+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Tests; how long will it take to clean up my blood?

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Blood Tests; how long will it take to clean up my blood?

i'm on day 4 of cold turkey and will be going to the doctor on Friday 8/31
    most likely have to give some blood

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

just curious how my blood will test with only 8 days clean?

what sort of blood tests can be messed up by weed in the system if any?

i've got some thyroid issue and need to get checked out...

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i'm on day 4 of cold turkey and will be going to the doctor on Friday 8/31
    most likely have to give some blood

just curious how my blood will test with only 8 days clean?

what sort of blood tests can be messed up by weed in the system if any?

i've got some thyroid issue and need to get checked out...
    I'm no expert on this but just from what I have read about the topic, 8 days of no weed is almost certainly not enough time to test clean. Good luck with it all and hope the thyroid issue is easily diagnosed and resolved.
    Last edited by Hyzer29; 08-28-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Thumbs up 30-100 days for heavy long term user

thanks...

not being tested for weed in any shape or form......

but from what i read....30-100 days for heavy long term user to pass all blood and urine tests.
    but urine will test positive longer than blood which is interesting.

i suppose my question was more like,
    not being testing for weed,
    but more like; can the presence of the weed indicator affect other tests.say like lipids, PSA, TSH et. al.
    similar to Heisenburg uncertainty principle, but then again guess i answered my own question....
    if health issues related to the presence of said indicators are present then they don't go away till for 30-100 days anyway...

cut and paste some of my readings here below;

"The most popular kind of drug test is the urine test, which can detect marijuana for days or weeks after use. Note that urine tests do not detect the psychoactive component in marijuana, THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), and therefore in no way measure impairment; rather, they detect the non-psychoactive marijuana metabolite THC-COOH, which can linger in the body for days and weeks with no impairing effects. Because of THC-COOH's unusually long elimination time, urine tests are more sensitive to marijuana than other commonly used drugs.

Blood tests are a better detector of recent use, since they measure the active presence of THC in the system. Because they are invasive and difficult to administer, blood tests are used less frequently. They are typically used in investigations of accidents, injuries and DUIs, where they can give a useful indication of whether the subject was actually under the influence.

Hair tests are the most objectionable form of drug testing, since they do not measure current use, but rather non-psychoactive residues that remain in the hair for months afterwards. These residues are absorbed internally and do not appear in the hair until 7-10 days after first use. Afterwards, they cannot be washed out by shampoos (though shampoos may help remove external smoke particles that get stuck in the hair). Hair tests are more likely to detect regular than occasional marijuana use. One study found that 85% of daily users tested positive for marijuana, versus 52% of occasional smokers (1-5 times per week). Ingested cannabis was less likely to be detected than smoked marijuana [01]. It is doubtful whether hair tests are sensitive to one-time use of marijuana.

Saliva testing is a newer, less proven technology. The sensitivity of saliva tests is not well established in the case of marijuana. In theory, they are supposed to detect recent use, but this may range from several hours to over a day. They are supposed to detect secretions from inside the oral tissues that cannot be washed out with mouthwash. Because they are less intrusive than blood or urine tests, the industry has been eager to develop saliva tests. Due to reliability problems, they have yet to gain acceptance in the U.S., but they have come into use in some other countries, such as Australia. An international study of various onsite saliva tests concluded that no device was reliable enough to be recommended for roadside screening of drivers (Rosita Project, 2003-2006)."

Here's a good one, can pot heads donate blood?
    If so, I guess they do a basic test for things and if the blood they collected fails...it's trashed....
    go into a blood donation and tell the you smoke pot.....will they take yer blood, my guess is an obvious NO, but what do I Know

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising