+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 days in goin cold turkey - extreme dizziness/nausea

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default 4 days in goin cold turkey - extreme dizziness/nausea

Hi guys just a bit background info on me, Iím 31 year old male. Smoked now and then due to the nature of my job for years until maybe 2 and a half years ago when I changed jobs and my fiancť fell pregnant. I donít know why but with the stress of everything going on I slipped into a more daily smoking routine. We moved from UK to Germany, as thatís where sheís from, about a year ago just after our daughter arrived so we could have a better family support network from her lovely family. Unfortunately Iíve struggled a lot more settling in with the language and culture differences than I could of ever imagined. Iím usually a confident outgoing guy who enjoys working out and basically challenging myself. Then I lost my dream job due to the corona situation and since then I started smoking heavy really bad, wake and baking. Being so lazy and uninterested. Got to the point where 4 days ago I just thought I need to stop this for the sake of my family especially my little girl who deserves more.

Since then Iíve had what Iím assuming are horrendous withdrawals. Literally have a horrible feeling of anxiety all the time, have been non stop dizzy/nauteous like vertigo, even when laying down the room feels a bit spiny and walking in a coordinated line (think police check one foot in front the other) is impossible. Appetite is gone, whereas before I could eat all day. Insomnia and sweating has been unbearable at times and when I do sleep itís almost as if I close my eyes then open them again feeling even more tired. Digestive problems and a slight ringing in my ears. Lost weight fast as well due to not being hungry and feeling sick.

I honestly did not know about CWS until I came back from the hospital last night after my fiancť took me to get checked over. Bloods where fine, 2 docs checked me over and want me back for an MRI and possible lumbar puncture to rule out anything nasty. Obviously I would like to avoid that. I didnít mention the cannabis use as I didnít want it on my records. My fiancť mentioned her friends partner and father both had similar to me after not smoking so here I am after a quick search on the internet.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I suppose Iím here for a bit of reassurance and would like to hear from any of you guys who have had similar symptoms, especially the dizziness as thatís scared the living daylights out of me. I was convinced I was dying until I found people with similar stories.

I know everyone is different but any tips on how to get through this and recover would be much appreciated. Any ideas on how long the dizziness can last?

Hey man! Congratulations on deciding to quit to better yourself and for your family. That is a huge step in itself. I'm almost to a month and one week myself. I was constantly smoking every day morning noon and night for over 10 years. The symptoms you are describing are pretty normal after quitting. I had no appetite for about two weeks after I quit.

I had dizziness and fatigue but I think that comes from not being able to eat or hold anything down. Try to eat small snacks when you can and drink as much water as possible. That will help you tremendously if you are able to. I also had really bad anxiety even before I quit smoking. It lasted after I quit for about 3 weeks. I take medication for anxiety because I have a severe case of it. However, I haven't taken the meds in a couple of days because I haven't felt the anxiety much.

My insomnia lasted for about 3 weeks also, yet my sleeping schedule is still out of wack because of it. I am sleeping a full 8 hours every night though. Try to keep your mind occupied. In my opinion, as bad as the withdrawal symptoms are, the real fight begins once they go away. You find yourself able to eat and sleep again, but you will still have cravings to smoke. You have to tell yourself that it isn't worth it and that you have chosen to not let yourself be controlled by it.

At this point after a month and one week, while I'm incredibly bored (video games and exercising really help), I feel a lot more clear minded and my depression is starting to fade. I still have cravings, but I know I can't let myself fall back down the rabbit hole. There is so much more to life than smoking weed and feeling a false sense of happiness. You will remember what true happiness is after a while.

When it's all said and done you will be very grateful you made the decision to stop. You will have a much clearer mind, your memory will bounce back like never before. You will have more funds to use for stuff for your family etc..
    Wishing you the best man!

-Sora

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi guys just a bit background info on me, Iím 31 year old male. Smoked now and then due to the nature of my job for years until maybe 2 and a half years ago when I changed jobs and my fiancť fell pregnant. I donít know why but with the stress of everything going on I slipped into a more daily smoking routine. We moved from UK to Germany, as thatís where sheís from, about a year ago just after our daughter arrived so we could have a better family support network from her lovely family. Unfortunately Iíve struggled a lot more settling in with the language and culture differences than I could of ever imagined. Iím usually a confident outgoing guy who enjoys working out and basically challenging myself. Then I lost my dream job due to the corona situation and since then I started smoking heavy really bad, wake and baking. Being so lazy and uninterested. Got to the point where 4 days ago I just thought I need to stop this for the sake of my family especially my little girl who deserves more.

Since then Iíve had what Iím assuming are horrendous withdrawals. Literally have a horrible feeling of anxiety all the time, have been non stop dizzy/nauteous like vertigo, even when laying down the room feels a bit spiny and walking in a coordinated line (think police check one foot in front the other) is impossible. Appetite is gone, whereas before I could eat all day. Insomnia and sweating has been unbearable at times and when I do sleep itís almost as if I close my eyes then open them again feeling even more tired. Digestive problems and a slight ringing in my ears. Lost weight fast as well due to not being hungry and feeling sick.

I honestly did not know about CWS until I came back from the hospital last night after my fiancť took me to get checked over. Bloods where fine, 2 docs checked me over and want me back for an MRI and possible lumbar puncture to rule out anything nasty. Obviously I would like to avoid that. I didnít mention the cannabis use as I didnít want it on my records. My fiancť mentioned her friends partner and father both had similar to me after not smoking so here I am after a quick search on the internet.

I suppose Iím here for a bit of reassurance and would like to hear from any of you guys who have had similar symptoms, especially the dizziness as thatís scared the living daylights out of me. I was convinced I was dying until I found people with similar stories.

I know everyone is different but any tips on how to get through this and recover would be much appreciated. Any ideas on how long the dizziness can last?
    Pushing my fourth week, and yes, I had 90% of what you are describing (it seems totally normal from my research) and I was probably a little more extreme, but really starting to feel good now. Finally!

I donít want to cover this forum with me repeating myself so check my other posts for more details, but my sense is this is in mostly gut related - bloating puts pressure in diaphragm etc, and the rest is body resetting itself. Small, bland meals, regularly, multi-vits, avoid sugar and heavy carbs, do short walks, milk before bed, and just take it really easy. I literally just re-watched about 30 of my favourite films last two weeks - distraction and entertainment really helps. Relax and before you know it youíll be feeling much better.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hey thanks for the reply I really appreciate you giving me your insight! Honestly I will never ever go back to that again I feel like itís robbed me of my time with my daughter and beat myself up about it all the time.

Just want that focus back that I seem to have dulled through abusing it.

How are you feeling now? More confident etc?

Thanks again and if anyone else would like to chip in please do

Hey man. Sorry, for some reason I thought I’d replied when I hadn’t! I’m honestly feeling so so much better i feel like a different person. It’s a little over a month now and I still have the odd bad day or two, but my worst days now are better than my best days a couple of weeks back. Sweats and achy joints are gone, but still a few gut issues and heart racing but they are very mild now by comparison. .

As for mood, I’ve got so much done in the last week. I really feel clean and refreshed and feel a drive to just get stuff done! I’d been putting off making a website for ages and I just sat down and smashed it out in three days (the lingering insomnia helped with that. ��*♂️

How are you getting on physically and mentally? I’m not sure where you are with your symptoms but one thing I realised for myself in the last week is don’t overdo it on the good days. The body is still under pressure on some level and I think acting like normal and eating normally all of a sudden can set you back the next day.

Like you I’m nursing a fair few regrets, but I think that’s good. Hold onto them. We aren’t going to be making the same mistake twice and it’s a good reminder of what really matters!

P.s. Dont let the Germans lack of humour get you down: youtu.be/9miLGPXBs4w

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising