+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: What to do if you feel like using cannabis

Adubz Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Help is here

Hey, I have been in your shoes a couple of times and here are some tips. First of all, regarding sleep! One benefit of the covid quarantine is that we typically have few responsibilities that require sleep and our undivided attention. Accept a lack of sleep for the first two to three weeks and remind yourself that during this time you can afford to be more tired and less rested. The dreams will be intense but that will fade, and slowly your sleep will return. If you are tossing and turning, get up and do any simple task such as reading or wash some dishes. Exercise is critical. It will help alleviate the potential for night sweats and hot flashes when you go to sleep. I believe (if I remember correctly) this is your body flushing out your system. Exercise also helps with the irritation and mood swings. I'm sure you know all this but it is worth reinforcing. Regarding exercise, it doesnt have to be crazy, but enough that you can do it every day and work up a real sweat. Do things on your personal level, but make it count. My one bit of not obvious advice is to set a marker of 3 weeks. Accept a tough 3 weeks and focus your attention on that. Thinking ahead months and years can be daunting (I call this the new years resolution bullshit) and useless. You can do anything for 3 weeks. I'll keep an eye on this post. You got this!

Daily exercise can increase your energy levels. Do it one step at a time.

Default day 1

Today is my first day again... Iíve tried and failed to quit a handful of times but Iíve always slipped back into habit within a week. Itís not even 8am and iíve been up for hours (not by choice). Almost every morning no matter how much sleep I get, I wake up extremely early feeling super sick and just have to wait it out for a few hours. Itís miserable. While iím not certain this has to do with my marijuana addiction, it seems to be related because I never had this issue before I started smoking habitually. Either way, marijuana has taken over my life and I need to take control again. This is my first time quitting without having weed readily available to me so hopefully thatíll make a difference. Iím not sure what the point of this post is other than to vent but it really helps to talk about it and read about other people going through the same thing. We can do this!!

Hey guys.Ive been smoking for 10 years. Ever since I was 15; I'm now 25 and I have been sober for 3 and a half months. I quit at the beginning of the Corona virus epidemic.I feel the sobriety not getting any easier. Weed is always on my mind. I keep justifying smoking by telling myself 'bob Marley or Snoop dog' or so on smoke/d and their fine. Being sober has made me realize how much damage ive done to myself. The reason I quit was because 1 night I had the most disturbing thoughts about harming my family. Ive always had disturbing thoughts and was able to brush it away but this 1 night I couldn't get over it. I had a panick attack and I quit the next day. It's weird;it was as if a switch went off in my head and I started reacting bad towards the high. Does anyone have any similar experience? I've read somewhere that it's ocd but its strange how this changed my life all of a sudden. I loved weed but now hate it so much for making me feel that way. The worst thing is that I still feel like I can relapse and go back to it. Thanks for reading this. I wish you guys the best on your struggle.

Default Me too

Hi all, but especially LifeChanger -
    I'm heading into the third month of sobriety myself, and your withdrawal symptoms, or more accurately, the reasoning behind quitting, resonated with me. I had been wanting to quit for a while (been social turned habitual smoker for over 20 years and now in my 40s) but hadn't been able to do so. It wasn't until my daughter was born nearly two years ago, and I found I too was beginning to have disturbing thoughts. Mine involved her being harmed while under my inebriated care. That was when I decided it was time to quit too. I'm not sure what the chemical/psychological connection is to having these thoughts, but it was then I realized marijuana was no longer my friend. Please know you are not alone in this, and although my cravings have tapered a bit, when I feel weak, I always think back to those insidious thoughts the pot gave to me. This drug will try anything to get you back, but we must remain strong! Keep up the the good fight, brother or sister!

Dear gateway loiterer, thank you for the advice and support. I will keep trying to be strong and fight this addiction. It's the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. What is helping me get this far is mostly just distractions. That helps with the thoughts too. I can't thank you enough for sharing your story with me; I know how scary it feels to feel like that. I hope you are well and continue being as kind to others as you have been to me. It's nice to not feel alone in this. Don't know what I would do if I felt it was just me. Take care of yourself and your family. I will try to do the same.

Default distract yourself

Hi Lifechanger - Thank you for your kind words. There's nothing wrong with distractions during these tense times while overcoming this addiction. Use them. Distract yourself in any healthy way you can. We all began using and ultimately succumbing to our marijuana addictions due to trying to distract ourselves from our lives. Now, after some clarity, it's the other way around. We're trying to distract ourselves back into our lives. Good luck with and strength to your sobriety, and if you should temporarily falter, give yourself forgiveness. Day 80 for me and counting....

Hey there

I think distractions are the way to go! The more you do it the more natural it will become. And the farther away from thinking about weed you will be.

I used cannabis for 20 years just about daily. And off and on for a number of years before that. Like was mentioned, it was no longer my friend. I felt I was becoming "stupid" --my brain was just in a state of "duh..." And I was beginning to have strange and unsettling thoughts and anxiety.

I quit two and half years ago. I am very happy to not use it anymore. One of the challenges for me was figuring out what my life was going to look like without cannabis. The longer you are cannabis free the easier it becomes to stay that way. Every now and then I think it would be nice to have a little and feel that wave of relaxation. I remember how it was, but it is sort of in a nostalgic way. I had that for many years, but toward the end, the cons definitely outweighed the pros and there is no way I want to go back to the state I was in while quitting. Just not worth it. I feel so much better now.

Hang in there! Hope this helps.
    John

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Default thank you John

Thank you, John, for your words. Your journey towards long term sobriety (2 1/2 years!) is an inspiration. My smoking timeline is similar to yours and being able to walk in the foot steps of others who have conquered their addictions (as much as one can) is comforting! Day 84 and counting...

I agree with gateway loiterer. You are an inspiration John and thanks also for the insight of what it's like 2 Ĺ years being sober. It still feels like a huge mountain I have to climb to get where you are. I'm surprised I've made it this far but I'm taking it one day at a time. You guys are helping me stay strong. I wish for one day to wake up and not feel the need to be high. Sobriety has been for me the best and worst feeling of my life. I want peace not just from weed but from everything else. Thank you and stay strong even though I know how hard that can be.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising