+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A full year clean!

Desert Newt Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default A full year clean!

Wow, i finished my first year of sobriety after quitting cold turkey 8/25/2018.
    My health is definitely better, i've been enjoying everything i used to do stoned...completely sober now.
    No degradation in fun quality, and a new found freedom!

I had full medical checkups head to toe, still have some black specks in phlegm, those can take over a year to clear up i'm told.
    one of the CT Scans showed i have Emphysema,
    but i suppose many who smoke pot for 20 years will have the same.
    i experience no related limitations surfing, hiking, snowboarding, riding dirtbikes, etc.
    having said that i'm well into my 50's and aging is an ass-kicker!

Lot's of changes in my life over the last year have been tremendously stressful and depressing.
    but still no desire to return to marijuana in any form.
    I did dream last night that i got high, in my dream it seemed like no big deal.
    most dreams that can be remembered now are odd at best, but this was one of the few times i've dreamed of puffing!

I'm actually sleeping more and eating more than a year ago, probably put on 10lbs.
    at first, i lost weight, no sleep, you name it. it was a tough first 4 months.
    then i got wrapped up in selling my home, moving stuff, and snowboarding.

i just finished a surf trip, my first time surfing without being stoned before/after in 20 years!
    and you know what, it wasn't any less enjoyable!
    I laid around at the beach just as successfully as i ever did stoned!

I'll confess that passing through life stoned all the time was enjoyable, obliterating my troubles with weed, a complete escape!
    ALL DAY LONG, WAKE AND BAKE, Rosy tinted goggles.....everything looked swell.
    but the health issues i began to experience make me regret ever touching weed!

I've been able to analyze subtle but incorrect decision making as a result of 20 year addiction.
    Mostly related to money and 'clicking to buy when high'
    ....other impulsive actions which lead to criminal actions and jail time (one night at West Valley and lots of $$$, but hey, actually the food wasn't so bad!).

SO, HANG IN THERE FOLKS, YOU CAN DO IT, IT'S WORTH IT IN THE END!
    Sure life will/does/always may suck.......that's life...IT'S A TOUGH WORLD WE HAVE MADE!
    no solution but to suck it up and move on!
    find something you are passionate about and pursue it if you can, physical activities are best for me.
    Be around others that share same passion, find others to engage and talk with, it helps...like this site!
    I regret not having a M.A. to go to and share, i still might go find one.
    i'm still working on things and healing.......stopped playing guitar and still have yet to pick it up.
    something about being stoned always let me drift into music and singing and playing.....DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY?
    Still gotta find a new home, sold my long time home......squatting at brothers and travel trailer for time being.

OK, i didn't really edit it, so hope it doesn't come across the wrong way.
    Best Wishes, Peace,God Bless, namaste...
    ..formally pitownpi

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Thats awesome Desert Newt! Congrats and great to read your story. Im about 15 years younger than you but reading your list of physical activities i think its safe to say age is just a number and youre in much better shape than me. Lol

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising