+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terrfied to stop

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Terrfied to stop

Hey everyone I'm 21 and never reached out for help anywhere. I have been using weed for about 3 years everyday to cope with my anxiety but lately its been causing much more. My tolerance is really high and I get really bad withdrawl symptoms if I don't smoke all day, so I cant imagine not smoking for more than a day because it would be way worse. I went on a vacation with my family last year and couldn't smoke and for the whole week I slept a handful of hours and was throwing up and crying randomly and having panic attacks. Im not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or has before. Also I smoke between 1 and 3 grams a day, which I feel like is a lot but I have tried to quit multiple times and failed. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey everyone I'm 21 and never reached out for help anywhere. I have been using weed for about 3 years everyday to cope with my anxiety but lately its been causing much more. My tolerance is really high and I get really bad withdrawl symptoms if I don't smoke all day, so I cant imagine not smoking for more than a day because it would be way worse. I went on a vacation with my family last year and couldn't smoke and for the whole week I slept a handful of hours and was throwing up and crying randomly and having panic attacks. Im not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or has before. Also I smoke between 1 and 3 grams a day, which I feel like is a lot but I have tried to quit multiple times and failed. Any advice is highly appreciated.
    Hey there,

Well, sounds pretty serious.

It also sounds like you might need some professional help, such as therapy and some rehab help. If you don't know where to turn, maybe you could start with your doctor.

Otherwise, I would suggest weaning yourself down on the amount you are using for a start.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

It will be tough but it is worth it!

Good luck and hang in there!
    John

Default Welcome

Welcome man, glad you are reaching out

Man, that takes me back, Yeah I remember that sh*t. It is scary to try to quit when weed became my best friend,
    then to complicate things it stops working the way it used to and I got to smoke more to keep up or switch. I mean,
    I can only really speak for myself, yet once I got to the point where the effect does not work the way it once did I would
    start searching out other substances.
    And it is really the same thing when I switch to other substances to try to get to the place I need to get to....such as
    cocaine, whisky.....narcotics. Oddly enough, of those substances I could never stop habitually smoking weed, which is unusual when
    I consider that all it was doing for me at the end was making me paranoid but yet I would still cling on to it.

I have to have that feeling of being ok and I can either get that from drink/weed or I can work the recovery circuit and try to do the spiritual experience thing. It is funny, when I first went to rehab, I had all these ideas about the way that "those people" - the drunks and addicts are; then after living through it many of them became my friends.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising