+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do if you feel like using cannabis

So I am on my 14 day without.... its has been really hard... I don't crave the pot so bad but the withdrawl is getting to me. I am really depressed, confused and without focus.

But what has helped me is focusing on my two beutiful todler daughters and the time I have lost for not being with them and how this motivates me to make up time. I will get the hole day on saturday with them, and that is FUN! heartwrenching also cause the bigger one woke up crying for me today. I have cuased this but now I can really be the loving dad that they need. And maybe with time the husband my wife deserves.

Also what has helped is being constantly one the move, traveling from one city to next makes me tired and that is good cause I dont have time to think so much on the weed.

Spending time with nonuser Friends, I don't have many but the few that are left are very supportive and talk about a hole lot of stuff that takes your mind off it.

Looking for hobbies...I havent found any yet but I guess stuff that will help me is were I can grow without stress... Thinking about reconstructing my 4x4 and taking it out for spins.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Finding ways to help....

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

i feel your pain. have smoked the drug since i was 18 and am now 28. always feel the need to smoke 'on the way' or 'before' something....so completely understand your dilemma about canoeing. i have decided today to detox the DAILY smoking...but the more and more posts i read, i think i may have to detox cold turkey and not save pot for 'social occasions' (as i've been telling myself i can do).

am a high-stress, type-A, anal retentive, OCD (self-diagnosed) personality type and have not found anything that brings me 'down' quite like mary jane. however, more and more recently i have stayed 'down' and don't even feel like smoking...just do it because it's a habit/routine.

am thinking i will replace smoking joints with exercise. that always makes me feel good. but the few times that i have tried to detox before, the nausea and vomiting are so overwhelming, i always spark up just to get my appetite back. sorry to give my life story but this post started out as a reply...not sure where i'm going with this post now. side effect of smoking too much, perhaps.

believe it or not i was in the top 10% of my high school class and have a master's degree from a top university in canada. despite my lack of capitalization in this post, i am in fact an educated professional with a successful career and personal life (not the typical isolated loner stoner type).

have recently become involved with a new love interest...they like to smoke too but more of an occasional social thing. i would love to be able to do that, but know i can't. have smoked every day for the last ten years, save for a few days here and there that i run out of the drug and lay in bed shaking, sweating, and vomiting. gross, i know, but true.

thanks for all of your posts and for giving me something to read when i'm not sure what else to do or where else to turn for advice. now i don't feel so alone in my quest to get off the green.

So we can talk about good things also. I am on day 26 without. but I am excited that next week I will go hiking for a hole week in one of the last rain forests alive.
    You hike 2 and half days into the forest and then you hike the same 2 and haf days back. We carry our stuff in mules and have horses for making the hike a little softer. No bathrooms, no beds, lots of snakes, mosquitos and all type of beatles..... lots of howler monkies and maybe some other exotic animals in the verge of extincion. I am really exited that I am making this trip . Even if I positivly do not have the phisical condition for doing this.... I am probably gonna suffer every single day of the trip.... But I know my mind is definanty gonna be concentrated on surviving and enjoying. I am shure I am gonna feel HIGH the hole week, but a natural high.... endorphines, adrenaline and total phisical exhaution.................

If I survive I will come back and tell you guys about this hole expierience.
    Last edited by Detox Me; 10-20-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Well I did this expedition I told you guys about in my last post. It was hell! The pain was unbearable... my feet were about to explode... the thirst was inmense... I could barely sleep in the tents... but it changed my... in strong way. For starters it was so extreme I apreciate sitting in chairs, Being able to drink water and stuff that is so basic. I Really recomend doing something as tiresome as this.

Default 4 month off but tempted to use again

Yeterday it was my forth month off... but I am no feeling positive or strong. Yesterday if I would of gotten offered any pot I would of caved in I know it. Today I feel a little better but still weak... I guess I will just hide out so I wont meet any users!

I thought by this time I would feel the need any more but things havent gone so good in the depression deparment I feel like hidding. The best way to hide for me is pot. So I am really tempted...

so im on day 3 without weed, 3 days doesn't sound like a lot probably, but to me it feels like a lot,

i am in my house and have about 2 grams of the drug on me, this is torturous and pathetic at the same time

i want it so bad, but also desperate to detox because after nearly 10 years of heavy smoking i feel like my emotions are shot, and I am currently studying for my Master degree and the smoking is making it soooo much harder than it needs to be

i am sick of looking like a junkie, or thinking that people think that of me.

ive become quite isolated in the last year and hope that i can quit the drug and become more sociable and confident

Hello agent 227, I can truly relate to your feelings of being empowered and happy with your quit efforts one day, then craving like crazy the next. I often oscillate between those feelings as well. I on day 4 of abstinance after smoking last Friday night. Today was a sort of difficult day for me because I began craving when I woke up. However, I began doing a personal inventory of my feelings as well as reading NA literature and of course praying and things eased up. My ex, who is recovering from another substance, gave me some really helpful pointers on handling those cravings that seem to appear from nowhere. He advised me to focus on anything other than wanting to use for 3 - 5 minutes, he said real cravings really only last 3 mins. or so. He also emphasized that I needed to get out of the house and walk the dogs or do something because this would help the craving to subside. I found that these techniques really worked for me. I'm not saying that it will work for everyone, everytime but it is definitely some aresenal you can add to your weapons to fight this deep rooted disease.

Default Need to detox - Need a Job

Lost my job of 10 years on New Year's Eve. Probably been smoking for 17 or 18 years. I just did the math - I had no idea it has been so long! Life flies by - and I'm afraid I've already missed too much of my own.

Now I am unemployed and I need to detox so I will have the confidence to apply for jobs at companies that I know "test." This is my first day on the site - I could use all the tips & tricks to get my mind off it as possible!

Welcome to the rehab group MarleyArcher. I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my job on Jan. 4th without warning and on the cusps of completing my masters. I had been abstaining pretty well for about 2 months before I was released but I began sliping one weekend at a time, until I was back using at least 3 to 4 days a week. Addiction is a vicious cycle but we can defeat it if we remain diligent in seeking help and reaching out to others. I don't have the solution to detox but I do know that you are in the right place by opening up to the forum. Keep determined, read literature and pray for one day at a time .

Angry the first few days SUCK!

this site has been quite helpful so far, especially the thread on theanine..

but I'm still having HUGE craves, mad shakes, and anxiety (though I'm already on anti-anxiety meds).

IT's incredibly difficult when every friend you've amassed over the last 10 years smoke pot, and even more so when you're between jobs with nothing to fill up your days...
    I've tried distracting myself with a job hunt, painting, sewing, anything to keep my hands busy really... but pot thoughts still creep up basically every hour.

Also, bongs are my night time ritual... its SO weird that I won't be tired at all, I'll smoke, and then pass out... but now i just lie awake for hours. Melatonin doesn't help.... and I'm out of ideas.

Anyhoo, thanks for listening. Quitting is something I've wanted to do for a long time... I've just never had the strength.... I'm really hoping CannabisRehab.org will help

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising