Hi Everyone,

I wanted to come back here and share my experience in the hope I can help other people get through the withdrawal experience.

Firstly, I would like to show you my post when I was 48 days sober:

“ The never ending cycle
It is day 48 for me today.

Where do I start, this has undoubtedly been the hardest exeperience of my life. I smoked daily for 3 years. I have never experienced any sort of mental health issues until I decided to put an end to my marijuana addiction. The first days and weeks were scary to say the least. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, night sweats; the whole lot.

I am young, fit and very healthy by scientific standards, but I feel like I have completely lost myself with these withdrawals. I have good and bad days and I question if I actually have mental health problems which scares me more than anything.

Today is one of those bad days, my partner has noticed my loss of motivation and depression. Please, if anyone could help that would be great. “

As you can see, I was incredibly scared, vulnerable and anxious.

I have learned SO much about myself since I quit.

Here’s what you need to know:

It will get better, I know it seems so hard to believe that right now, I didn’t either. The anxiety makes everything seem like it will never end. It will end.

People are wrong, Marijuana withdrawal is just as intense as every other drug. It’s okay to be feeling the way you do.

You have been using marijuana to numb feelings for a long period of time. It’s natural for these feelings to come to the surface after we quit. Be kind to yourself and try not to judge yourself so harshly.

Be open about how you feel to the people you love, there is no shame in admitting what you’re going through. This helps take the pressure off.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

The cravings become less intense.

There is nothing wrong with you.

You do not need weed to enjoy life.

An amazing book that helped me immensely:

‘I want to change my life- Steven Melemis.’ Please read this if you’re really struggling. It totally changed my perspective.

Learning to meditate, also breathing techniques like Wim Hof and cold showers also helped me. Try and exercise when you can.

When you feel that fear coming, try and welcome it and thank it for protecting you. Without fear, you wouldn’t of had the motivation to quit. The more you try and resist the more it takes over.

Try to avoid over compensating with alcohol. This will only lead to more issues that you have come so far to overcome.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you need. All I wanted during my experience was validation from someone who had been through it and came out the other side.