+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: What to do if you feel like using cannabis

I just finished smoking my last joint about an hour ago and i've since signed up and posted 3 times on here. Reading all of your accounts and being reminded of a life bigger than a cloud of smoke. How do you deal with the rush of emotional backlog that comes with wasting the last X amount of years of your life? Where am I going to get my joy from now?

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Tough questions and issues to deal with for all of us who have to go through this process and I guess sometimes the answers and coping mechanisms can be different for us all, as well as sometimes the same.

Wasted years are just that and will never come again and I guess that's something we all have to come to terms with in our own way but at least the sooner you start the process the less time you waste of the time you have left and the only real way to deal with any of it is one day at a time and in time you do come to terms with and learn to deal with these issues but like I say it does take time, Rome was not built in a day, so again at the risk of being a little cliché just try and take it day by day and feel free to come and share here if you find it helps.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

Thank you so much CRA. I am struggling at the moment. My mind goes through this deluded cycle after i've decided to quit in throwing up any arguments that support me continuing to smoke. i think about how other people can use and not have any issues, maybe marijuana isn't the source of all my issues, or making my life worse and that all I need is a little break. In a moment of clarity i realise that i've run this experiment to see if marijuana enhances my life in any way but can clearly see that it's taken way more away from me than it ever gave me. I've gone through the pain of getting sober twice in 2 years now, the first time resulting in 9 months clean and a complete turnaround of my life and the second time was q1 of this year, where i reached 3 months and then felt like I could reward myself and use it on my own terms. Why do I delude myself like that? There has never been a time i've used and it's not escalated to all day, everday. I have reached the point in my smoking career that I smoke to be normal so to be a sober me feels sooo freaking hard, i'm wracked with social anxiety, i feel low in myself, i self loathe, i feel trapped.

Does it get better? What can I do to help myself? Are there any other threads other than sticky must reads that have made an impact on you that may help me?
    Last edited by One; 10-11-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Hi One,

I understand perfectly how you feel when you say that you smoke to be normal. I do that too and feel trapped just like you do. You have done 9 months without smoking, that is amazing. That means that you know you can do abstinence.

Weed addiction, for me, is all mental although I get the usual physical withdrawal symptoms. (anger, nightmares, anxiety,...) When I have it in my head that I'm going to smoke up, there's not much that can stop me. Since being high has become my normality, containing my thoughts and NOT rationalizing my smoking has been pretty much impossible. If you find answers on how to occupy your mind when it wants to "decide" to get high, please share. From everything I read here, it gets better.
    Quitting feels most days like a huge mountain. How to conquer it and stop starting over?

Good luck to all on your journeys

TTMO

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Need 2 Quit

Hello!!

I moved to Colorado for a promotion last year. Before moving here I would smoke occasionally, but not often because it wasnt super easy to get.

Since moving here though it is so easy to get that it became a daily routine of smoking, and as time went by i found that i could barely make it to noon before lighting up and then would be stoned all day and night until i fell asleep.

I love weed, but when i was stoned this last friday night I had an intense feeling that i need to stop, its really getting out of control! Then on Saturday I did not smoke at all, but was a total asshole to my family and felt horrible about it. Sunday was good, but i did end up taking one hit from a full one hitter that was sitting on my workbench in the garage.

Today was ok, but stressful which made it hard not to light up...especially when I still have weed in the house, but i made it through the day and kept myself busy with work.

I do need to just quit though, its not worth it. I have a company car and a great job where I usually work from home; but if im ever in a car accident, even if its not my fault, they will drug test me the same day and I would lose my job, my car, probably my house and wife for being so selfish.

I love Colorado but it is difficult to quit when there are dispensaries everywhere and everyone I know smokes!

Also, Im SO bored now and i dont feel interested in anything since Ive stopped. Movies/Tv, my motorcycle project, sex, food...nothing sounds "fun" right now. I also suffer from anxiety and depression, so im sure thats not helping things!

Im thankful that i found this forum, great tips on making it through! Thank You!!

Hi there

I must say, I do admire you for taking steps to break the hold that cannabis has on your life. Especially in such difficult circumstances when it is freely available and when people around you are smoking it.

I am actually not sure about the legalisation of cannabis for that reason. It can be nice and quite harmless in the beginning, when you can smoke it occasionally, but like you, I went from occasionally smoking it, to smoking it every day, and it can have some seriously negative effects on your life!

It is understandable that you feel aggravated and antsy at the moment. It comes with the withdrawal, but it shouldn't last too long. I definitely think that keeping busy is the best plan, and I know that boredom is a real problem in the first month or so when you are giving up. I wonder if reading more on this forum, posting more, or reading more about cannabis addiction on the internet would help you to both distract yourself and get into the right mindset.

I think you have good reasons for quitting, and it is good to write these down, because you can refer back to them, when you start to forget how important it is to you to quit.

It is hard when nothing feels good, but if you can manage to distract yourself, this will pass relatively quickly.

I can imagine that the temptation is going to be strong when it is so freely available. I guess it will just require you to be more strong in your values and yourself. I managed to quit cigarettes, when I could have easily gone and bought some more, and I did it by getting into a really strong mindset, where I was absolutely convinced of both my power to quit and my resolution never to smoke again. The best tool I found for developing that mindset was to join a forum like this (but for cigarettes) and to spend my time reading other people's quit stories and posting about my own experiences with my quit.

If you support others and continually reinforce your belief and values that this is the right thing to do, then you will grow stronger every day, and when the icky withdrawal symptoms pass, (and they will), you will be left with a great strength and mindset.

The good news is that when you get through this tough bit at the beginning, you will start to see some huge benefits of being weed free. I would think it is likely that your anxiety and depression will improve, and I also know that people often report better social skills, concentration, cognitive skills and happiness. Quite apart from that, you are not putting your job and relationships at risk by driving under the influence, so I hope that you can find some ways to distract yourself from the initial boredom, and persist with this.

So good luck! Post whenever you need to, we are here for you!!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Hi

Hey there, about 14 years ago my BFF died and I spent the next year on my bed crying and smoking and telling myself that it was fine to smoke everyday because was fine becauze pot's not addictive and I'm stronger than that. But, obviously I was wrong because here I am... I used to just smoke casually at parties for fun, and then I used it to help manage my grief, and for the past several years I've not been able to get to sleep without it. I've tried a million times to just go cold turkey but that's a joke that has never worked. I live alone and I get lonely, pot is like a friend does that make sense? It's part of my identity. It's medicine and I love it but I'm tired of the side effects. And by tired I mean I'm exhausted all the freaking time, and I really hate being dependent on anything. I literally can't sleep without it and I'm always tired in the morning. I want to be clear headed again, that's really the thing, and my motivation is down the drain.
    So what's the first step to quitting? How do I deal with the impending loneliness?
    Thanks!

Hi there,

I am so sorry for your loss. It must have been so hard to lose your best friend. It sounds like you have inadvertently become addicted to cannabis, and now you are finding it hard to sleep without it. If you have not had success with quitting cold turkey, perhaps you could try another method like cutting down gradually? I had a lot of success with cutting back to smoking after 5 pm each day and then eventually skipping days. I found this workable because of the way my life is structured. I work during the day and so it made sense to not smoke during the day and smoke when I finished work. Skipping days was good too because even though my sleep was disrupted on those days it made me realise that I could live without it, until I quit completely in March 2016. Do you think that something like this might help you too?

For the sleep issues, I have found that other people have had a some succes with melatonin, which is a natural supplement that can help to balance your sleep cycles. I would also suggest that you ensure you don't have any nutritional deficiencies, such as magnesium, as this can affect your anxiety levels. When I first tried to quit all those years ago, I found that my anxiety would go through the roof, until I found a great magnesium supplement (bioceuticals - muscle eze) and took that for a year or so. This really reduced my anxiety.

I know exactly what you mean about the side effects of cannabis use. It is understandable that you are exhausted all the time, and that you want to stop. I found that it affected my social relationships too and my capacity to connect. But I definitely found that after being quit for about 6 weeks, I noticed that my clarity and focus and capacity to engage in complex problem solving was much more improved. It is nice to still notice some benefits from being quit. I mostly notice improvements in close personal relationships.

I know that you said that cannabis is your friend and you are worried about loneliness. Perhaps if you were smoking less you would feel less need to hermit yourself away, and you might want to get out and make real connections with new people. I find that meetup.com can be a great way of meeting new friends and making connections.

I wish you the very best of luck. I think the best thing you can do is keep posting and keep reflecting on your addiction. It will help to get you into the right mindset and give you the tools you need to succeed.

Good luck!
    Alice

I usually try to work out and find something to do.. I also pitched a product that was on audio that I listened to that help out a lot. I’m 8 months free. I wish everyone the best here u can do it.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising