+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quitting weed and cigarettes, this is hell

Default Quitting weed and cigarettes, this is hell

Hi all

I've recently stopped smoking weed and cigarettes, this came around as I was getting bad headaches while smoking. It was almost like electricity in my head, I told myself enough was enough.

I'm 21 and been smoking since I was 15, it started out as a 10 bag every couple days, up until the last 2 or so years it's been about a gram or even 2 a day.

The withdrawals include extreme anxiety, blood pressure has risen, tension headaches, no appetite, weakness, dizziness, brain fog

I'm just worried, I've never experienced anything like this
    I know quitting both at the same time might not have been the best choice, but it's been a week and the withdrawals aren't really getting any better.

I don't feel like I want to smoke at all, because of the way I feel. That's what's spooking me out because I would have thought withdrawals would only really be bad if I'm still craving it, which I do t feel like I am.

Just need some reassurance more than anything

Thank you in advance

Default Getting there I think

It's now been I think 2 weeks, might be a bit over

A lot of the very horrible symptoms have cleared up at this point, I'm not longer getting the electric zaps, headaches are minimal, still feel very lethargic and down though, almost like I have no idea what to do with myself, body aches some days and the cravings are coming on hard now. Anxiety hasn't really let up, but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel now.

Water and multivitamins seem to have helped massively, especially ones with vitamin b and magnesium.

I'm staying strong and hanging in there

It's now been 21 days

And although my body feels better, my head definetly doesn't.

I am still dizzy, and sleeping a lot. Like on the last post, a lot of the horrible stuff has cleared but the thing that was bothering me the most was the lightheadedness and the dizziness.
    I feel I can't do anything but lay in bed, I really want this to stop now. It got to the point the other night where I really thought about just smoking again, I stopped myself but in my head, it'll stop if I smoke.

I'm anxious, irritable and just not fun to be around at the moment. I wish I had never smoked

Heed this advice, please stop if you are still smoking, nothing good can come of it.

Will update again in a week or so

This isn't easy

It's a month tomorrow since I quit smoking and drinking caffeine.

My body has been put through its paces for sure, I've had numerous blood tests and they have all came back fine.

Doctor says it's probably because my body was so used to substance abuse.

My head is still heavy and I'm dizzy most days, I have some good days in-between then feels like I go back to square one.

My blood pressure is slowly coming back down to normal, and I don't crave smoking at all.
    I feel Ive got to the point where my mind and body absolutely hate the thought of smoking again as if I ever wanted to quit, I'd have to do this all over again.

I do feel a lot better, but at the same time I feel pretty shocking, I feel this is going to take me a long time to feel "normal" again

Will update again soon

Default A month and a week

Hi all

Feeling much better this week, but the headaches are still here. Got a lot more energy and getting about, but my blood pressure is stuck at about 145/85
    I was put on a medication called propanalol and although it lowered my BP, it made my heart rate drop rapidly, causing it to sit at about 42bpm
    Doctors were worried about a heart rate that slow so I'm back off them
    Got another appointment soon to talk about other options, but I do see a light at the end of this tunnel now.

It really has been so difficult

I'm hoping some are reading this and I'm able to at least ease your mind, it gets easier.

No cravings at all, and feeling pretty good. Just now got to tackle the headaches

I'll update in another week

Hey Nate

Congratulations on quitting!

Sorry to read you are going through a rough time. Sounds like typical withdrawal stuff. It is not easy but it will slowly get better. You are really still pretty early in your quit. It sounds like you are beginning to have better days. It can be a roller coaster ride--a few good days and then some bad ones reappear. Hang in there and the saying, "One Day at a Time" is a good one!

Excercise really helped me a lot. I swam laps and then ended up joining a gym (hard to do now with covid). But any aerobic activity you can do should help you along. And I suspect will help get that blood pressure in check.

At the end of this month, it will be 3 years since I used cannabis, after about 20 years of fairly regular use. I am in a much better place than I was before.

So hang in there my friend! It might take a while but it will get better!

All the best
    John

Default Hey Nate019

I found your posts relatable and reassuring at the same time. Would love to know how you're doing now?

I haven't stopped smoking completely yet, but my doctors and I suspect I've given myself chronic gastritis from smoking for the last ten years. And these symptoms alone are the worst thing to ever happen to me. I've dropped significantly the amount I smoke because I'm so ill I actually can't even be bothered. I get nausea, dizziness, confusion, irritability, fever, acidic stomach, anemia, panic attacks and anxiety.. and on top of that I'm trying to get off weed and battle agoraphobia induced from the 7 month lock down here in Melbourne.
    It's so hard. Reading posts like yours who are further ahead than I am makes me feel better. At the moment I feel like I have no purpose (I had to quit my job because of all this), so that makes things even harder.
    Todays a better day though. I've managed to get out of bed, eat breakfast and lunch, go for a little walk, laugh a bit. And when I started up a weed vape, I put it down half way.

the little wins

Default Sorry it's been a while

Quote Originally Posted by withdub View Post
    I found your posts relatable and reassuring at the same time. Would love to know how you're doing now?

I haven't stopped smoking completely yet, but my doctors and I suspect I've given myself chronic gastritis from smoking for the last ten years. And these symptoms alone are the worst thing to ever happen to me. I've dropped significantly the amount I smoke because I'm so ill I actually can't even be bothered. I get nausea, dizziness, confusion, irritability, fever, acidic stomach, anemia, panic attacks and anxiety.. and on top of that I'm trying to get off weed and battle agoraphobia induced from the 7 month lock down here in Melbourne.
    It's so hard. Reading posts like yours who are further ahead than I am makes me feel better. At the moment I feel like I have no purpose (I had to quit my job because of all this), so that makes things even harder.
    Todays a better day though. I've managed to get out of bed, eat breakfast and lunch, go for a little walk, laugh a bit. And when I started up a weed vape, I put it down half way.

the little wins
    Hi all

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted, hope you've all had a good Christmas and New year.

To answer your question, I'm doing A LOT better now. It was like a switch, one day I just wasn't dizzy anymore, I'm now starting my own business and doing pretty well with it. I'm in a new relationship and things are just so much happier in general.
    Little wins is how I got to this point as well, and I hope you're still making progress on your journey. Remember that you aren't alone and the things you are feeling are completely normal, I still have the odd day where I'm not 100% but there's a lot more good than bad days now.
    Quitting was the best thing I ever did, it's helped me get my life back on track

And I'm so glad that reading my posts helped, that was my goal. This website is amazing and I thank it for getting me through some of the hardest days.

Keep at it and stay strong

Nate

Great to hear, Nate!
    Really glad you feeling much better and sounds like things are looking up for you!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

John

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising