+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 14 days no weed

Thumbs up 14 days no weed

I'm McLoving it!

Seriously though I can't believe I did it again.

Nothing is more addicting than weed has been in my life.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

It is addictive, but the more time you put between yourself and the dreaded weed, the better you will feel and the less pull it will have on you.

Good luck! It is understandable that you have slipped here and there, it is an addiction after all, but the more you grow, the more you learn, the easier it will be to kick that crap to the kerb!

Cheers,
    Alice

Just have to get over that well it's been X amount of time, I wonder what it would be like to get high again. I'm not over the feeling good hump yet and back to normal so we will see how it goes.

One thing is for sure....it's great not feeling the constant need to get high, or the feeling of being faded half hour later.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Hi McSpeed,

Yeah, that idea that you can go back to occasional smoking, or the 'just one' thinking has been many people's undoing, including myself. I think that if people keep picking themselves up and keep heading back towards the value of living without addiction, and all the reasons that you want to give this drug up, they eventually learn and accept that 'there is no such thing as just one.' Just one will get you right back on the rat wheel in a loop. And goodness only knows when you will have the strength and composure to try again. It is possible to acknowledge that urge to smoke just one and let it float past you like water. It is also possible to challenge it.

You said that 'you are not over the feeling good hump yet and back to normal so we will see how it goes.' It sounds as though you only want to quit cannabis if you feel good? The reality is that sometimes you aren't going to feel good. If you are simply a fair weather friend of cannabis cessation, I think that you will give up every time the going gets a bit tough.

I heard a great piece of advice in a tobacco cessation forum I used to be a part of. Someone said that you need a full year to be free. You need to experience every season, and all the bumps and ups and downs that come at different times of the year to concrete your quit. Your words reminded me of that piece of advice today.

It is great that you are already getting some benefits of being cannabis free. I have been reading a lot about addiction lately and what I have learnt is that addiction can consume us and reduce the pleasure we get from healthy behaviours and stimulation. It can take time to rewire our brains, but I think there is some hope in the fact that with time, if we strengthen those circuits, we will get pleasure from healthy things and healthy people.

Cheers,
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising