+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long does cannabis withdrawal last

Default How long does cannabis withdrawal last

I have been addicted to drugs in one form or another since age 14. I am now 45. Age 14-17 I used cannabis, amphetamineso. Ltd. Mdma. I then went onto heroin and crack cocaine at 17-26. I came off heroine at 26 and started again by doing a degree. During this period 26-29 I became addicted to alcohol as it went with the university lifestyle, i.e partying etc. I then stopped this and went back to cannabis use, which I did every single day (quite heavily most days) for 16 years straight.
    I decided to quit on 1st Jan 2020 and I am now on day 26 without using. I have not used anything to help with withdrawal i.e sleeping tablets alcohol etc and have done it completely cold turkey.
    Days 1-7 I experienced extreme loss of appetite, poor sleep and mood swings. Days 7-14 these symptoms subsided and my appetite came back with a vengeance. My sleep settled and I thought great I'm over the worst. Not quite! Days 15 upto today day 26 I am experiencing extreme vivid dreams and really bad night sweats. I am waking up 4 am every morning soaked in sweat. I have tried managing this by leaving window open. Light bedding etc but isnt helping at all.
    My Q.. how long is this likely to go on for and have other quitters experienced anything similar??
    To those who are only just quitting i.e. days 1-7. Do not let this put you off. The rewarday are well worth the sweating! In the day time I feel amazing. Confident, happy, proud, more sociable, financillary the difference is huge! There are lots of positives. I have only craved smoking once around day 15 and this passed after an hour which tells me I'd had enough. This is the longest I have gone without drugs or alcohol in 30 years and it feels good. But these night sweats are concerning..how long are they likely to last?
    Any comments welcome and good luck people. May the force be with you (:

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    I have been addicted to drugs in one form or another since age 14. I am now 45. Age 14-17 I used cannabis, amphetamineso. Ltd. Mdma. I then went onto heroin and crack cocaine at 17-26. I came off heroine at 26 and started again by doing a degree. During this period 26-29 I became addicted to alcohol as it went with the university lifestyle, i.e partying etc. I then stopped this and went back to cannabis use, which I did every single day (quite heavily most days) for 16 years straight.
    I decided to quit on 1st Jan 2020 and I am now on day 26 without using. I have not used anything to help with withdrawal i.e sleeping tablets alcohol etc and have done it completely cold turkey.
    Days 1-7 I experienced extreme loss of appetite, poor sleep and mood swings. Days 7-14 these symptoms subsided and my appetite came back with a vengeance. My sleep settled and I thought great I'm over the worst. Not quite! Days 15 upto today day 26 I am experiencing extreme vivid dreams and really bad night sweats. I am waking up 4 am every morning soaked in sweat. I have tried managing this by leaving window open. Light bedding etc but isnt helping at all.
    My Q.. how long is this likely to go on for and have other quitters experienced anything similar??
    To those who are only just quitting i.e. days 1-7. Do not let this put you off. The rewarday are well worth the sweating! In the day time I feel amazing. Confident, happy, proud, more sociable, financillary the difference is huge! There are lots of positives. I have only craved smoking once around day 15 and this passed after an hour which tells me I'd had enough. This is the longest I have gone without drugs or alcohol in 30 years and it feels good. But these night sweats are concerning..how long are they likely to last?
    Any comments welcome and good luck people. May the force be with you (:
    Hi Ray

That is quite a story! You must feel so great to be substance free.

I used cannabis off and on from about 14 years old until about 32. Nowhere near any kind of habit. I did it recreationally and would go for long periods of time without using at all. But then around 32 I started using it more frequently. And basically ended up getting high most days for about 20 years, with a year and half break at about year 16. I loved being high.

But then I began to feel uneasy. Tired all the time and it seems like I was becoming really stupid. Extra forgetfull and sort of having wierd visions. For instance sometimes while driving I would look at an oncoming car and just visulaize it crashing into me head on. It was sort of disturbing. I also developed some anxiety and sleep problems.

So I quit cold turkey 2 years ago, January 1 2018. I had some of the symptoms you describe. I did not have the night sweats though. But so many people on here talk about having them. Seems like they eventually go away but could take some time. It sounds awful.

I will say that the process was definitely a roller coaster ride for me. Just when a symptom you are struggling with goes away, another one appears. It gets better progressively. I think around the 3 month mark I was over with many of the symptoms. Insomnia was my biggest lingering problem. I actually still have sleep issues. Not really sure if it's due to the cannabis use at this point or something else. Perhaps a little depression.

But I will say that I feel much better overall without cannabis. Working out regularly helped me quite a bit. I occasionally miss being high. But it is just not worth possibly going back to the terrible condition I was in when I quit.

Hang in there. Sounds like you've kicked a lot worse in your past.

John

I had really bad night sweats but they gradually diminished. By month 3 or 4 they pretty much stopped. Theres really nothing i found in my experience that lessened their intensity. For me they went hand in hand with the insomnia. As the insomnia improves so do the night sweats. Congrats on a month!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising