+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quitting During Lockdown

Default Quitting During Lockdown

I've just joined and this is my story.

I smoked a couple of joints as a teenager but was never really that interested. I'm 35 years old now and about 3 years ago I went through some stuff and have a chronic illness and thought weed might be the answer to some of my problems. I know I was wrong.

I started buying a little amount only smoking on days off. It then moved to every day after work. Within 6 months I was smoking it like tobacco. I earn enough money that I thought I could afford it. Again, I know I was wrong.

I've never made any serious attempts to quit. Taken a couple of tolerance breaks but for so long now, I hate the person I am and I am becoming. I want to quit.

Due to covid I made the decision weeks ago to move back to my hometown. Therefore, no hook ups, I haven't lived here since I was a teenager and dont have any connections for weed. I've finished the last of my stash and haven't smoked in 48 hours.

Ive got a banging headache, my appetite is gone, nausea is awful, night sweats are horrific and I feel totally on edge but also pretty bored and restless.

I'd smoke now if offered, not because of craving exactly, but more to stop feeling so lousy. Anyone else on the same boat or can give me some advice?

Hey there

Pretty interesting story.
    I guess it boils down to two options: Go look for a supplier in your new/old town or quit.

If you are interested in quitting I guess now is a good time for you to do it.
    It can be difficult with myriad uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. But they eventually go away. It can take weeks or months but gradually you will feel better.

I have not used cannabis in almost 2 and half years after 20+ years of using it. I am very happy to be on the other side of it and have zero interest in using it again.

Given your unforseen circumstance, maybe this is a good time for you to quit? :-)

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

All the best!
    John

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising