+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In need of help/reassurance update

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Unhappy In need of help/reassurance update

Hello everyone. I have been on this forum reading so many stories here that have helped me so much. I have been going through PAWS for a little over 9 and a half months and it has been so hard....I honestly would rather go through labor for a year than this. The first three months were just out of this world difficult. I never in a million years thought this so called "innocent, medicinal" plant could ever cause something like this. For starters I never had any interest in that stuff growing up. But stupidly gave in when the whole its "medicine" bs started bc I have chronic back pain. I did it for 4 freaking years. Something happened that made me stop so I stopped cold Turkey.....and all hell broke loose.....now here I am almost 10 months later asking does this really get better? Last month and this month have been pretty hard . Kind of like the first three months but not to that extreme if that makes sense. Like it's difficult to deal with and yesterday was one of the worst days. Has anyone ever gone through that? Is it bad then kind of ok for like a couple of months then bad again? Or is it just my shitty luck? I'm trying. I really am. I just really need reassurance. I am having moment where I'm feeling more like myself....I just dont want to lose hope. I have my two kids and my husband....

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello everyone. I have been on this forum reading so many stories here that have helped me so much. I have been going through PAWS for a little over 9 and a half months and it has been so hard....I honestly would rather go through labor for a year than this. The first three months were just out of this world difficult. I never in a million years thought this so called "innocent, medicinal" plant could ever cause something like this. For starters I never had any interest in that stuff growing up. But stupidly gave in when the whole its "medicine" bs started bc I have chronic back pain. I did it for 4 freaking years. Something happened that made me stop so I stopped cold Turkey.....and all hell broke loose.....now here I am almost 10 months later asking does this really get better? Last month and this month have been pretty hard . Kind of like the first three months but not to that extreme if that makes sense. Like it's difficult to deal with and yesterday was one of the worst days. Has anyone ever gone through that? Is it bad then kind of ok for like a couple of months then bad again? Or is it just my shitty luck? I'm trying. I really am. I just really need reassurance. I am having moment where I'm feeling more like myself....I just dont want to lose hope. I have my two kids and my husband....
    Hey there,

Sorry to read about your struggle with PAWS. Nine months is a long time to feel crappy, but not unheard of. It really does suck.

My own journey over this past year has been up and down. Progress little by little and then I would get thrown right back into it. But it would go away after a while. So it was kinda like 2 steps forward then 1 step back. Just this month (month 12 since I quit) I have been feeling pretty good. I have read a year to a year and a half is not uncommon for PAWS symptoms.

When you are going through a bad period what exactly are your symptoms? Are you doing anything to help them?

John

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JWC View Post
    Hey there,

Sorry to read about your struggle with PAWS. Nine months is a long time to feel crappy, but not unheard of. It really does suck.

My own journey over this past year has been up and down. Progress little by little and then I would get thrown right back into it. But it would go away after a while. So it was kinda like 2 steps forward then 1 step back. Just this month (month 12 since I quit) I have been feeling pretty good. I have read a year to a year and a half is not uncommon for PAWS symptoms.

When you are going through a bad period what exactly are your symptoms? Are you doing anything to help them?

John
    Hey...these past two months have been pretty hard. I guess maybe it's the holidays. The ending of the year is really busy for me n my family. We have our anniversary then birthdays n holidays. These past two months have been harder bc it felt like the beginning months just not as extreme but still pretty bad. Anxiety, dizziness, weird feelings in my head,questioning, cravings...the list goes on. I go out, am around my family, I write how I feel I go to therapy. It's really just time...i guess patience and time. It's just really hard. Especially when you get hit and get confused as to why you feel so terrible when you felt like you were making a little more progress. I'm almost going to hit the 10 month mark. In about a week. Im trying to stay positive but it's really hard. N a bit hard to believe that this will be over in a year. Hitting my anniversary dates have been hard pretty much every month. I hope that's normal too. So you're feeling pretty good now that you're on ur 12th month? How does it feel? I dont want to get my Hope's up anymore honestly. Every milestone I heard that are great for some people aren't so great for others. I feel like I'm one of the hot so good ones. I dont know...or maybe I'm just being negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey...these past two months have been pretty hard. I guess maybe it's the holidays. The ending of the year is really busy for me n my family. We have our anniversary then birthdays n holidays. These past two months have been harder bc it felt like the beginning months just not as extreme but still pretty bad. Anxiety, dizziness, weird feelings in my head,questioning, cravings...the list goes on. I go out, am around my family, I write how I feel I go to therapy. It's really just time...i guess patience and time. It's just really hard. Especially when you get hit and get confused as to why you feel so terrible when you felt like you were making a little more progress. I'm almost going to hit the 10 month mark. In about a week. Im trying to stay positive but it's really hard. N a bit hard to believe that this will be over in a year. Hitting my anniversary dates have been hard pretty much every month. I hope that's normal too. So you're feeling pretty good now that you're on ur 12th month? How does it feel? I dont want to get my Hope's up anymore honestly. Every milestone I heard that are great for some people aren't so great for others. I feel like I'm one of the hot so good ones. I dont know...or maybe I'm just being negative.
    Geez, it sounds rough. I wish I had an answer for you. Does your therapist have anything to say about it? Your doctor?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising