+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9 months no weed, still anxiety and panic. Please help.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Unhappy 9 months no weed, still anxiety and panic. Please help.

Hello,
    I need some help.
    I stopped smoking weed and tobacco 9 months ago. I smoked both about 3 years, weed 3 times per week, cigarettes every day. I started smoking behause of my irritable bowel syndrome. But I became more and more addicted (especially cigarettes) so I stopped cold turkey.
    I never had such anxiety feelings before in my life.
    The first 3-5 months were very awful. Now I feel a little bit better.
    But I still have Anxiety, panic attacks and brain fog. It comes and goes in waves weekly. Some days I feel normal, some days it hits me again like a hell (with no reason). Morning is awful, evening is good.
    Im at a doctor (neurologist). He give me medicine (Ecitalopram 15 mg, Mirtazapin 15 mg). He is also helpless.

I try to make sport and Meditation. I eat healthy.
    It still feels like withdrawal syndroms, but I know this couldnt be. So its pure anxiety and panic attacks.
    Is there somebody who have/had the same problems?
    Is there hope feeling healthy and normal again?
    (Sorry for the bad english, Im German)
    Thank you
    Lucy

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hey. I'm not in the same boat as you because I never smoked cigarettes. But my guess is that bc you stopped both cold Turkey it could be harder? I have heard that cigarettes are hard to stop smoking and the withdrawals are pretty bad. I am however going through MJ withdrawals and I'm going to be hitting my 4th month soon. And the first month was hell and the second month wasn't very easy either. Hitting the ending of mthe second month I had a bit of clearer thinking. I'm going to be hitting my 4th month soon and like two weeks ago I felt a little more improvements. But these past couple of days have been a bit on the harder side. I get the wave part but I'm wondering if the fact that ur withdrawaling from both tobacco and MJ that it's still that bad for you? Have you gone to your regular DR? Also are there any AA meetings you could attend. Also seeing a therapist? It sounds like withdrawals. I'm sorry but they are hard to deal with. If you read other forums on here there are some ppl that struggle with the same time frame as you and hit that year mark and feel much better. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Stay strong!

Hi there Lucy,

I would echo the sentiments of the person above, in that even though it can take some time, you will definitely feel healthy and normal again if you stick with it.

I wanted to chime in because although I have never heard of Ecitalopram, I have had some experience with Mirtazapine and would say that it is a wonder drug for the treatment of addiction. I used it through both the cessation of cigarettes and cannabis. It made a huge difference.

So, I think your doctor is a good one. Support can be the thing that makes it possible for us to stay the distance, so I am glad that you are talking to your doctor, and posting here.

Good luck.
    Alice

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising