+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neuropathy from withdrawals?

Default Neuropathy from withdrawals?

I quit weed about a week ago, tapered down for few weeks first and then haven't smoked at all in about 8 days. I was a daily smoker for many years though I have quit before for a month or two at a time. I will say that the months leading up to quitting this time I was smoking significantly more than I usual would. Several times a day, all-day, every day.

Anyhow, the withdrawals haven't been too bad this past week. I actually feel that they were worse during the tapering stages. My anger/irritability/mood swings were pretty out of control when cutting down, though I wasn't really having any physical symptoms during this time.

Since quitting completely the only things I have experienced is a little anxiety from time to time, a couple nights where I took a little longer to fall asleep, a little dizziness once or twice, and there was one occasion out of the blue where I got this massive hot flash and started sweating. That being said, I have noticed a particular symptom come up in the past week that doesn't seem to fall into any of the typical marijuana withdrawal symptoms. I have googled around and can't seem to find anything on it. It's some kind of peripheral neuropathy symptom that I suppose would best be described as pin-***** sensations. I don't want to say pins and needles exactly, because I feel like when you say that people think of the feeling you get when your arm or leg falls asleep, and it's not that. It basically feels like very mild mosquito bites or pin pricks that I feel randomly all over my body. Not constantly, just every once and while. Sometimes more than others. Some days I will barely feel any and some days it's almost all the time.

I'm posting here wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this? It's a little disconcerting as neuropathy can be linked to some pretty serious disorders and the stress that it's causing me isn't exactly helping the quitting process.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default yes!!!

My hands and feet have been numb intermittently so to speak and definitely the exact feeling you decribed. You are not alone. Glad you posted this. I was getting 😟. I never had it before i quit.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

I'm on day 3 and my foot is numb and hurting and it's painful to walk. This happened out of nowhere so here I am trying to Google some answers and this is the best I could find. At least some of you have the same experiences. I did not fall did not twist or roll my ankle and anyway just been sitting. It's the craziest weirdest thing!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising