+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just quite after 6 years

Default Just quite after 6 years

Hi guys,

I have been smoking pot for the last 6ish years and have decided enough is enough, it got to the point where I was being near enough physically sick from the amount I was smoking, I was smoking for 7 days a week with maybe a small one when I had the gf over, and she had gone to bed, she didnít realise I was smoking it and have lied to her when we got together that I had quite it.

I have recently confessed to her that i was still smoking it and it near enough break us, but she has kept with me and has helped so much in finishing places that I can go like na and a local place for help, I had a panic attack and collapsed when I had confessed all of it.

Itís now been 3ish weeks since I stopped and have some of the withdrawals that come with it, like lack of appitite, depression and been crying hell of a lot with it all, I have been sweating on a night but coz of where I work I am afraid that I will start to smell of it when I work as it is a kitchen based job. I am trying the usual of using deodorant to mask the smell but havenít sweated loads so I am waiting on that to all start.

I feel so much better and my mind seems to be a lot clearer.

Does any one have suggestions on how to cover the smell when Iím working or just keep what I am all ready doing.

Many thanks for reading this.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Desert Newt Cannabis Rehab Guest

Talking Oh, that smell, can't you smell that smell.....Lynard skynard...

well, i'm surprised the smell of just smoking pot wasn't obvious to your girlfriend and others.

but as far as smelling worse after quitting...didn't think we'd smell any worse than being a pothead?

how about keeping some rubbing alcohol around and just dosing your pits through out the day!
    that or some spray deodorant....AXE works good.

i don't think it's something to worry about cause i STUNK worse when smoking!

Glad you made the decision and i enjoyed reading your post!

i'm between week 7-8 cold turkey and i feel great.
    still around some workers who smoke giving me the
    "it's medicine" routine...coughing and looking like hell.
    their work is sloppy and they are exhausted like i used to be!

Keep up the good work!
    keep us posted...it's slow in here...not too many posts for weeks!

All the best!

Thatís the thing I never smelt like a pothead when I was smoking, I think Iím just being over anxious bout being smelling with quitting, Iíve been using axe(lynx here in the uk) since I quit to hide any smell I occasionally get a whiff of what smells like weed from me when Iím working but no-one has said anything

Desert Newt Cannabis Rehab Guest

Red face better sense of smell after quitting!

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Thatís the thing I never smelt like a pothead when I was smoking, I think Iím just being over anxious bout being smelling with quitting, Iíve been using axe(lynx here in the uk) since I quit to hide any smell I occasionally get a whiff of what smells like weed from me when Iím working but no-one has said anything
    I've discovered my sense of smell has gotten better, much better after quitting smoking weed, makes sense after smoking so long that the olfactory system was affected!
    I mean you'd never think it, but the upper respiratory system suffers tremendously with being a pothead!

Especially noticeable with flatulence & other end! boy do i stink now!

so, you probably just never smelled the pot ... one gets used to it!
    and now you smell everything!

about to hit day 90 for me! seems like a short time when looking at the number but feels like ages ago!
    Still waiting for the phlegm specks to clear and that can take a year from what I read!

Good Luck and enjoy smelling the food & such!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising