+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 25 years heavy use 4 days into quitting

Wow two months is great! Congratulations! You should treat yourself to something nice.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Quote Originally Posted by UK guy View Post
    Hi heavy user 25 years

I saw your post and i immediately related to it. I have written two posts on here as this site has been invaluable for me. Like you, I smoked for over 25 years; all of my adult life. I am a similar age. I found quitting weed the most difficult time of my life. Mostly due to the length of time it took me to feel better and ride the waves of PAWS. JWCs posts have helped me a lot. Thank you John for your help in helping others. We all need this reassurance. I will back up what John says. It does and will get better. I had anxiety, loss of appetite, insomnia, weight loss, irritability, and more. It was only after a year that I started to feel normal again. I quit in April 2018. So 14 months now and I am now starting to feel like I did when I was a child. Don't give up keep going keep going. Quitting is the best thing you could ever do. The reward is beautiful but you will need to be patient and believe in yourself. It will be tough but the good days eventually outnumber the bad and you will see the improvement each week and month. Keep fit and eat well. Avoid alcohol and junk food. Drink plenty of water.
    Hi UK Guy,

I am very pleased that my posts helped you out!

This whole process of journaling the experience is so rewarding in many ways. Reading through the posts for information in the beginning was reassuring that what I was going through was typical and temporary--a life saver at the time.
    Then writing about my experience and all the things I was trying out to alleviate the symptoms had its own, sort of, cathartic benefit. And kept my mind distracted.
    And now it feels quite rewarding that that process has helped someone else to navigate the withdrawal journey.

I am at a year and a half cannais free and feeling pretty darn good. It sounds like you are doing well too.

All the best!
    John

Been away for a week or so and haven't posted for a while, but I'm still going and still 'clean'! This 2nd/3rd month has been harder on my mental health, I think I have rediscovered the reason why I enjoyed getting high so much, I'm most certainly suffering a bit with depression and my metabolism has slowed to a crawl, I'm trying to eat a lot better/healthier to get things moving, but it isn't working! I'm also putting on weight quickly, even though I'm exercising loads! Its getting me down and is like a vicious circle! If only I could have the weight loss others have experienced! I've also had a family member fall very ill, and this is the first time i've had to deal with this, but haven't consumed so must take some positives from that!
    One day at a time.....

Hi 25 year ex user. Congrats on going this far. Sorry about your depression and your family members illness. Did you suffer from depression before you started smoking. Im asking because maybe youre still in PAWS. Im sure youll get better soon. Ive put on a little weight too. I think cannabis raises the metabolism. I think once our bodies get used to being without it it will be easier to lose weight.

Its been so Long Eroica over 25 years, but I'm fairly sure the answer is yes, and is probably one of the reasons why i continued using for so long, but yes your right I hope it bad at the moment due to my body/brain re-adjusting to not being bombarded with THC. And thing will get better, I am addressing my diet and I'm sure that will help, I exercise heaps so there is no issue there, i think its just a matter of time till things start to get better, but I'm prepared for a long wait, 25 years of abuse will mean its not going to change overnight, So I keep going, eating healthily, surfing, yoga, swimming, work, talk therapy and try to meditate and think positive. Things could be lot worse
    One day at a time....

Hey 25,
    How are things going for you now?
    Good to hear that you are hanging in there. It sounds like you are being quite practical/resourceful/wise about some of the challenges that can crop up in the first few months.
    Sorry to hear that your mother is unwell. It must be hard for you. But I bet you are able to deal with this a hell of a lot better than you would if you were still smoking?! It may not feel like that right now, but I feel sure you are more emotionally balanced without cannabis.
    As you suggest, all of these issues is an opportunity to grow as a person. That is the biggest benefit of being over three years cannabis free. I have grown so much as a person in these three years. It would not have been possible if I was sucking down that weed.
    Hope things continue to improve.
    Cheers :-)
    Alice

Thanks Alice, yes I agree, The 'challenge' of giving up hasn't been the 'wanting' to smoke, more the challenge of learning to live, cope, and deal with life without weed! As well as my exercise regime and yoga, I am having some talk therapy once per week, I ramble on for an hour and this is exposing all my issues, so I can deal with them, or put more accurately let go of them, with guidance from a trained councillor, I feel like I am progressing and growing as a human being. I won't lie and say its easy, but it's so worth it, as I might have lived the rest of my life in a stoned haze and never dealt with these issues that sit in your subconscious bringing you down slightly. The last month has been a struggle with mother being ill, but we've had some positive news today, and she isn't as ill as we thought and 'should' make a full recovery albeit a slow one. My health was an issue too as the ermmmm constipation was killing me, but amending my diet has seem to have solved this and seems to have lifted my mood somewhat too, sleeping at night has also become easier and I feel more awake and in the moment, slightly more social too, and less anxious, some days are better than others but at least I do have good days now! so I will be at 3 months clean in 2 weeks, and I think i'm over the worst, and feel quite positive, but I wont let my guard down as I know it can take a while for everything to stabilize, my sights are set at 6 months as the next milestone.
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising