+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The long road

Default The long road

Well here I am trying to quit weed again after so many failed attempts.
    Iím 6 days clean, itís been absolute hell, lots of paranoia, depression, anxiety, sweating, anger and confusion.
    Iím so annoyed I didnít stick with it in the past as Iíd be way better by now.
    I need to quit this though as marijuana was really screwing me up, even though I feel worse now I know that in the long run I should be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Well here I am trying to quit weed again after so many failed attempts.
    Iím 6 days clean, itís been absolute hell, lots of paranoia, depression, anxiety, sweating, anger and confusion.
    Iím so annoyed I didnít stick with it in the past as Iíd be way better by now.
    I need to quit this though as marijuana was really screwing me up, even though I feel worse now I know that in the long run I should be better off.
    Hey there my friend,

Good to see your post. But not so good to read of your current situation. Sorry to read this.
    I went back and reread some of your thread from last year--the ones where Alice and I hijacked your thread.

So last year you talked about a lot of stress in your life and this was a reason for starting cannabis back up. Has any of the stress improved?

As you know, these withdrawal symptoms really do suck. You did quit for 3+ months last time though, which is a good chunk of time. Do you think you can swing that again at least?

Good for you for being back here. Hang in there! One day at a time.
    John

Hi Thisisme373 -
    I can relate. My first week I was counting the minutes, hoping to feel better. The symptoms seemed unbearable. But looking over some of your previous threads, I see you've abstained from smoking for nearly four months before, so you know the strength you need is in there.
    As for me, it took awhile, but I struggled through. I got to the point where I stopped counting the minutes. And after a few days, I didn't need to count the hours.
    Today I'm 19 weeks weed free. But really, I look at it as 130 days, because I'm still counting the days (and marking them on the calendar). But hopefully sometime soon, my life will continue to correct itself and I can start counting the months. But I believe it's all in increments. And even if I can get to counting the months (ideally, counting the years!) I remember how hard this was and how easy it is to slip back into that green security blanket of weed, and I remember having to count the minutes. Keep progressing and stay strong, my friend!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Hi JCW & gateway 👍
    Iíve still got some stresses in my life but the job situation is better, work is ok although itís very tough while Iím like this but still got to work, did you guys manage to work ok while in first weeks of quitting? Itís certainly a challenge!
    My plan is to quit for good! I donít wanna go through this crap again itís horrible.
    Good to hear from you John, and congrats on 19 weeks weed free gateway 👍
    Im obviously early on in the real bad stage, from what I recall things improved a bit after like 16-18 days, with me itís also the nicotine so Iíve been through hell this first 8 days, Iím so annoyed I ever touched weed, people glorify it but I think it can be really bad in long term use, from my experience and as we know coming off it is not so easy & really puts you through the ringer!
    Iíve bought a load of vitamins & supplements today to hopefully make the withdrawals not as bad!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising