+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quit on 3.20.18

Default Quit on 3.20.18

Been smoking off and on for about 20 years. From sporadic periods of smoking once in a while to periods of smoking daily. Most recently was smoking heavily, multiple times a day since August 2017. Ive decided to make a change in my life and have been weed free since 3.20.18 (7 days and counting)! I dont smoke cigarettes, dont take any prescription meds, not a heavy drinker, dont do any other drugs, etc.. Weed was it. Im 43 years old, not over weight, and pretty much in decent shape, never had any medical issues. BUT since ive quit smoking I have now developed high blood pressure! I dont get any chest pains or dizziness, etc.. But my blood pressure is high. Its stays in the 14x/9× range and has spiked as high as 150/125 Is this normal?! My bp has NEVER been an issue or been this high before. At what point should I worry?! I started taking 1000mg of omega 3 fish oil and 400mg of magnesium daily as well as exercising more. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Rob,

Congrats on being 7 days quit. Cannabis does reduce blood pressure by dilating blood vessels so it may be that the 'normal' you suffers with high blood pressure unfortunately. That said, it's possible that this is a temporary high blood pressure due to recently quitting cannabis. Probably a little early to say in the grand scheme of quitting but I'm no medical professional. I'd keep an eye on it and see how it is as time progresses.

My BP has increased slightly since quitting cannabis but I come from a family of low BP people so when I smoked weed it was at the very low end of healthy.

Best of luck with the quit. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon.

Sunshine
    Xx

Hi AtariKidRob,

Anecdotally, some other people on this forum have reported elevated BP as part of withdrawal. I am not sure if those people found that it resolved over time.

I would agree with Sunshine that monitoring is a good idea. I would also suggest going to your doctor, especially if you can open up about your cannabis use, as I am sure they would like to monitor it too.

There is medication that you can take to reduce your BP, and I have been told that it can rise after 40.

Congrats on 7 days clean! Awesome

Alice

Thanks for the replies thus far! I found a couple of articles on marijuana withdrawl and high blood pressure but the forums are not letting me post the links. Ill post my progress in a few days. Other than that I feel pretty awesome!

Great to hear AKR!

We are not able to post links until we have posted 10 posts and they have been moderated. Maybe you can hold onto them and post them later?

Would love to hear how you are going, when you get to it!
    Alice

After 10 days clean im now starting to get blood pressure readings in the 12x/8x as well as my pulse is down into the 60s-70s from the low 100s. Keep in mind that I also started taking suppliments when I quit (1000mg Omega 3 Fishoil & 400mg Magnesium every 12 hrs) so im sure this has also had a positive effect in aiding my withdrawl symptoms. For anyone else dealing with blood pressure/withdrawl issues, there are some good articles online (I cant link them yet). Stay strong its worth it, im feeling great!

Rob

Great to hear Rob!! Congrats That is awesome news.

Only 7 more posts to go!!
    Last edited by Alice; 03-31-2018 at 08:39 PM.

21 days clean and counting (3.20.18). While my blood pressure has begun to normalize, im now going through bouts of insomnia and occasional jitteryness/anxiety. Stay strong!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Good news about your blood pressure. Not so good news about your insomnia and anxiety.

It can be a roller coaster ride for sure. Just when you think you've turned a corner with a symptom, another one can pop up. I think Hyzer, a member on here, had his insomnia issues kick in around day 23 or so.

Insomnia was probably my worst symptom. It would ease up for a few days--I think I had 4 or 5 nights in a row where I suddenly slept quite well and thought it was over--and then came back. Overall I'm better now--not perfect, but I'll take it over what it was like before! I have trouble falling asleep. I'll doze off in bed but then wake up 20-30 minutes later. I usually go on the couch or the recliner where I end up falling asleep for an hour or two. I then wake up and am usually able to go to bed and sleep fairly well. I'm at 101 days quit today.

You might want to check out L-Theanine supplements. It's an amino acid that helps calm the nervous system. I am also taking a supplement called Gabatone Acitve (K-39). Among other stuff, it contains 10 mg of Lithium orotate. This helps calm the mind as well. My traditional medicine practioner/accupuncturist suggested it.

Hang in there buddy--it does get better with time! And you are closing in on one month cannabis free!

Keep us updated,
    John
    Last edited by JWC; 04-12-2018 at 12:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising