+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3rd time quitting

Default 3rd time quitting

Hello everyone. New member here.

I wish i could remember the first time i quit but i don't. It was sometime last year. I quit for 4 months and then started again. I do remember it took 6 weeks to start feeling better. My main symptoms were a tight feeling in the chest and feeling like i constally needed to take unreasonably large big breaths in order to feel satisfied. Though this would only last a few seconds.

The second time i quit i got a terrible pain in my bladder and needed to pee all the time. Thats what made me quit. I think it was only a few months between starting again and quitting. Ultimately i went on low dose citalopram and that helped a lot. Though i dont remember how long it took (cause, you know, weed).

This time i started getting horrible explosive diarrhea and that made me quit. Its been 2 weeks today and the bladder issue has just started in the last few days. From my digging on pubmed it seems that weed effects the hypothalamus which effects the release of vasopressin (makes you retain urine). I also noticed that my diarrhea contained a lot of undigested food. And not the stuff you'd normally see in the bowl (ie meat, peas etc). Sorry for the grossness but i just want to get all this off my chest. So from more digging i came to the conclusion that the hypothalamus must also play a role in pancreas secretion and im not getting the enzymes needed to break down the food. And undigested food in the small intestine the body does not like and needs it out immediately. Anxiety is moderate and depression is pretty bad (suicidal thoughts occasionally, although i'd never act on this, don't worry). Ive been trying to excercise but its tough. I take jiujitsu and went today and it helped a lot. But that help ended shortly after class and currently in the bath feeling quite depressed.

Btw i've smoked weed (if you dont count the two times i quit for a few months each) for approximately 16 years. Im 35 now. Anyone else experience these kind of symptoms? I know depression and anxiety are super common but i dont know about the bladder issue and the diarrhea. Anyone have any knowledge as to whether my theory on why this is happening is correct? Sorry for the long post. But im just in that kind of headspace. I think its safe to say that this will be my last time detoxing from cannabis. I cant go through this again. Quite frankly i have no interest in smoking and havent for a long time. It was just habit. Anyways, thanks guys and gals for listening (reading).

Chris from Canada

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Chris,

Congrats on two weeks. That is great!

I haven't heard of the bladder or diarrhoea issues that you talk about, but I would suggest that you bring it up with your doctor, as it may indicate that something else is going on. If anyone else has heard of experienced these issues please chime in.

Even though I am not in the right headspace for replying right now, I wanted to post something, so that you get a reply, as it has been 24 hours since you posted.

It is amazing how much better life gets, and how, once past the initial withdrawals, there is no real reason to go back to cannabis.

Good luck and let us know how you are going!
    Alice

Hi Chris,

Looks like you're going through quite a bit! Sorry to hear.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

The digestive tract has cannabinoid receptors that are no longer getting "fed" from the weed so it is not unusual from what I've read (and experienced to a point) that digestion is off. So many people on here complain of stomach pain, loss of appetite, vomiting, etc. But it all seems to go away in time.
    Although reading your specific complaints, it might make sense to see your doctor--especially if you don't see improvement. Hopefully you have a doc you can open up to about your pot use.

I am at the 2 month quit mark. I had no appetite for the better part of the first month. Although I wasn't sick or in pain. I just ate what I could...and lost 15 pounds that I totally needed to lose anyway. Then at about the 4 or 5 week mark, I started getting a lot of gas. I had not had any significant gas in years but then it hit! I started wondering what it could be caused by because I had also started to eat a healthier diet. I couldn't determine any one thing that was causing it
    and it has subsided somewhat. Then about a week and a half ago I was super constipated one day. I'll spare you the details on that one but it wasn't pretty. I have taken psyllium husk (fiber) 3-4 times a week for 20+ years to keep me regular and had still been doing it when this constipation from hell hit. So strange. So since then I have been taking the fiber EVERY DAY--sometimes twice a day and have been ok. But I'm taking a lot more than I ever used to. Soooo all this to say that I think there can be changes to digestion as it re-regulates itself. Not sure about the urine but that is intriguing to me.

By the way, I, like you, have absolutely no interest in ever smoking pot again. Never want to go through this again.
    Excercise has helped me a lot. And from what I've read on here, and from my 2 month experience, the withdrawal symptoms can last quite some time but they seem to get better little by little.

Hope this helps a bit. Please let us know how you are doing.
    Be well,
    John

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising