+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I quit marijuana cold turkey, literally.

Port Talbot Guy Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default I quit marijuana cold turkey, literally.

Boxing Day 2020 and I was up out of bed at 3am for a munch on the leftover turkey followed by vaping a few grams, something dawned on me, Iím slow on the uptake obviously but I realised this is not normal. I am nearly 50 and have been smoking since my teenage years and for the last 4 years I have been vaping rather than smoking, the quantity I was vaping increased too as I started a micro grow with 4 crops a year.

Anyway, I quit there and then. I had about 12 ounces on hand at the time and decided to get rid of it and my seeds so temptation is gone. I have not had a vape since Boxing Day which was 15 days ago and it has been an absolute nightmare since. I cannot sleep more than a few hours a night, canít get a hard on, eating is functional rather than enjoyable. My anxiety is through the roof, I am worrying about everything. I just watched a nature documentary about lampreys which swim up the river wye then spend all their energy building a gravel area to spawn before they die, I was overcome with emotion and felt like crying.

To add to the grief we are in lockdown again so that is a magnifier of anxiety and the cherry on top is that I was given my notice at work, a job I have held for 11 years is gone due to coronavirus. I am currently off work as my employer let me have the months paid notice period off from feb 1 I am officially unemployed, I did not see this coming when I quit and got rid of my stash, good job really because I would of needed that crutch.

Anyway, Iím waffling. Just want to say that cannabis withdrawal is real, do not doubt it. Nightmares, waking up after minutes of sleep covered in sweat even though it was -3 last night. Terrible diarrhoea and farting hundreds of times a day. No energy one minute and buzzing the next. Mood swings and being sentimental about silly things.

I never thought it would end like this. Thank you for listening..

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Stick with it.

Stick with it. Things will get better. It's hard quitting in your 50s after smoking since your teens. I know how you feel.
    It's not too late and it's still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Port Talbot Guy View Post
    Boxing Day 2020 and I was up out of bed at 3am for a munch on the leftover turkey followed by vaping a few grams, something dawned on me, Iím slow on the uptake obviously but I realised this is not normal. I am nearly 50 and have been smoking since my teenage years and for the last 4 years I have been vaping rather than smoking, the quantity I was vaping increased too as I started a micro grow with 4 crops a year.

Anyway, I quit there and then. I had about 12 ounces on hand at the time and decided to get rid of it and my seeds so temptation is gone. I have not had a vape since Boxing Day which was 15 days ago and it has been an absolute nightmare since. I cannot sleep more than a few hours a night, canít get a hard on, eating is functional rather than enjoyable. My anxiety is through the roof, I am worrying about everything. I just watched a nature documentary about lampreys which swim up the river wye then spend all their energy building a gravel area to spawn before they die, I was overcome with emotion and felt like crying.

To add to the grief we are in lockdown again so that is a magnifier of anxiety and the cherry on top is that I was given my notice at work, a job I have held for 11 years is gone due to coronavirus. I am currently off work as my employer let me have the months paid notice period off from feb 1 I am officially unemployed, I did not see this coming when I quit and got rid of my stash, good job really because I would of needed that crutch.

Anyway, Iím waffling. Just want to say that cannabis withdrawal is real, do not doubt it. Nightmares, waking up after minutes of sleep covered in sweat even though it was -3 last night. Terrible diarrhoea and farting hundreds of times a day. No energy one minute and buzzing the next. Mood swings and being sentimental about silly things.

I never thought it would end like this. Thank you for listening..
    Hi Port Talbot Guy

Well, going cold turkey while eating cold turkey at 3 a.m. Quite fitting!

It sounds like you are really having a rough go of it. Withdrawal is definitely real and can really suck and be a big challenge. Your symptoms seem typical as I'm sure you have read about on here. Digestion issues, anxiety, and insomnia. I had all of these when I quit 3 years ago, after a solid 20 years of use. I was just a month shy of 52 when I quit. I did not have night sweats but I was really cold at night--I would wrap up in several blankets, wear multiple layers of clothing and a hat.

You will get better. It could take a while. You have been using cannabis for a long time so your body is very used to having it. But over time, it will get used to not having it.

You didn't talk a whole lot about it, but it does seem like you have a fair amount of resolve about quitting. You got rid of your stash and it seems like a light sort of went on in your head when you realized "this is not normal". Keep that in my mind if you ever start to think about using again. Reach out for help if you need to. Your doctor or a therapist. Marijuana Anonymous helped me quite a bit for a time. There happens to be a meeting here in my tiny California beach town, but they have a website as well. This website has also been (and continues to be) very helpful and a great resource of information and personal experiences. Keep your mind and body busy. Hopefully you will be able to collect unemployment.

So ya, definitely stick with it. It will get better and it really is worth it. I am so happy to not have cannabis as part of my life any longer. I feel so much better.

All the best
    Keep us updated on your progress
    John

Port Talbot Guy Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default 22 Days in.

And it is still really tough. I am light headed and getting dizzy spells by day and not sleeping at night. My anxiety is through the roof and I seem to of forgotten who I am. I canít remember what I like doing in my spare time as I have always been heavily stoned and none of the things I enjoyed while stoned I enjoy now I am sober.

I am trying to reinvent myself but I lost my job over Xmas and we are in lockdown so the days and nights seem to blend in to one, I am awake for hours each night and struggling to stay awake all day. The lockdown restrictions coupled with the fact I havenít left the house to work in weeks are a nightmare.

Money is getting tight and nobody is recruiting anxiety laden zombies so it seems like I am in a spiral of doom.

Best thing I did was getting rid of my stash as I would of gone back to the vape by now, I have also taken apart my grow room so it is beyond use and anyway it would take 4 months to get a crop to a consumable state.

I donít know why Iím writing this but I just wanted to do an update, I will hopefully return with better news in time.

Letís hope this gets easier soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising