10 am and I have head ache and nausea... I was trying to sleep but im still scared wanted to post my experience of today in the forum please help I had blood preassure 160/110 and 100-110 heart rate

Hi there Chispita,

I am sorry that you are feeling so crappy. I think that you are probably suffering from a panic or anxiety attack. It is amazing what kind of symptoms can arise from a panic attack, people feel their heart racing and like they can't breathe, and they often think that they are dying, but it is just anxiety. Anxiety can create lots of weird and wonderful symptoms, and I feel like this might be happening to you.

The way to treat this kind of thing from happening is to tell your brain that you are okay and do breathing exercises. You have to actually think to yourself and tell yourself that this is just anxiety and that you will be fine, because getting progressively more scared and worked up about the sensations that you are feeling in your body, is just going to make you feel so much worse.

I am serious, stressing about this is just making you feel worse.

As for the breathing exercises, this is very important, because panic attacks are actually caused by overbreathing. You are getting too much oxygen and not enough carbon dioxide because you are breathing fast and shallow and this is causing the dizzy feelings and probably the tingly hands.

The way to treat this is to breathe very slowly and deeply in, hold your breath in for four counts and then release your breath slowly out, counting to four. Do that thirty times twice a day and you should start to feel a lot better very soon.

If symptoms persist, please go and see your doctor, as we are not doctors and can not provide professional medical advice.

Everything is going to be okay. It is likely to be just cannabis withdrawals and even if it feels bad now, it will pass in time.

Cheers,
    Alice

Hey Chispita!

Sounds like panic attacks to me! Yeah, all of what Alice said. I also suffered from panic attacks, in contrast it was when smoking weed. I'm a big hypochondriac, so I know how hard it may be not to overfocus and overthink such situations.

If anything helps me (a lot) getting over withdrawal syndromes and stressful situations, it's yoga. Yoga is practically replacing weed in terms of relaxation and having something to look forward to that I know will make me feel better! The breathing exercises and general body dynamics are a wonder for my mind and body and if you don't already practice something as so, I really recommend giving it a try! https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene I'm doing the gentle yoga exercises for begginers, as they're safer to do if you don't already have experience. For more full-on exercises, it's better to find a professional classes close to you, because following youtube tutorials in such cases may not be as wise. But for some gentle meditation, breathing and light exercises, it helps!

As Alice is saying, everything is going to be fine. Don't ever look for answers on google or something, get professional help if need be! But it's likely 'just' panic attacks, and you can master them!

Lots of luck and keep us informed on how you're doing

Thank you alice y gracias juang! Im gonna keep updating my status thanks... so far I feel a constant pressure in my head, from my neck to the top of my head, like if an invisible necklace was pressing my neck, but no panics attacks so far, I imagine its a normal sympthon of anxiety? Thanks im over 30 days of No smooking, how much more could it last? Thanks to everyone in advance it makes me feel so good to share experiences

Thanks Alice and JuanG. Today I went out of my bedroom for first time in 20 days (excluding the time I went to the ER and to take the blood tests) I went to walk near the beach with my cousin. I felt the air, the sun. The anxiety went away... I felt like loving life again I felt like this could actually end someday. So it was a great day... I think that I miss a lot my mom and thats making my process harder. I am 30+ days off weed and keep going! Thanks everyone for the reeplies! If wasnt for the replies I woulndt go outside today thanks

That is so great Chispita, I am so happy to hear that you got out for some fresh air. It is amazing how much of a difference that can make.

It is understandable that losing your mother has really rocked your world. I think you are really honouring her memory by giving up cannabis though.

30 + days quit from cannabis is so great. I hope that by six weeks quit, you will start to notice more improvements.

Cheers,
    Alice

Default Getting better

Today im 42 days of no smoking. I just had a panic attack right now (and still having it) but it is so much weak in intensity than the other panics attacks I used to have. I just feel a high heart rate (not scary enought like to check my preasure with the heart monitor) and some nerviousness... I went to the health center for people in withdrawal process and I was told that, in my case I had to restore a neurochemistry balance in my brain wich could take up to 90 days, and I was told to take some phills (dont know how to say it in english benzodiazepines I tjink) wich I denied to take. Im just trying to go throw. Yesterday I had my first 100% normal day wich im very happy for. So im half way of my recovery process I think. I believe its possible, im still afraid of dieing anytime suddenly and having those crazy thought about death and fear, but much less than before. Its a very unconfortable situation but it seems to be getting better and better, so for everyone I want to say just keep going. Keep fighting things will get better, maybe slowly maybe fast but you.will get there. Thanks to everyone that post replies for me it makes me feel a lot better

Hi Chispita,

Good to hear from you and to hear that you are doing better. Good choice to stay away from the "benzos". They are very addictive.

I am at the 65 day mark and am still (again) struggling with insomnia and some depression. I went to an acupuncturist/Chinese medicine practitioner yesterday. She did a full evaluation and said I was low on GABA, a neurotransmitter responsible for calmness. She gave me a supplement with various ingredients to help my body make more GABA. I am feeling the effects already. I have begun to research some of the ingredients in the supplement and they are quite interesting. They all are anti anxiety things. Anyway, you might want to explore natural supplements at your local natural health shop for anti anxiety.

Seems like you are really going through a lot but it also seems like you have an excellent attitude, so keep that going and hang in there! We will all get better!
    John

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising