+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack of emotion/can't cry

Fran Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Lack of emotion/can't cry

I'm 3 months into quitting weed cold turkey, I had been smoking heavily for 4 years (I'm 23 now) smoking around a quarter to half a gram of shatter a day. Quit because I was starting to have daily panic attacks/ couldn't get high anymore. The first week or two of quitting was hellish I couldn't eat or sleep, but then it got better and was pretty good for 2 months. But for the past few weeks I've noticed this very empty feeling at my core, not much gets me excited or sad. I sleep a lot because I genuinely feel happier in my sleep, and I feel like I would feel a while lot better and have some sense of catharsis if I could cry but I can't seem to. I know this sounds strange but I just want guidance on how to be able to cry again?

Default Brain stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    I'm 3 months into quitting weed cold turkey, I had been smoking heavily for 4 years (I'm 23 now) smoking around a quarter to half a gram of shatter a day. Quit because I was starting to have daily panic attacks/ couldn't get high anymore. The first week or two of quitting was hellish I couldn't eat or sleep, but then it got better and was pretty good for 2 months. But for the past few weeks I've noticed this very empty feeling at my core, not much gets me excited or sad. I sleep a lot because I genuinely feel happier in my sleep, and I feel like I would feel a while lot better and have some sense of catharsis if I could cry but I can't seem to. I know this sounds strange but I just want guidance on how to be able to cry again?

I can't relate to feeling completely numb, but I have had a lot of trouble finding pleasure in anything. Everything seems profoundly boring now. Just the other day I was purposely watching videos on YouTube, emotional scenes from movies and such just to force myself to cry for some sort of release. I think that the constant pleaure stimulation we did to our brains rewired them to expect it. I'm 3+ months now too, and now that we've recovered enough for the shock to subside, we are left in a situation where nothing can stimulate us enough to reach what we've conditioned ourselves to see as normal. Our brains will continue to rewire and recover. Its just going to take a lot more time

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising