+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can't sleep anxiety depression insomnia

Hey Mitchell,
    Great to see you posting again here for support and hopefully to work through some of the issues in your recovery. I think it will help you.
    In terms of my own capacity to give support right now, I am not really able, due to my own 'stuff' that is going on.
    I developed a bad head cold overnight and as someone who can get a bit 'wobbly' sometimes, the cold and lack of sleep has thrown me a bit.
    So, I can't rationally turn over your conundrum in my mind, but I will try. I think you are right about playing the long game.
    It is a lot to expect that everything is going to be roses all the time. We all have bad days. Hell, we all have bad weeks sometimes!
    If you stay focused on where you want to be and the person you want to be in the world, all these little dips and bumps will just be roadhumps along the way.
    Wishing you the best for a better day, and a more relaxing week ahead.
    Cheers :-)
    Alice

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

I’m almost certain I am experiencing PAWS. Today I woke up very tired and depressed, I did not want to get up and slept in a little because opening my eyes and moving my body out of bed was too exhausting. I was very tired almost all day including my 25 minute drive to school. I was very anxious and irritable today and could not concentrate on anything. In my weight training class I did not work out I just sat the whole time very tired and anxious. When I was driving home today I could barely keep my eyes open, I was very tired and sluggish. I was depressed and anxious, today is day 79. I am currently laying down and i sort of have a headache but it is very mild. My concentration is very bad in school, it is hard to focus on anything for more than 10 second before my anxiety distracts me. Just wondering if PAWS hits at 79 days, I am still going to go for a run today and hopefully I feel good after that.

It is PAWS, today was a very stressful day. I had a super stressful event happen, it threw me off and I had a violent mood swing. I was literally like dead depressed for about an hour, it made me do research on PAWS and all of the PAWS symptoms listed are what I am experiencing. It is alright I guess, I'm doing this for the better and my level of addiction was pretty much as bad as it can get. So let's keep chumming and get these months over with.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    It is PAWS, today was a very stressful day. I had a super stressful event happen, it threw me off and I had a violent mood swing. I was literally like dead depressed for about an hour, it made me do research on PAWS and all of the PAWS symptoms listed are what I am experiencing. It is alright I guess, I'm doing this for the better and my level of addiction was pretty much as bad as it can get. So let's keep chumming and get these months over with.....

One day at a time Mitchell, One day at a time......

Hey Mitchell,

Yup, PAWS is definitely a thing! Good for you for doing research on it.

Sorry to hear of your setback. It can pop up just when you think you are out of the woods. Happened to me several times. It should get better as time goes on.

Hang in there
    John

Something very bad and stressful happened today. So I am going through a wave of PAWS, just general anxiety, insomnia, tiredness during the day, decreased stress tolerence.... etc. I happened to be very stressed out today, I have a greay deal of social anxiety and I wore sort of an outfit that I wouldn't normally wear, and I was very self-conscious. I am very stressed currently because I am at risk of failing math, and also another computer coding class. Well, here is what happened.... So I was in history class and my vision started to get splotchy. If I would focus on one thing to the left I had light sort of a blind spot... I started to get really anxious and worried about it and made a dumb desicion to google what could cause that. I spooked myself into thinking I was going blind or something.... I got very paraniod and anxious so I quickly got up and asked the teacher if I could use the restroom because I could not sit in that class for much longer, I walked to the restroom and went completely blind and then fainted, luckily there were students nearby that got help quickly.... I woke up on my back with the nurse checking my pulse and some people around me all concerned for me. I was then put in a wheel chair and brought to the nureses office and sat with her and my beloved teacher for about 25 minutes discussing what had happened. I was shaking and pale, I had an adreneiline rush just before that. I was coming off of the adreniline and ended up leaving school early, I am also not going tomorrow... I talked to a psychologist and the nurse for a while about all of my problems and about my drug habbits... and was advised that I need to stay home the next day and work on stress management, because they were aware that my brain is needing to go through an adjustment period because I was self medicating with marijuana for all of my life problems. My vision is back, but I currently have a headache... I think it is a stress headache... I sat down to type this out while I am cleaning my room, it was very cluttered and messy, also probably one of the reasons I am stressed. This event was very stressful or you could say traumatizing... it brought me back to when I got in an ATV accident and lost my vision. I am now making my main goal to be stress management, because my body seems to be releasing wayyy to many stress hormones and is constantly on edge. I am suffering from this headache right now sadly, but I am still going to get my room cleaned right now.
    Hoping I can come back stronger than ever.. This stuff really sucks, but I am working through it...

Mitchell

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

My goodness, Mitchell! What a terrible experience.

Will you follow up with a doctor?

Hope you are better today.
    John

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hope your ok today Mitchell, sounds like you had a horrific experience.
    Stress management is my biggest draw back, Exercise is my new strategy, let us know how it goes. Wish you all the best,
    Take care buddy!
    Steve

Hope your ok today Mitchell, sounds like you had a horrific experience.
    Stress management is my biggest draw back, Exercise is my new strategy, let us know how it goes. Wish you all the best,
    Take care buddy!
    Steve

(whoops forgot to log in)

yeah, I think it was a stress overload of some sort. I have way too much emotional tension and overall stress that I have been combating my whole life. Also recently school has been the main source of stress because I am very behind, and also have social anxiety. I think my brain was fed up with everything and just said nope I'm gonna shut off. It was pretty scary, I wonder if I visited the afterlife I only have 15 more days of school and I am ready for 2 months off on summer vacation. I think during this time I will be stress free, which will be amazing and I think I deserve some time off from life in general... I need some time to gather my thoughts and get some more progress of recovery in.
    Mitchell

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising