+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine & Pot Withdrawals

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Thumbs up Caffeine & Pot Withdrawals

Hi,
    I'm on day 2 of COLD TURKEY, tapered down on the 2 preceding days.
    Wake & Bake f/19 years, the stronger the better.
    puff every hour or less, BONG DADDY with great big giant sucking hits...24% THC or as much as I could find.
    when i ran out, i'd scrape the bong for all the accumulated resonated 2nd's.
    oh wow, they hit hard! I was only scrapping my bong a month ago before someone sold me some good bud.

and going from 5-6 really strong cups of coffee down to just one.

Stomach Achy - Check
    Loss of Appetite - Check
    High Anxiety - Check
    Hot Flashes randomly and often - Check
    emotional wreck - check (ever see a 53 year old cry)?

I started at age 14, quit age 17 for 12 years not a single hit.
    went to college graduated and had a great career,
    traveling around the world working, 34 countries between 1988 & 2000

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

At age 29 i started getting my work visa's in Amsterdam to go work in Russia.......
    it always took a couple of days to get work visa sorted...so...had to go to a coffee shop!
    just an occasional puff, or a night cap.
    i'd bring my weed into Moscow, Azerbaijan, you name it...i was "management" and my little night cap was not an issue.
    although smuggling weed into Singapore to smoke on the tram as it passed through the world trade centre a little risky...

Then at Age 34, i returned to the USA semi-retired....
    Pot Smoking/Growing became full time recreation, now i'm 53
    Finding spots to go and get high, hiking mountains and smoking pot on the summit!
    Smoke Pot to go do anything really as an added benefit/enhancement right?
    gotta go shopping for groceries...bong hit
    celebrate the last 1-2 hours of good work......bong hit...then go back to work
    there were simply NO un-valid excuses to puff!

Wake & Bake & Drink Coffee, one got me tired and the other woke me up......till the next bong rips wear off.
    a vicious cycle.......

I feel much better aside from the withdrawal...combined caffeine and weed withdrawals.
    nice to wake up and take a fresh breath of air and not have the nights pot stink linger
    free of the cobwebs in my brain.
    i took a night cap 3 days ago and it blew my mind....like wow, brought me back to age 14 for 10 minutes and my first high....actually was frightening!
    if I could have only managed stopping for 2-3 days in the past or longer....
    i'd not need such strong pot!

Now it's legal here and i'm over it again!
    I hope i can go another 12 years or more!

My brother has quit and that's excellent as we were co-dependant,
    giving each other the pot we grew and going snowboarding, surfing together.
    pot was part of the brotherly ritual!

Now we get together and pray instead of smoking.
    oh we always prayed but not so much, there was more smoking......

Thanks for reading this,
    it takes my mind off of things to be able to share my story!
    any feedback, comments, criticism is more than welcome!

I've been thinking I should go to a NA to share and maybe I can be helpful and in service to others?
    where can I find a NA meeting in Yucca Valley California?

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Default Ok, day 4 today...

Hi again,
    nice to see and re read my post.......sorry for the errors in spelling or grammar for those of you who are into that.

Day 4:

I slept better than i have in ages.....
    Hot Flashes decreasing, we'll see around sunset that's when things get a little hairy.

No desire to puff, throwing away copious paraphernalia and cleaning up the pot residue from the kitchen cabinets.

i going down to smash another bong i have soon!
    what fun purging!!!!!

My prostate is shrinking, not sure maybe that's just cutting back on the coffeee 10 cups down to one!

other good things to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi again,
    nice to see and re read my post.......sorry for the errors in spelling or grammar for those of you who are into that.

Day 4:

I slept better than i have in ages.....
    Hot Flashes decreasing, we'll see around sunset that's when things get a little hairy.

No desire to puff, throwing away copious paraphernalia and cleaning up the pot residue from the kitchen cabinets.

i going down to smash another bong i have soon!
    what fun purging!!!!!

My prostate is shrinking, not sure maybe that's just cutting back on the coffeee 10 cups down to one!

other good things to follow!
    Your initial post was very informative and well-written. Interesting reading. Good luck in the coming days and weeks. It's astounding you have no desire to puff! Your will to quit must be canceling out any desire. Many people do not have extremely disturbing and long lasting withdrawal struggles/symptoms and I hope you are one of them. Your good attitude and sense of humor are refreshing. Keep us updated.

Default Day 5

Hey,
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Day 5:
    Sleeping longer and better, less waking up to pee (maybe that’s the caffeine cut back)!
    Exercise and physical activity are tremendously helpful. If yer gonna sweat make it count!
    If just laying around under high anxiety the hot flashes are more unwelcome.
    Watching TV not enough distraction, it’s more uncomfortable for me that’s fer sure.

I was reading on one of the posts about somebody who went on a cruise and quit on the cruise.
    I’d like to add, I smoked cigarette for 2-3 years back when I was traveling world-wide……but I’d go on a trip to some place and quit.
    Always was able to quit smoking cigarette by going away on vacation or some job somewhere, so if someone is planning a trip..always a good time to quit!
    The new scenes and sights and stimulation will really help take your mind off the suffering.

If working and already sweating a little (I’ve been sanding wood for a porch restoration) the hot flashes are more tolerable.
    Yesterday around 6pm, The time when normally I’d be drinking a 250mg cup of coffee and big bong hits, I went out and worked for a couple of hours till sunset.
    Sunset has been the worse of the Hot Flashes as far as timing…..just before/after sunset when normally I’d be ingesting caffeine/weed.
    Then came in showered and chilled on the couch with my 18 year old kitty cat.
    I’m staying up later…used to just pass out 8-9pm exhausted after a day of smoking and drinking coffee!
    Less snoring, not waking up with mouth all dried out!

Less coffee (only one morning cup), only getting up to pee once in the night got back to bed and suddenly it’s already it’s 4-5am…my normal rising time!
    I had gotta to the point where I was up every hour to pee with all that coffee and passing out too early because of too much pot!

It just feels so good to breath, like oxygen is getting into the alveoli where it hasn’t been in years.
    My coughing is completely gone…only a week ago, it was rise and cough…
    you know the ones…cough cough cough flem…..drink coffee, puff, and cough cough cough again!

The little Angel on my right shoulder kicked the demon off my left shoulder (the angel was getting a contact high all the time seems and didn’t give a shit)
    So, I’m hearing God’s voice more clearly tell me DUDE You gotta stop that puffing in order to receive the next awesome things in life I have in store for you!
    I’ve been hearing that little voice for years……but getting stoned shut it up!
    I have some faith and that’s really helping me!

I’ve always felt close to God and pushing him away with weed just NOT COOL!
    Pot smoking never got me closer to God despite what rasta’s believe…it never worked for me!
    If anything Weed let deception/confusion/fantasy into my logic and flawed my conclusions.

Weed results in impulsive decisions..
    You want to know the worse thing ever….
    DON’T CLICK TO BUY WHEN YOUR HIGH….
    RIGHT? I mean I’d get on the internet and buy shit when I was high!
    so i have this little song i made up some years ago.....
    DON’T CLICK TO BUY WHEN YOUR HIGH BOY
    DON’T CLICK TO BUY WHEN YOUR HIGH
    JUST CHILL ON OUT
    GET OFF THE WEB
    AND LET THAT FEELING PASS ON BY!

Heck imagine 20kUSD or more spent on weed over 19 years?
    I KNOW there is an app for that, but my calculation is
    1000-4000 per year on weed for 19 years….BIG MONEY!!!

In recent months, I even began to experience difficulty in math.
    Math always my strong-point, adding numbers in my head quickly!
    For the first time in my life, suddenly I was drawing blanks on adding numbers together.
    Mind you still getting it done; embarrassed that I could NOT add as quick as before…….
    Aging doesn’t help and weed aint’ gonna make memory loss better!
    HECK I’d suck a bong rip down, go down to the garage, and forget what the hell I went down there for…
    5 days ago when i took my last puff, this happened to me, mind you i was so stoned after cutting back over 2 days before cold turkey.
    i went down and had no idea why i went down there, my mind was racing, and i though to myself shit dude this stuff/getting high just ain't the bomb anymore!

So, yes I’m motivated.
    When I quit at age 17, I’d then come back to California and get around all my brothers and friends and see them smoke pot.
    I had no desire to join then; the countenance on their face would change and their brains would suddenly drop 20 IQ POINTS and even talking to them was more of an effort.
    That was always motivation for me to keep quit before when in my 20’s!

Now, I think how dumb I must seem walking around in Public each and every day stoned off my mind engaging people in funny conversations.
    Did they know I was stoned? Did I look like a dummy?
    At Home Depot or Walmart engaging people with that stoned happy look on my face?
    Or am I a master of delusion……seemingly intelligent and functional..with glazed eyes......

I have some friends who are still so hooked on weed they puff every 15 minutes sometimes.
    Then I look at their lives and how it effects them, seems every time,
    they lack ultimate success SIMPLY DUE to their habit and the sacrifices made to get high all day long.

It’s dedicated work to always have pot and be ready to smoke, finding a place to smoke, worried about running out, not to mention finding the money in your budget!

I’m enjoying retirement from that job!!!!

I have not been around anyone stoned yet since quitting, that will be interesting.
    I’ve already called a few friends to tell them how darn good it feels and will be encouraging them and maybe going to meetings with them.
    Who knows what the COSMIC PLOT has in store for me now but rest assured, it’s gonna be awesome!

My older brother is coming for a motorcycle ride today.
    It will be the first ride we have done together in 20 years SOBER!

WOW!!!

Default Hungry Hungry Hippo......Day 9

well, last night i was hungry again finally and nearly ate an entire Lasagna!!! yummy!
    i had lost 7-8 lbs with loss of appetite....

also, i'm guzzling water, wow, never had so much water.....yummy!
    for each cup of coffee i am NOT drinking....i'm drinking 4 times the water!
    hmm i'm going to get some more water now!

Hot Flashes on the decline in both severity, regularity, and intensity.
    i was getting hot flashes on day 2 after every bite of food or drink of water, or deep breath (like an empty bong hit)!
    did find a little damp sweat spot on my pillow this morning, was up 2-3 times to pee from drinking sooo much water.

Wake up and drink water! Not Coffee
    Wake up and eat breakfast and not let Coffee or weed be the first things into my system=FEELS EXCELLENT
    i do have my one strong cup after breakfast but that's it.

Feeling stronger even now,
    starting to find and use words that had otherwise begun to disappear from my vocabulary.
    My IQ IS UP 30 points!

Driving out today for the first time since cold turkey.

I hope to get back to swimming daily!

Exercise hard sweaty work is still better for feeling completely normal with no craving.

I have no pot cravings...but folks are showing me the buds they have soon to harvest...
    I'm staying away from fresh buds, nothing smells better than a freshly harvested bud.......temptation maximum!

I still can't believe i got to the point i did and basically violated my body!

Oh, i found some Herbalife behind all the pot-junk that a friend of mine gave me so i been doing some vitamins et. al.
    Shopping for groceries the first time since cold turkey......hope to come out of there without all the sugar and munchie food!
    Munchie snack/Sugar highs and crashes were also hand-and-hand with bong rips.

well over 10 posts, do i have to be registered?

Best Regards to all

You are doing great so keep up the good work. One thing I notice though for me when I die I coffee if makes it more worst. Coffee or wine or anything very sweet.

Default woke up from a nap w/resting heart rate of 120-130, went to get it checked out...

Day 9/10...
    woke up from a nap w/resting heart rate of 120-130,light headed....... went to get it checked out...

NOT feeling any anxiety or much at the time, just chilling on a Caturday afternoon.

it could be part of some thyroid issues (nodule/pressure) currently trying to get resolved/diagnosed.
    possibly some dehydration.

afraid mostly that it would get worse; don't want to pass out alone at home, so i drove myself to ER to get checked.
    All was good, they did EKG et. al. blood tests, urine test, chest xray, and said all the labs were good!
    took about 2 hours to get heart rate down below 100, but by then i was on adrenaline, and talking to one of the staff about motorcycle riding.
    then i was prisoner f/2 hours as they handled emergencies, doctor didn't have time to write the release!

anyway, could be part of the withdrawal process........bizarre..little scary if so.
    can't completely rule out pure freakout even though that's not how i felt!

this coming week; getting a full workup on blood tests and will see an endocrinologist about the thyroid soon.
    Thyroid nodule been there for 3 years but too small for them to be concerned, but it's a little barking *****-dog that needs some attention.
    i used to be classified as a radio-logical worker and had exposure to:

• Americium/Beryllium 241
    • Cesium 137
    • Cobalt 60
    • Radium 226
    • Thorium
    • 14Mev Electrons from Thermal Decay Particle accelerator.
    We’d put it in a water tank and power it up on surface,
    High energy electrons would collide with Chlorine in the water and create gamma rays.
    We could then measure the presence of water downhole by measuring the amount of gamma rays coming from Chlorine.
    • There was a tracer ejector job that one of the slob engineers did. George the slob, with a moldy sandwich in his bag.
    He had that fecking radioactive tracer fluid all over the place, it was on the keyboard to the computer!

yes, lot's to think about and worry one-self about under withdrawal...
    time will tell what is a real concern and what is just paranoia....

Day 9/10...
    woke up from a nap w/resting heart rate of 120-130,light headed....... went to get it checked out...

NOT feeling any anxiety or much at the time, just chilling on a Caturday afternoon.

it could be part of some thyroid issues (nodule/pressure) currently trying to get resolved/diagnosed.
    possibly some dehydration.

afraid mostly that it would get worse; don't want to pass out alone at home, so i drove myself to ER to get checked.
    All was good, they did EKG et. al. blood tests, urine test, chest xray, and said all the labs were good!
    took about 2 hours to get heart rate down below 100, but by then i was on adrenaline, and talking to one of the staff about motorcycle riding.
    then i was prisoner f/2 hours as they handled emergencies, doctor didn't have time to write the release!

anyway, could be part of the withdrawal process........bizarre..little scary if so.
    can't completely rule out pure freakout even though that's not how i felt!

this coming week; getting a full workup on blood tests and will see an endocrinologist about the thyroid soon.
    Thyroid nodule been there for 3 years but too small for them to be concerned, but it's a little barking *****-dog that needs some attention.
    i used to be classified as a radio-logical worker and had exposure to:

• Americium/Beryllium 241
    • Cesium 137
    • Cobalt 60
    • Radium 226
    • Thorium
    • 14Mev Electrons from Thermal Decay Particle accelerator.
    We’d put it in a water tank and power it up on surface,
    High energy electrons would collide with Chlorine in the water and create gamma rays.
    We could then measure the presence of water downhole by measuring the amount of gamma rays coming from Chlorine.
    • There was a tracer ejector job that one of the slob engineers did. George the slob, with a moldy sandwich in his bag.
    He had that fecking radioactive tracer fluid all over the place, it was on the keyboard to the computer!

yes, lot's to think about and worry one-self about under withdrawal...
    time will tell what is a real concern and what is just paranoia....
    Oh geez, good luck with all that. Hope you are clear of any thyroid issue.
    Cannabis withdrawal can be a pain...and a drawn out one at that.
    Hang in there!

Desert Newt Cannabis Rehab Guest

Cool 3 Weeks/21 day update

Sleeping better than ever, even got a rare 7-8 hours last night with only one wake up to pee!
    i still can wake up after 3-4 hours too and takes a little more time to get back to sleep.
    maybe find some moist pillow spots where neck sweating.....
    but i always get back to sleep and sleep later than i was able too before....previously would do bong hit at 4am if awake!

4pm O'clock plus or minus 20 minutes still seems to be a period of flashes and symptoms as that was prime time to imbibe.

Phlegm still has greay specks ... that's probably the most alarming and I can't wait till that clears up!

Hiking, Swimming, hard work with sweat truly helps with everything especially sleeping!

Mentally i feel soooooooooo darn good!
    Clear thinking instead of a stoned fantasy world of randomness and waking dreams.

had my thyroid/blood lab work done today and waiting for results on that, pressure on thyroid and vocal cords.
    I leave the option that my thyroid issues could also be pothead related.

I truly enjoy life better.
    My work is more productive and enjoyable!

Time has slowed down a little, rather than a rapid blurr day to day which it had become and in this fast paced world.
    It's beautiful to get more time!!!!

I'm playing guitar and singing again...that's great too!

(just an odd side-note; but bigger boners and a full ball sack!)
    hahahaha

I will not go around stoners now when they are high, they're too sad and the conversation sucks!

Freedom from Bondage!
    Free at last!
    Free at last!

Desert Newt Cannabis Rehab Guest

Smile Oh, the ER was a Terasozin 5mg issue, that i'd never had an issue with for 3 years!

Day 9/10...

turns out it was the 5mg Terasozin pill i took that morning.
    i rarely take them, it's for enlarged prostate BPH.

i'd been good w/5mg maybe take them 1-2 times per month when peeing gets difficult.

Here's the kicker, since cutting way back caffeine/one cup in mornings (vasoconstrictor) my prostate issues have lessened.
    and so the 5mg Terasozin (vasodilator) which normally opens up the veins and lessens the prostate issues, was an overdose.
    i took it f/3 years when being a pot/coffee head it was a non issue.

but since substantially reducing the caffeine, the 5mg has become an overdose.

Hence heart rate pounding occurred that morning.
    i had no idea, as I'd taken the 5mg for last 3 years 1-2 times per month with zero issues.

ER doctor was clueless, i told him i took one in the morning...looking at the side effects it was textbook.
    I only found out last night because i took one at 8pm was trying to go all night sleeping without peeing...getting all that done before bedtime.

but, it hit me the same way, in fact, i fainted going into the shower, busted the towel rack off the wall and woke up to the shower running and me sitting there head forwards.

I felt great all week working hard sweating etc.
    so i knew something was weird and suddenly remembered taking one a week ago when i experienced the heart pounding and felt like i was going to pass out.
    Lucky i got to the ER without fainting whilst driving last week.

I've never fainted in my life till last night.
    so, it was a tough night takes a few hours f/side effects to back off.
    and i got to finally get up the stairs and look online at the Terasozin side effects and BAM spot on!
    even found warnings about stopping and then beginning to take it later as i had done.
    They recommend taking it at night due to the possible dizzy/fainting operating heavy equipment etc.

the weird thing is with all the caffeine and possibly pot related issued i had going on.
    5mg of Terasozin never gave me any side effects f/3 years.
    my veins had permanently shrunk a bit i assume and it took that much to get them opening.

Now with the junk clearing out and my body getting more normal, 5mg of Terasozin is an overdose now.

I feel great today, a little tired but the link is obviously and shocking..
    that was the only pill i take other than the occasional aspirin or ibuprofen, and very seldom.

so, guess who's not taking 5mg of Terasozin ever again.
    i'm adjusting my diet as well to incorporate more natural foods that can help w/BHP.

Damn doctors are killing us with pills but it's OUR fault cause we expect them to fix us.
    when in fact, we are (i am at least) my own worst nightmare....
    USA seems to be at the lead for prescribing medicines, i guess controlled by the drug company lobbyist who rule our government!

Onward and forwards!
    it's gonna be pumpkin seed oils and other natural stuff for me!

i'm just stoked it was something so simple and stupid!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising