+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: What to do if you feel like using cannabis

Dear Gateway Loiterer & LifeChanger

I am really glad to have helped a little! And thanks for letting me know.
    It really is one day at a time. And accessing resources to help yourself. This site is very informative and helpful. Marijuana Anonymous was really helpful for me as well.

Hope you are both doing well with quitting.

John

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default On day 2 detox

Iím on my second day without weed and am struggling. Although I felt really confident and optimistic last all day, last night I flew into a rage and ended up smashing up some things in my house. Iím going through a bereavement (my ex committed suicide in April) so Iím already suffering a lot with anxiety, depression and anger and Iím scared of how Iíll cope with these next few weeks of withdrawal. But I know I have to do it. I just donít know how to deal with the ups and downs. Iíve been smoking on and off for 25 years and have been smoking all day, everyday during lockdown. Anyway, I wanted to say it gave me hope reading some of your posts and itís good not to feel alone in what weíre all going through - good luck to all of you and if anyone has any tips on controlling the crazy anger that keeps flooding my brain, please share them!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Iím on my second day without weed and am struggling. Although I felt really confident and optimistic last all day, last night I flew into a rage and ended up smashing up some things in my house. Iím going through a bereavement (my ex committed suicide in April) so Iím already suffering a lot with anxiety, depression and anger and Iím scared of how Iíll cope with these next few weeks of withdrawal. But I know I have to do it. I just donít know how to deal with the ups and downs. Iíve been smoking on and off for 25 years and have been smoking all day, everyday during lockdown. Anyway, I wanted to say it gave me hope reading some of your posts and itís good not to feel alone in what weíre all going through - good luck to all of you and if anyone has any tips on controlling the crazy anger that keeps flooding my brain, please share them!
    Hey there
    Sounds like you are dealing with a lot!

This site is really good for reading about experiences people have had with cannabis and quitting. Also a great place to share your experiences and thoughts.

Although I don't have any tips on controlling your anger, you might benefit from seeing a therapist and/or doctor. It is important to get all the support you can during this time.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Hang in there!
    John

Default On the path of Annihilation...

"act of reducing to non-existence," 1630s, from Middle French annihilation (restored from Old French anichilacion, 14c.), or directly from Medieval Latin annihilationem (nominative annihilatio), noun of action from past-participle stem of annihilare "reduce to nothing" (see annihilate) - etymonline

Oh the discontent, restlessness, irritation, paranoias...what to do what to do.
    This forum is good stuff; it takes me back, way back, back before I got experienced in spirituality.
    Man, I still get haunted by friggin drug dreams. It serves as a reminder. Im a smoker, I like weed better than anything or rather in conjunction with other things ie movies, girls, food, video games, music. It seems to make life so vibrant, yet why is it that on a whole my life becomes so much more black and white and I rely on weed more and more to return that vibrancy to my being again?
    Ill tell yo why - it is bc I am an addict....if the sh*ts around me I smoke it, given my own willpower.

To be honest, I don't even know why I really smoke, I just do. I can come up with a number of excuses of coarse - it was just made illegal bc the feds don't like Mexicans, Snoop Dog smokes so why can't I, I don't care anyway so why not, etc? The joint is just a symbol, a symbol for my apathy and my piss poor attitude, a symbol for not-living-up to that potential that everyone always saying I have.

I still do not have the willpower to stay stopped on my own. The only reason I have not used for a few years is bc I have managed to clear away the resentments that were eating at me through the steps and developed some type of relation with a power that can alleave my addiction. I still don't know why the heck it works and it baffles me. I do know it works though, so if you are like me, and I was on my last leg and about to blow my head off, please try the steps and traditions in recovery. Sobriety is way better than I ever thought it would be, besides, why the heck would I want to be like Snoop Dawg anyway?

thank you all for being here, I need this,
    -adambomb

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
    "act of reducing to non-existence," 1630s, from Middle French annihilation (restored from Old French anichilacion, 14c.), or directly from Medieval Latin annihilationem (nominative annihilatio), noun of action from past-participle stem of annihilare "reduce to nothing" (see annihilate) - etymonline

Oh the discontent, restlessness, irritation, paranoias...what to do what to do.
    This forum is good stuff; it takes me back, way back, back before I got experienced in spirituality.
    Man, I still get haunted by friggin drug dreams. It serves as a reminder. Im a smoker, I like weed better than anything or rather in conjunction with other things ie movies, girls, food, video games, music. It seems to make life so vibrant, yet why is it that on a whole my life becomes so much more black and white and I rely on weed more and more to return that vibrancy to my being again?
    Ill tell yo why - it is bc I am an addict....if the sh*ts around me I smoke it, given my own willpower.

To be honest, I don't even know why I really smoke, I just do. I can come up with a number of excuses of coarse - it was just made illegal bc the feds don't like Mexicans, Snoop Dog smokes so why can't I, I don't care anyway so why not, etc? The joint is just a symbol, a symbol for my apathy and my piss poor attitude, a symbol for not-living-up to that potential that everyone always saying I have.

I still do not have the willpower to stay stopped on my own. The only reason I have not used for a few years is bc I have managed to clear away the resentments that were eating at me through the steps and developed some type of relation with a power that can alleave my addiction. I still don't know why the heck it works and it baffles me. I do know it works though, so if you are like me, and I was on my last leg and about to blow my head off, please try the steps and traditions in recovery. Sobriety is way better than I ever thought it would be, besides, why the heck would I want to be like Snoop Dawg anyway?

thank you all for being here, I need this,
    -adambomb
    Good for you, adambomb!

Even though I get an occasional nostalgic desire to be high, I am very happy not to be using cannabis anymore. I feel so much better without it really. And I felt so awful toward the end of using it. Why would I want to be there again? The cons definitely outweighed the pros toward the end.

All the best!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising