+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 days into quitting

Hi..i took a Sudafed so i feel better. My cravings for pot have almost disappeared, although im still bored and want a rush of dopamine somehow (still unable to get an erection so i havent been able to relieve myself in weeks) but the main problems for me are still anxiety restlessness and not being able to concentrate..not drinking though because i dont want to get addicted to something else. I distracted myself playing a little piano and cooking. Now that its evening i guess ill watch another movie.

I took your advice searching for addictive behaviors on youtube and i bookmarked some videos to watch later.

Ill post again tomorrow. I feel like that makes me accountable.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Well I think you have just provided a solution that will help. Piano, play that thing till your fingers bleed! Play Play Play, music is probably the best therapy that there is, so just play! I used to play bass, and will again when I buy one, but i've always wanted to be able to play the piano. I substitute by singing along somewhat badly to all my fav songs in my car where no-one can hear! Oh and regarding the 'flagpole' It can be side effect of quitting an addiction, also Cannabis can lower your Test and deplete you of vital minerals, as can the excessive sweating, maybe look in to supplementing some Magnesium and Zinc and vitamins, and some Tongkat Ali ROOT extract (make sure its Root) or Tribulus Terrestris extract will help your body regain its normal Testosterone levels, you tube them, They work ; )

Thanks for the advice about supplements. Ill look into it. I am taking a multivitamin every day but not sure if its helping. 32 days today. Last night i woke up covered in sweat panicking with my chest pounding. It took me a good hour or so before i could fall asleep again. My sinuses are a little better today but my chest is still hurting today. I tried walking outside a little bit buts its like 90 degrees outside.

Day 33...decided to list some positive changes since i quit. Who knows maybe it can help somebody else.

1. My breath smells great.
    2. Whiter teeth.
    3. My ears dont feel constantly stuffed
    4. When i am able to sleep, i wake up more refreshed.
    5. I can taste and smell better
    6. I can feel my lungs healing
    7. Im more aware of things
    8. My vision is sharper.
    9. Back pain has lessened a lot
    10. I can remember dreams
    11. Not coughing all the time

Day 34 today. Almost end of week 5! Woohoo! Yesterday was rough though. Physical symptoms were really bad. Dont know if i got food poisoning or if it was withdrawal. But i felt like throwing up and had diarrhea. Anxiety was really bad too. On top of that i went on facebook amd everybody was like "its the weekend. Smoking this blunt" and that kind of made me crave. I hope today is better..but i did wake up with a headache.

Hi Eroica,

Sorry to read about what you are going through. It really does suck! You are well into the journey at 34 days but it could take a lot longer to feel completely better. It came in stages for me. With setbacks. The PAWS rollercoaster is a real thing. But I am feeling much better these days and I'm sure you will too.

When you feel a cannabis crave coming on just tell yourself that using cannabis is no longer an option for you. Why would you put yourself back to the beginning when you have a solid month + of abstinence? The journey can be a long one but just take one day at a time or one hour at a time, as cliché as it might sound, but it helps the mind get through. Try to distract your mind from your symptoms and don't spend too much time focusing on when you will feel better. You will eventually but as I said, it could take a good chunk of time.

Hope this helps! Keep us updated.
    John

Day 35. Didnt get a good nights rest. Thats why im posting earlier than usual. Woke up with all kinds of negative thoughts. Thanks for the advice JWC..yes i tell myself cannabis is no longer an option for me but my mind keeps giving me excuses to use. Just this morning i actually thought...what if i die from a heart attack because im not using? Its ridiculous but i cant stop my mind from coming up with reasons to use. Good news is i didnt wake up with a headache. Ill try to take it one day at a time..i will not use today and not think about tomorrow.

Hi guys. Its day 36. I slept better last night. Compared to my other symptoms, my insomnia hasnt been that bad. But last evening i had flu like symptoms again..chills..some sweats..etc. i also had trouble concentrating when i was watching a movie so i couldnt finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
    Hi guys. Its day 36. I slept better last night. Compared to my other symptoms, my insomnia hasnt been that bad. But last evening i had flu like symptoms again..chills..some sweats..etc. i also had trouble concentrating when i was watching a movie so i couldnt finish it.
    Good for better sleep! Insomnia was always my worst problem.I would say your other symptoms sounds pretty typical. Are you excercising?

Hi John. Good to hear from you. Im kind of disabled because of a herniated disc and im in constant though varying levels of pain. (The coughing from smoking pot made my pain worse which is one of the reasons i quit. The smoke itself was also impeding the healing of my back by blocking blood flow to it) I do exercise in physical therapy and some light walking. Not able to jog yet. If i could travel and go out more that would help with my withdrawal but i cant yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising