+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 days into quitting

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default 25 days into quitting

Hi I’m 37 and I’ve been smoking regularly for 10 years. I am on day 25 of my quit.

Here are my symptoms:

Getting super angry at the smallest things
    Doubting if my loved ones care about me
    Doubting if I love them
    Bad concentration
    No motivation
    Snapping at everybody
    No libido
    Erectile dysfunction
    anxiety during morning and at night
    Paranoia
    Mild Anhedonia
    Constantly hungry
    Weight gain
    Constipation
    Cravings
    Headaches

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

When will these symptoms improve. Thanks.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

HI
    First I have to congratulate you on your quit, Taking the first step and quitting is something to be proud of, and the first week is the hardest in my opinion.
    I too have experienced nearly all of the symptoms you mentioned, and more, apart from the Anxiety which dissipated 2 days after I quit, and was the main reason why I quit! Im 7+ weeks in, and had smoked for 25+ years, 20 years of which was full time blazing, Morning, noon and night.
    I can only speak from my experience but I treated each symptom separately, the headaches and cravings disappeared after 1 month, I found drinking 3 liters of water per day helps the headaches and constipation, exercise and yoga has helped the anger, constipation and depression, although I still have problems truly enjoying things/experiencing pleasure, 5-HTP has also helped lift my mood, but do your own research on this as there are a few interactions with other drugs to consider, the ED and loss of libido, well If I'm honest it has effected me in the first 6 weeks, but seems to be getting better although I don't have any girlfriend atm, so am still not sure how well things work. I'm hoping to find out soon Everyone is different and as remarkable as our bodies are, it can take a while for everything to get back to normal, especially after years of abuse, I am having problems now with my brain function, I'm hoping this will start to resolve its self soon. I'm also starting to realize that I'm having to deal with problems that have been masked by my using, very old issues and am searching for a councillor who can help.
    Try to take each day as it comes and find someone to confide in, as I have found this helps immensely, but choose wisely.
    Starting a thread on here can also help as there are people who have a wealth of experience and have been through the worst that quitting has to offer! I also look back and see how far I've come
    I wish I could help more
    Good luck
    Last edited by 25 year ex user; 06-08-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks for responding! Good to know i can look forward to feeling better. This irritability just seems neverending. Actually i would take the first week of withdrawal over this stage. Then it just seemed physical..now i just feel crazy. Day 26 now...lets see what 27 brings. Almost 4 weeks.

I think finding an outlet for your irritability/anger really helps ,whether that be a team sport, running, swimming, Yoga anything really, I have found that a decent swim allows me to channel my extra energy and am too tired to get irritated afterwards, yoga also helps immensely especially the breathing and sense of achievement after a decent class, and I surf too, so I can take out my frustrations on a wave, exercise really helps the mind, after 25 years of using cannabis to cope I'm lucky I had all these channels in place to help me deal with things. As hippy as it sounds, try some meditation, you can do it in private and no-one need know!!! There are plenty of guided meditations on Utube. I imagine, as you probably will, that I'm a Hippy surrounded by Joss sticks and flowers, this is far from the truth, but now I would never give up my Yoga and Meditations. My family can also tell If I haven't swum recently, due to my mood, I cant emphasize enough how important exercise is for recovery, as well as eating well and healthily!
    The first 3 months (from what I've read on here) are the worst for adjusting to life without cannabis, this is where most people re-use, but of course you will start to feel better, although I can't say when, everyone is different but look up neuroplasticity it will help you learn how the brain heals its self although you will have to help it on its course! after 1 month I personally did start to feel better physically but this is where the Mental problems started to come to the forefront, stick with it and take it one day at a time......

27 days today..thanks for responding...yes i think i might give yoga a try. Im disabled because of a herniated disc so i cant exercise as much as i want but i am doing some physical therapy. Maybe you can recommend some easy yoga i can do at home. i feel so run down and exhausted today preparing for a phone interview tomorrow and because of the withdrawal its really causing me anxiety. I used to have no trouble speaking but now i cant find the right words to express myself. Wish me luck.

Default You got it OP. All of your symptoms are normal

I'm 2.5 month sober. All of your symptoms are normal. My brain is finally clearing. Anxiety is something that still comes and goes, usually a couple days at a time, then good for a week or two. I was smoking 7 times a day for the last for months, so I was sky high for that time.

Just remember, you've got it.

With a bad back I wouldn't recommend any yoga unless you doctor says its ok, as I'm really only a student and not a teacher of yoga, I would say in the future that yoga may help your disc to recover fully and maybe get stronger to stop it happening again. Maybe write down some key words for the telephone interview, I'm struggling to get my words out ATM, but I think having something written down in front of you might make it easier and less stressful. I would try some meditation though to help with the symptoms, It can be frustrating at first, but can really give you some mental space, and time away from the psychological symptoms your experiencing! Things do get better though, so don't rush yourself. Time is the healer, so take it
    One day at a time.....

Hi guys. Thanks again for the support. I finally registered. Its been 30 days now. I wish i could say the symptoms have lessened, but i think my insomnia is getting worse. I tried melatonin but it doesnt work on me. Yesterday my anxiety was so bad i felt like my heart was about to explode. I got some exercise yesterday in physical therapy but it didnt help much.

At least i can sit through a movie now. While on pot, i couldnt concentrate enough to read a novel or watch a movie. Still havent started reading anything other than articles.

31 days now. I actually got some decent sleep last night. But I still sweat a lot at night..i think all the anxiety did a number on my immune system and now I feel like i have a slight cold. The anxiety this morning isnt as bad. Thanks everyone for the support.

I felt like I had a Cold/Fever for at least 1 month, and was sweating non stop, I did find the physical symptoms tailed off after the first month, although anxiety can cause sweating I felt mine was more like a detox sweat and my severe anxiety was only prominent when I was high, and was the main reason I quit! Make sure you drink lots of water to help with the flush, and to replace the fluids you loose from sweating! 31 days is 1 month in anyone's book, so a massive congratulations is in order!
    I can recommend 'you tubing' and reading articles related to addictive behaviors, its been a real eye opener for me and has re-enforced my will to stay off the Herb
    here's to the next month

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising